• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielcw

Sure, since Johnny Storm turned out to be a great Captain America, why not Gwen Stacy as Captain Marvel?

This makes me wonder, why don't we get more cameos or casting-gags.
I mean we have Stan Lee or Lou Ferigno every once in a while, but why not get more actors or people with a Marvel history in other minor roles?

This makes me wonder, why don't we get more cameos or casting-gags.
I mean we have Stan Lee or Lou Ferigno every once in a while, but why not get more actors or people with a Marvel history in other minor roles?

I feel like that's a lot of effort for gags that only a few people will appreciate. Most people don't know or care that Cap's actor was already Johnny Storm.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/06/09/isaac-perlmutter-signed-off-on-spider-gwen-is-a-movie-next/

Bleeding Cool seems to think that a Marvel/Sony produced Spider-Gwen film is a distinct possibility since Ike Perlmutter is really keen on the character.

JJdcFkS.gif

Yes please.

J10

Banned
She doesn't even have an established voice yet and the book is boring as fuck, but sure. Keen on the character. Gotcha.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
She doesn't even have an established voice yet and the book is boring as fuck, but sure. Keen on the character. Gotcha.
But it sells.
I am on your side. Maybe establish Spidey before forcing other Movies.

If they want they can introduce in the animated Universe

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/06/09/isaac-perlmutter-signed-off-on-spider-gwen-is-a-movie-next/

Bleeding Cool seems to think that a Marvel/Sony produced Spider-Gwen film is a distinct possibility since Ike Perlmutter is really keen on the character.

eh...I don't think introducing alternate universe characters is a great idea for the MCU. I guess it could kinda work? but she would be a clone, a reskinned jessica/anya or something crazy- no way to make the character 1:1 with what's in the book.

J10

Banned
I don't think they will. I think some characters will just stay in team movies and shows and Hawkeye is probably one of them. There are only so many movies and shows they can make and going forward they will probably want to spend more and more resources expanding and diversifying the roster.

duckroll

Realistically, they are an obstacle though. As long as they retain first right of refusal, there is no reason for Disney to want to make such a film. Marvel can only produce so many films a year, and there's no reason to divert resources to a film which would benefit a competitor. Spider-man is a unique situation because Spider-man is -really- popular. Hulk, not so much.

Quick

Banned

Definitely okay with this.

A little skeptical about the source, but good news if true.

Screenrant is reporting that Umberto Gonzales is saying Kenneth Brannagh may return to direct Thor: Ragnorok.

http://screenrant.com/thor-3-director-kenneth-branagh/

Kenneth Branagh was sorely missed in Thor: The Dark World. I hope he really comes back.

Kenneth Branagh was sorely missed in Thor: The Dark World. I hope he really comes back.
Agreed.

IMO, Thor 1 was the most "beautiful" of the MCU movies. Great Cinematography, amazing set and concept design in the form of Asgardian stuff, did a really wonderful job of transforming on of the more "hokey" Marvel heroes into something that was more believable and you could take more seriously.

J10

Banned
I dunno how anybody considered Thor "hokey" when shit like Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter and Star Wars was already super popular.

duckroll

I dunno how anybody considered Thor "hokey" when shit like Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter and Star Wars was already super popular.

What do all those stories have in common? The main character is an unassuming "normal" guy who gets forced into a magical larger world where he must do great things. They're also dorky leads. This makes it easily relatable to the nerd culture audience and the common joe. Thor is a confident and arrogant thunder god with a perfect physique. Basically an out of style action hero from the 80s. That's why he's considered "hokey". It's not the setting, it's the character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom