• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

My first choice for a new Avenger, mainly because I'd like to see more strong female leads in these movies. Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel, specifically.
And who knows, maybe in the movies they actually make her a strong female character and not a "rawr strong female character". Fuck is Ms. Marvel written awfully. Except when she was with Spidey.

Tho I haven't read anything since she's Captain Marvel.

I liked how they handled her in Earth's Mightiest Heroes. I was hoping she'd be in Cap 2, setting her up to get her powers and be in Avengers 2. Maybe there's still time for that, but I'm not optimistic.

My first choice for a new Avenger, mainly because I'd like to see more strong female leads in these movies. Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel, specifically.
Yeah, my money would be on them using Wasp though not only because she was in Whedon's original draft but because she would be a good link between the rest of MCU and Ant-Man which will be the next movie out after Avengers 2. I'm betting Carol Danvers gets set up in Winter Soldier though. Maybe they'll both get in.

Slayven

And who knows, maybe in the movies they actually make her a strong female character and not a "rawr strong female character". Fuck is Ms. Marvel written awfully. Except when she was with Spidey.

Tho I haven't read anything since she's Captain Marvel.

Spidey makes everything better. They should have continued their relationship.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Yeah, my money would be on them using Wasp though not only because she was in Whedon's original draft but because she would be a good link between the rest of MCU and Ant-Man which will be the next movie out after Avengers 2. I'm betting Carol Danvers gets set up in Winter Soldier though. Maybe they'll both get in.

Ms Marvel got her powers from the Kree , i dont see her being brought in thru cap, namor however....

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I kinda hope Wanda and Pietro are in Avengers 2. It'd be cool! Scarlet Witch is a classic Avenger and it'd be interesting to throw a brother/sister dynamic into the middle of an already volatile team.

I don't see how that would be possible. They were originally X-Men villains.

I liked how they handled her in Earth's Mightiest Heroes. I was hoping she'd be in Cap 2, setting her up to get her powers and be in Avengers 2. Maybe there's still time for that, but I'm not optimistic.

She was great in EMH. Not as much in the comic. KSD is... alright, but people far overhype her.

TDLink

I would think that Guardians of the Galaxy would be the best introduction for Ms. Marvel.

People keep saying this and I continue to not understand why at all. She has never had anything to do with the Guardians whatsoever. Iron Man actually has more to do with them since he'll at least be in the reboot. It makes 0 sense for her to show up in GotG.

People keep saying this and I continue to not understand why at all. She has never had anything to do with the Guardians whatsoever. Iron Man actually has more to do with them since he'll be in the reboot. It makes 0 sense for her to show up in GotG.
I assume it goes SWORD has to do with space and the Guardians have to do with space so why not.

I think it's a bad idea. Guardians is a new IP, and it should focus only on the Guardians.

Have Ms. Marvel show up at Captain America or Iron Man, if anything. Don't risk the Guardians' debut by trying to add too many characters. And I say this as someone with a generally unfavorable opinion of the group.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
A Wolverine/X-Men crossover would have to be a cross-dimensional/alternate-earth type of thing. There's really no reconciling those two universes otherwise. One side visits the other, comes back home, and the mess made is minimal.
Well, with First Class being a reboot of sorts, they could totally do it now...

Nesotenso

Meh. Maybe I'm just not as loyal to this stuff as y'all, but I figure we've seen Pete in more than a few movies and everywhere basically. What would be the harm in using Miles instead? *shrug* Doesn't seem like that big a deal to me.

It's all moot since Spidey will probably not be in the mcu -- a fact I am quite comfortable with -- but still. It would be neat.

why even bother with a second rate Spidey ?

"Cap, we're sending you on a mission, Agent Danvers will join you"

-----------------

"Boy, AIM or whoever the fuck sure does have a lot of bizarre shit locked up in their secret base"
"It looks alien, Cap!"

-----------------

"ARGH SHIT I GOT ZAPPED BY SOMETHING!!!! hey why am I floating"

Hire me Mahvel plz

J10

Banned

I wish First Class were a reboot, but really, it just didn't give a fuck about continuity. Singer said in an interview recently that he was crafting the story for X4 with all the movies in mind, including First Class, part 3 and Origins.

People keep saying this and I continue to not understand why at all. She has never had anything to do with the Guardians whatsoever. Iron Man actually has more to do with them since he'll at least be in the reboot. It makes 0 sense for her to show up in GotG.

Probably because her powers are cosmic and otherworldly.

Perfect world would be

Avengers(including spidey) Vs X-men storyline for Avengers 3 and then they team up to fight Magneto+Doom+Red Skull villain team up.

TDLink

I assume it goes SWORD has to do with space and the Guardians have to do with space so why not.

I think it's a bad idea. Guardians is a new IP, and it should focus only on the Guardians.

Have Ms. Marvel show up at Captain America or Iron Man, if anything. Don't risk the Guardians' debut by trying to add too many characters. And I say this as someone with a generally unfavorable opinion of the group.

Probably because her powers are cosmic and otherworldly.

That doesn't really justify it. "They both have to do with Space" is a dumb reason when Space is gigantic. Plus Marvel has many more "cosmic" properties that gel better with GotG anyways (and in many cases actually have gelled with them in the comics).

I agree with Anti-Monitor in that it's a bad idea to try to shoehorn her, or any Avengers stuff (besides common enemies like Thanos), in if they actually want GotG to shine and build into its own franchise. Which I assume they do because if they just wanted another lead up to Avengers 2 movie they could have picked a myriad of other things that actually take place on Earth and make more sense.

Perfect world would be

Avengers(including spidey) Vs X-men storyline for Avengers 3 and then they team up to fight Magneto+Doom+Red Skull villain team up.
No. No Avengers vs X-Men things. Please.

That doesn't really justify it. "They both have to do with Space" is a dumb reason when Space is gigantic. Plus Marvel has many more "cosmic" properties that gel better with GotG anyways (and in many cases actually have gelled with them in the comics).

People have just been suggesting Marvel to create a Spidey knock off just to have something similar to Spidey in Avengers 2.

People want more characters in the MCU, no matter how much sense it makes at this point.

I agree with Anti-Monitor in that it's a bad idea to try to shoehorn her, or any Avengers stuff (besides common enemies like Thanos), in if they actually want GotG to shine and build into its own franchise. Which I assume they do because if they just wanted another lead up to Avengers 2 movie they could have picked a myriad of other things that actually take place on Earth and make more sense.

It's because her backstory involves Mar-Vell. She doesn't even have to be in the movie long.

TDLink

It's because her backstory involves Mar-Vell. She doesn't even have to be in the movie long.

Even then, the Mar-Vell connection to GotG is through Phyla Vell, who isn't appearing in this film. So if anything it would be better suited for a GotG 2 when they would maybe introduce Phyla as a new member of the team.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo

I concur. If not for Ms Marvel, then Wasp (probably already in consideration) and Spider-Woman need to be considered.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I wish First Class were a reboot, but really, it just didn't give a fuck about continuity. Singer said in an interview recently that he was crafting the story for X4 with all the movies in mind, including First Class, part 3 and Origins.
Precisely, also X4 will be Days of Future Past, so keep FC and that one in the MCU and make Origins, X, X2 and The Last Stand a branched universe or something.

If they EVER did an xmen/avengers cross over, a cool flash back could be Wolverine and Captain America behind enemy lines in WW2 together for a covert mission or something. That has potential for a cool reunion when they run into each other 70+ years later.

paul187

Any chance of Marvel getting the FF back? Is FOX that far along with the reboot, or will they let the license revert? Could they shit out a straight to DVD movie to keep the rights still?

Doctor Doom deserves better.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
If they do go the route of Spider-Woman, they do have two excellent choices for a character to revolve around.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs

It wouldn't work. In the MCU, Captain America is considered the world's first superhero. This would not make sense with Wolverine, Magneto and Sebastian Shaw existing in WWII. Also, there's a secret CIA program involving mutants with superhuman powers and SHIELD isn't a part of it?

ReiGun

why even bother with a second rate Spidey ?
Why not? Doesn't really matter to me. I don't want Spidey in this shit at all, but I would at least appreciate the novelty of Miles.

There's no real argument against Miles besides "Peter is Spiderman and that's that!" and "Sony has Spiderman, so what's it matter?! lolololol" (The second point is more important of course. Ha.)

"Cap, we're sending you on a mission, Agent Danvers will join you"

-----------------

"Boy, AIM or whoever the fuck sure does have a lot of bizarre shit locked up in their secret base"
"It looks alien, Cap!"

-----------------

"ARGH SHIT I GOT ZAPPED BY SOMETHING!!!! hey why am I floating"

Hire me Mahvel plz
You're a genius.

The maximoff twins state that whoever uses them first gets them which is why Marvel needs to use them first.

Forget Carol in Avengers 2 but give us Wanda and Pietro.

Slayven

If they do go the route of Spider-Woman, they do have two excellent choices for a character to revolve around.

They shouldn't have a problem with the first 2 Spiderwoman, but Spiderwoman 3 through 5 might be a problem since their origins are uniquely tied to Spiderman.

The maximoff twins state that whoever uses them first gets them which is why Marvel needs to use them first.

Forget Carol in Avengers 2 but give us Wanda and Pietro.

But if you remove mutants and Magneto from their origins, are those characters even recognizable anymore? I kind of would rather see them in X-Men movies, just so they wouldn't have to be completely changed.

Well, Scarlet Witch would be a neat way to set up the possibility of mysticism in the MCU, leading into Strange's film.

As for Pietro, I dunno. Genetic experiment by the Russians. Maybe tie it back to Winter Soldier, I dunno.

Nesotenso

Why not? Doesn't really matter to me. I don't want Spidey in this shit at all, but I would at least appreciate the novelty of Miles.

There's no real argument against Miles besides "Peter is Spiderman and that's that!" and "Sony has Spiderman, so what's it matter?! lolololol" (The second point is more important of course. Ha.)

that is a pretty good argument and should be the end of it.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
‘Revenge’s Emily VanCamp Landing Lead In ‘Captain America 2′

evc__130201222908.jpg

So this is the new Sharon Carter? Niiice.

Top Bottom