• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

I wonder if we'll get one of those. Have we gotten any MCU Director's Cuts yet?
Nope.

Do we know when Age of Ultron is releasing on Bluray?
And Agent Carter for that matter?

I find it weird that we haven't heard anything about a Bluray release in regards to Agent Carter.

rexor0717

Okay, this is not to criticize or attack a fanbase - I see myself as a huge MCU fan - but am I the only one who feels let down after Age of Ultron?

The more I think about that movie, the more annoyed I get at it. Combined with me being extremely hyped about Ant-Man, it still looks to be a superhero vs mirror of himself villain kind of film.

At this point the MCU feels stale and like a letdown to me. In fact, Age of Ultron have killed some of my hype for all upcoming MCU movies, even Civil War. Thankfully the announcement of Tom Holland have made me very curious again.

I can't wait for Age of Ultron to come out on Bluray so I can rewatch it. But man, did not sit right with me.

I really enjoyed Age of Ultron, just felt like it was edited strangely with some "because it has to" plot points. I do feel like the characters were fairly consistent with their previous iterations, including Iron Man. God, that final fight scene has played over and over in my head so many times. It was distilled awesome. I'll be buying it on bluray asap.

danielcw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oZIks6NlK8

Whedon already said the home video release will have many deleted scenes, but no director's cut.

It would like to point out, that htis interview was probably made while Joss was doing press and PR for Ultron. He wouldn't say anything, that could hurt the movie's business. If he had confirmed any sort of longer cut before the movie hit theatres, it could have hurt the theatre business.

I still think, that we have no idea, whether there will be a longer or different cut.

EDIT: On the other hand:
Didn't Feige come out a few days later and say that there would be a Director's Cut?
Where did you read that?

It would like to point out, that htis interview was probably made while Joss was doing press and PR for Ultron. He wouldn't say anything, that could hurt the movie's business. If he had confirmed any sort of longer cut before the movie hit theatres, it could have hurt the theatre business.

I still think, that we have no idea, whether there will be a longer or different cut.

EDIT: On the other hand:

Where did you read that?

Joss' interview was on the 23rd, and I can't find any exact quotes, but the are a lot of articles that came out around the 25th/26th that said there would be.

Pachimari

God, that final fight scene has played over and over in my head so many times. It was distilled awesome.
You mean the fight against Ultron and his army? To me, that was super weak and extremely forgettable. And mostly felt like a retreat from The Avengers with the whole Chitauri invasion.

duckroll

I agree, but it's really easy to talk about deleted scenes without specifically saying whether there will be a director's cut or not. Usually when directors say there won't be a director's cut, there isn't. But... extended cuts on the other hand... lol.

I think they've said the DVD/BluRay version will be longer.

This is from April:

http://screencrush.com/avengers-2-dvd-blu-ray/

That's all from the Amazon email which was later retracted and Marvel has never actually said anything about it.

TDLink

From one of the Ant Man threads, regarding the post credit scene:

According to El Mayimbe, this is what the end credit scenes consist of:

The first mid credits scene:Hank Pym (Michael Douglas) gives the WASP costume with wings to Hope Van Dyne (Evangeline Lilly). Hank explains to Hope what happened to Hope's mother Janet Van Dyne.

Final credits scene: The scene has Captain America, The Falcon, and The Winter Soldier. Cap and Falcon have located The Winter Soldier to a remote location where The Winter Soldier is tied up.

Falcon asks Cap "Should I call Stark?"

Cap replies "No."

Falcon replies "I know who to call." Implying Ant-Man.

In case you didn't know, Falcon is in Ant-Man in a few key scenes.

*Take it with a grain of salt

If this is true, especially the "few key scenes" part, I am guessing this was a big reason Edgar Wright left the project...based on what we know.

Penguin

From one of the Ant Man threads, regarding the post credit scene:

If this is true, especially the "few key scenes" part, I am guessing this was a big reason Edgar Wright left the project...based on what we know.

I have seen two completely diff set of spoilers haha

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Expect “Mind-Bending Weirdness” From DOCTOR STRANGE, Says Kevin Feige

Warning: the link contains some spoilers to Ant-Man.

For me the starting point when talking about Strange is ‘Where does he live?’ One of the problems the Daredevil Netflix show had to face was that modern day Hell’s Kitchen is nothing like the Hell’s Kitchen of the 1960s through the 1990s. They got around that by having the area returned to its bad old days as a result of the Chitauri trashing it during The Avengers. But Stephen Strange lives in Greenwich Village, which was a hip, bohemian enclave in the early 1960s - see Inside Llewyn Davis - but is now the place you go when you want to buy a thousand dollar designer handbag. Can Strange still keep his Sanctum Sanctorum in the Village when it has become one of New York’s most upscale neighborhoods? Will Marvel move him out?

“The Sanctum is on Bleeker Street, the modern day Bleeker Street,” Feige told me, adding: “He will be the strangest thing walking out onto that street.”

Other things have changed since the first appearance of Doctor Strange, and racial sensitivity is chief among them. Strange’s origin is tied into a certain kind of exotic Orientalism that was popular in the 20th century, and his mentor The Ancient One was basically just a racist caricature of a wise old Tibetan man. Recent rumors have Tilda Swinton taking the role of The Ancient One, a choice that swaps not just gender but race.

“As we were developing this film we looked at The Ancient One as a mantle more than a specific person,” Feige explained. “The sorcerers have been around for millennia, protecting us from things we didn’t know about until this story. There have been multiple [Ancient Ones], even if this one has been around for five hundred years, there were others. This is a mantle, and therefore felt we had leeway to cast in interesting ways.”

Apparently footage/a teaser for Civil War is making the rounds. Nothing too big, but it got shown at the India Comic-Con, I believe? Apologies if we're not supposed to talk about leaks. I figured we just weren't supposed to post it.

It shows
Crossbones in action

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Apparently footage/a teaser for Civil War is making the rounds. Nothing too big, but it got shown at the India Comic-Con, I believe? Apologies if we're not supposed to talk about leaks. I figured we just weren't supposed to post it.

It shows
Crossbones in action

leakify us, cap'n

J10

Banned
The Crossbones part is just an edited scene from the Flash TV series. The rest is from other movies. The intro is from this with a fake voice dubbed over.

mooncakes

Man, I cant wait to see Doctor Strange crib, the Sanctum Sanctorum. I really want to see some cool artifacts that he has.

So if Doctor Strange is in costume in the movie, we can assume he has the cloak of levitation already? Since his costume consists of a cape in the comics.

Shit would be cool if he shout some of his Mahvel 3 spells in the movie lol

Dagger of Denak! Mystic Sword! BY THE HOARY HOST OF HOGGATH!

spoiler: Ant-Man Clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfcn9Um8sk8

TDLink

Been a bit behind on updating the OP, but I just updated some important information that has been announced or come to light in the last few weeks for several projects. I'm still planning on doing a revamp of sorts of the OP but I've been pretty busy this summer. I'm aiming to try to get it done by time Ant Man releases, but we'll see if that happens. The new version of the topic should make more sense given the expansion of the MCU into television.

Quick

Banned
Been a bit behind on updating the OP, but I just updated some important information that has been announced or come to light in the last few weeks for several projects. I'm still planning on doing a revamp of sorts of the OP but I've been pretty busy this summer. I'm aiming to try to get it done by time Ant Man releases, but we'll see if that happens. The new version of the topic should make more sense given the expansion of the MCU into television.

I'm working on the Ant-Man OT, and I can get some fresh graphics done once I finish up the OT, if you still need them. :)

danielcw

I have a thread title for you: Ant-Man |OT| Thanos isn't in this, but Falcon is

It isn't unlikely that both of those are true.
And we should avoid that, like we did avoid it with the Age Of Ultron OT titles, which almost became a big spoiler by accident.

EDIT: Age Of Ultron spoiler: one proposed OT title was
Quciksilver dies in this
. While I am not sure, I believe that title would have been an accidental spoiler.

It isn't unlikely that both of those are true.
And we should avoid that, like we did avoid it with the Age Of Ultron OT titles, which almost became a big spoiler by accident.

EDIT: Age Of Ultron spoiler: one proposed OT title was
Quciksilver dies in this
. While I am not sure, I believe that title would have been an accidental spoiler.

Avoid anything that could remotely be a spoiler in the title. Otherwise it will be a lot of anger and the title will change anyways.

I propose keeping the Thanos streak alive.

Ant-Man |OT|- Honey I Shrunk the Thanos

or

Ant-Man |OT| - Thanos Shrinks in This

It should all culminate in Avengers: Infinity War Pt 1 |OT| - Thanos is actually in this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom