• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth C

Well considered he created that thought, then yeah it is. You know that more than one person can share a theory right?

Did he? Or is he one of the millions of people who has read it over the last few years and was simply parroting someone else's theory? I think his point was that it is a very common theory and unlikely that your friend came up with it independently.

Guys, we've missed an obvious, obvious Marvel twist set-up.

So our heroes kill Thanos, right?
But then.
We see some shoes walking up the steps to Thanos' rocket thrones.
This person sits.
Camera pans up.
Up.
We see their face as the camera pans and they just... stare at us. As the camera moves away, slowly.

Kevin Spacey.

That's how House of Cards season 3 ends.

So I was wondering regarding the Inhumans movie I recently read the Paul Jenkins Jae Lee run about a week ago (check it out if you haven't). And I was wondering if Marvel would actually have Black Bolt not talk ? I was thinking if Marvel would change it to where he could talk but only for a little bit or not yell I mean he's the lead of the group and you cast actors to speak and they can't have him go to that pocket dimension everytime he needs to talk. They've already made changes to some of the more convulted characters in the movies like Drax and Starlord. So what do you guys think ?

duckroll

Black Bolt isn't going to talk. There are things Marvel Studios will change to make stuff more accessible for the movie audience, but iconic character traits is not one of them. Black Bolt talking would be similar to having Captain America without a shield, or Thor without his hammer, or Star Lord not being an asshole.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
http://www.latino-review.com/news/marvel-wants-a-fresh-start-with-spider-man-without-andrew-garfield

We previously reported on the potential deal between Marvel and Sony to share the rights to Spider-Man at a 60/40 split, and that deal seems to be the one that will potentially be jump-started if Sony Pictures Entertainment continues to stumble in their handling of the Spider-Man franchise.

Sony is understandably preoccupied with the consequences of a massive hack that includes leaked films, downed intranet services and the leak of documents and e-mails, but should this deal move forward, we've learned some more details about what Spider-Man's potential return to Marvel would entail.

The 60/40 split still looks to be the divide with Sony handling distribution. However, Marvel's not inclined to give Sony creative control over the character, nor planning on honoring the contracts with Sony's Spider-Stars. More poking into the origins of the Aunt May solo film and Female Spider movie rumors revealed that these were actual Sony Picture Entertainment plans that Marvel knew about and severely disliked. Now that Marvel can have the rights to the character back, they plan to wipe the slate with the Amazing Spider-Man universe.

IF the Marvel/Sony deal were to go forward, Andrew Garfield would no longer be Peter Parker and any baggage from existing films, Raimi or Webb, would be non-canonical, Marvel doesn't want any part of those films. The idea is that the Spider-Man romance movie has been played out over five installments, so any new Spider-Man films would focus on the difficulties of being a teenager and a superhero with a romance side-story, not the film's focus. Marvel also thinks that the origin story is well-trodden territory, so any Spider-Man movies under this deal would begin with Peter Parker already leading a dual life. Spider-Man making his debut in Captain America: Civil War is still a distinct possibility and would serve as the character's introduction to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. But as of now Spider-Man will NOT be in Civil War. I was told that they have a script nailed down.

Marvel's desire to remove Andrew Garfield from the role was a major point of contention with Sony's Amy Pascal, traditionally a stalwart defender of the talent in her films. However, current events leave her positioned slightly weakened.

I feel like we're inching towards Spidey in the MCU!

obama-sweating.jpg

The MCU is the gift that keeps on giving?

Pachimari

Just started watching Agents of Shield Season 1! Episode 1 were very great and Episode 2 were solid. Really loving it at the moment. :)

Jake is a bit old for Spidey, no? I'd figure they'd go with someone younger like Anton Yelchin or Logan Lerman. If they wanted a bigger star in the role I think Radcliffe would do a great job.

Jake is a bit old for Spidey, no? I'd figure they'd go with someone younger like Anton Yelchin or Logan Lerman. If they wanted a bigger star in the role I think Radcliffe would do a great job.

Sounds like Marvel wants an older Peter. Jake is only 3 years older than Garfield and can look younger than he is anyway. That said, a new Spidey movie probably won't appear before 2017 so...

After the latest S.H.I.E.L.D. episode, that one leaked scene from AOU, and the Inhuman series, I think I may see where Civil Wars conflict might come from.

Tony wants to create machinery to detect threats before they emerge. After Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, I can see Tony making something to detect humans with a certain level of divergence from human genetics regardless of the origin of the divergence. Inevitably, this kind of technology would end up finding inhumans. Captain America would not like this kind of monitoring and outing as we have seen in Captain America 2. There's already tension in the AoU scene. If Tony started a program that ends up killing innocent people simply because they have power, I don't imagine Captain America taking kindly to it.

After the events of Civil War, we could see the Inhuman Royal family react to the persecution of their fellow inhumans. They would likely reach out to Captain America's allies or Captain America himself(assuming he's alive) to offer safe haven for any Inhumans that are persecuted. That would explain why we've already gotten casting rumors for Inhumans as well. It would also give the Civil War movie access to people with special powers.

MechDX

After the latest S.H.I.E.L.D. episode, that one leaked scene from AOU, and the Inhuman series, I think I may see where Civil Wars conflict might come from.

Tony wants to create machinery to detect threats before they emerge. After Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, I can see Tony making something to detect humans with a certain level of divergence from human genetics regardless of the origin of the divergence. Inevitably, this kind of technology would end up finding inhumans. Captain America would not like this kind of monitoring and outing as we have seen in Captain America 2. There's already tension in the AoU scene. If Tony started a program that ends up killing innocent people simply because they have power, I don't imagine Captain America taking kindly to it.

After the events of Civil War, we could see the Inhuman Royal family react to the persecution of their fellow inhumans. They would likely reach out to Captain America's allies or Captain America himself(assuming he's alive) to offer safe haven for any Inhumans that are persecuted. That would explain why we've already gotten casting rumors for Inhumans as well. It would also give the Civil War movie access to people with special powers.

Tony using Scarlett Witch's probability powers to locate "threats" ala the short lived Force Works serious after Avengers: West Coast

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Nice, I like all the choices actually :D

(Now they just need Jake Gyllenhale for the new Peter Parker)
Nah, he could be Ben Reilly... maybe.

Al Pacino is obviously Mephisto. :p
He would ham it up like no other, could be nice xD

Just started watching Agents of Shield Season 1! Episode 1 were very great and Episode 2 were solid. Really loving it at the moment. :)
Man if you already like it that much, the second half of the season will make your head explode :p

TEJ

I'm going to be waiting a long time for my she-hulk ace attorney movie, co-starring phoenix wright...............correct?

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I'm going to be waiting a long time for my she-hulk ace attorney movie, co-starring phoenix wright...............correct?
You and me both :(

Vibranium

Banned

Yeah, probably as long as us Rich Rider fans (James Gunn's Nova comments hurt a lot but I really like him still). I hope Nova appears in Part 1 of Infinity War or something....

Posted in one of the other topics, but if the source is to be believed then Feige may be part of some real talks about Spider-man next month:

http://www.screengonzo.com/2014/12/...to-occur-between-marvel-sony-early-next-year/

I really hope Sony agree with Marvel and they work out a deal. They'll get a 40% cut (and with the bigger moves it will be a decent amount) and they can focus on making big franchises out of other stuff.

Having Spidey around will be fun. Plus, some of his D-list villains can appear in other shows like the Netflix series or AoS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom