• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

James Gunn confirms that Kang the Conquerer belongs to Fox. Goddamit.

6wq2spo.jpg

Crosses fingers for the Fantastic Four film to bomb.
3SjMk5.gif

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Weird that Kang would be caught up in rights issues since he's an Avengers villain 99% of the time. I guess because of Rama-Tut/Immortus having his first appearance in FF comics?

Also that he's a descendant of Reed Richards I would guess.

Quick

Banned
FF is looking okay to me. I understand the potential of another property going back to Marvel if it fails, but I hope Fox ends up making a decent FF movie. The cast looks fine, but I wish we'd see more of them interact as a group in the trailers. Doom is the big question mark, and he might end up being the weak link of it all, but we'll see.

Neoxon

FF is looking okay to me. I understand the potential of another property going back to Marvel if it fails, but I hope Fox ends up making a decent FF movie. The cast looks fine, but I wish we'd see more of them interact as a group in the trailers. Doom is the big question mark, and he might end up being the weak link of it all, but we'll see.
I'm hopeful that the F4 movie will be decent (& if the rumors of Matthew Vaughn taking over for the reshoots are true, the film may be saved yet). But I have a bad feeling that at the very least, Doom's gonna once again be fucked up 6 ways to Sunday.

I'm so bummed about no Kang. He seemed like the obvious next step for Phase 4 and beyond.

Well, if they want a future character who has already beaten all the heroes, they could always use Maestro. It would be a different sort of story, of course, just use a few of the same themes.

And then I would grin so hard that my face would split in half.

Well, if they want a future character who has already beaten all the heroes, they could always use Maestro. It would be a different sort of story, of course, just use a few of the same themes.

And then I would grin so hard that my face would split in half.

They could do Future Imperfect as the stand alone Hulk movie. Maybe alter it so human Banner gets brought to the future, and in the future "The Other Guy" is in control at all times and gone insane. That way they don't have to have CGI Hulk all the time and still show Ruffalo.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Do we know who has the rights to non-franchise specific Marvel Universe stuff?

Like the Savage Land, or Madripoor?

The Blue Area of the Moon?

The Watcher?

Is it where they first showed up?

They could do Future Imperfect as the stand alone Hulk movie. Maybe alter it so human Banner gets brought to the future, and in the future "The Other Guy" is in control at all times and gone insane. That way they don't have to have CGI Hulk all the time and still show Ruffalo.

Except they don't have rights to a solo Hulk film. Yet.

Also, AoU spoilers,
the way they had the ending of Age of Ultron, it is entirely conceivable, maybe even likely, to make Merged Hulk come out of that. They had the Hulk/Banner transformation interrupted right in the middle and then after that Hulk proceeded to do a number of very non-Hulk-like things, such as take Widow to safety before going after the bad guy, calmly close the back hatch of the plane, and turn off the comms.

Either way, I really hope they give Maestro a shot in the films now that they're focussing on him more in the comics. Such a great villain, he should be up there with Magneto and Doom and the like.

whipihguh

Banned
Marvel kinda sorta has the rights to the Skrulls, correct? Perhaps they could use the Kree-Skrull War or Secret Invasion in future Avengers movies.

Neoxon

Marvel kinda sorta has the rights to the Skrulls, correct? Perhaps they could use the Kree-Skrull War or Secret Invasion in future Avengers movies.
Marvel shares the rights to the Skrulls with Fox like they share the Maximoff Twins & Madame Hydra. However Fox has exclusive rights over Kl'rt/Super-Skrull (though we don't know if Marvel can use any of the other Super-Skrulls or not).

IHaveIce

Banned
It may be old, but the source kinda went under the radar. James Gunn verified that he 100% pulls from the DnA stuff for Guardians. Couple this with the fact that he warned Chris Pratt against reading the Bendis stuff a while back, it's safe to assume that any Bendis members of the team (Angela, Captain Marvel, Agent Venom, etc.) are a no-go.
Fine,though I can't believe him that much. Ofc I loved the movie though it was much different than the DnA run. Drax is a brute, Gamora is not a lusty woman, Quill is an outlaw instead of a genius tactician. Rocket and Groot are pretty close. ofc we don't know how much Feige had influence.

Neoxon

Fine,though I can't believe him that much. Ofc I loved the movie though it was much different than the DnA run. Drax is a brute, Gamora is not a lusty woman, Quill is an outlaw instead of a genius tactician. Rocket and Groot are pretty close. ofc we don't know how much Feige had influence.
I think he means more of the stories than anything else. Meaning that characters & story arcs from the Bendis run will go ignored.

TDLink

Yes, hire the woman that is the star of a new TV series. Her schedule won't be monopolized by the show at all.

TV actors regularly film movies when the show is on break. Occasionally shows will accommodate for films as well and work around the actor's schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom