• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick

Banned
If they get Kenneth Branagh back, that would be great. But if they get him AND Patrick Doyle back for Ragnarok, damn.

I need that epic score from Doyle.

Tom Holland cast as Spider-Man.

Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios are proud to announce that after a full worldwide casting search, Tom Holland will play Peter Parker/Spider-Man in the next Spider-Man film, in theaters in IMAX and 3D on July 28, 2017. The film will be directed by Jon Watts, director of "Cop Car," the upcoming thriller that made its debut earlier this year at the Sundance Film Festival.

Marvel and Sony Pictures, and producers Kevin Feige and Amy Pascal conducted an extensive search for both the actor and the director. The studios and producers were impressed by Holland’s performances in "The Impossible," “Wolf Hall,” and the upcoming "In the Heart of the Sea," and by a series of complex screen tests. Following Marvel’s tradition of working with the brightest next wave of directors, Watts also went through multiple meetings with Feige, Pascal, and the studio, before winning the job.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/movies/24758...ir_spider-man_star_and_director#ixzz3du0jKuNB

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
'Avengers: Infinity War - Part I' casting call for new roles

“Auditions are now getting underway for the Marvel Studios feature film ‘Avengers: Infinity War – Part I’ lead and supporting roles. The auditions for new lead and supporting roles will be taking place in Los Angeles, CA. The film is the first in a two-part sequel in which Thanos plays a major role, along with the Magus. Adam Warlock’s bad side, the Magus, separates from his body and assembles the Infinity Gauntlet. Magus creates doppelgangers of Earth’s heroes as part of his plan to recreate a universe of evil. “Avengers: Infinity War – Part I” will be shot entirely on the IMAX/ARRI 2D digital camera.”

122025.jpg

J10

Banned
This kinda makes Adam Warlock's appearance in Guardians 2 a given, doesn't it? It's crazy that this information would get out before an announcement on that.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
This kinda makes Adam Warlock's appearance in Guardians 2 a given, doesn't it? It's crazy that this information would get out before an announcement on that.

Then why would they be casting for Avengers? Surely they'd use the same actor.

TDLink

I'm excited to see Adam Warlock. Unfortunately based on other comments Gunn has made I have to assume that means no Mantis again.

duckroll

"Magus creates doppelgangers of Earth’s heroes as part of his plan to recreate a universe of evil."

ROFLMAO. This is so stupid I think it's probably true. Didn't get enough of generic alien CG army in Avengers 1? Wanna scratch the itch of the generic Ultron CG army from Avengers 2? Great, now enjoy the generic Avengers-clone CG army! Woooohoooooooooo!

Marvel pls learn to make credible threats in your films. :(

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
"Magus creates doppelgangers of Earth’s heroes as part of his plan to recreate a universe of evil."

ROFLMAO. This is so stupid I think it's probably true. Didn't get enough of generic alien CG army in Avengers 1? Wanna scratch the itch of the generic Ultron CG army from Avengers 2? Great, now enjoy the generic Avengers-clone CG army! Woooohoooooooooo!

Marvel pls learn to make credible threats in your films. :(

It's not Avengers vs army, it's Avengers vs. Avengers.

duckroll

It's not Avengers vs army, it's Avengers vs. Avengers.

Fans are going to get excited and expect something like the Cancerverse and Cthulhu-Avengers from The Thanos Imperative. What we'll get instead are a mindless army of Avengers cloned into an "evil threat". Let's be realistic. :p

Neoxon

And Spider-Man is officially in Civil War.

KAIb1.gif
To the surprise of nobody, but it's good to have confirmation.

In other news, Kevin Feige clarified that while the next set of Spidey movies will be under Sony, they'll be produced by Marvel Studios.

I hope, like Infinity War, they keep the Spiderman Doppelganger around for years latter for no real reason. I remember him showing up in Maximum Carnage and just thinking 'yeah, fuck it. That guy too'

rexor0717

You know, maybe they'll have Aunt May die in the next Spider Man instead of Uncle Ben. We've already seen him die twice and maybe it could affect Peter in a different way.

J10

Banned
You know, maybe they'll have Aunt May die in the next Spider Man instead of Uncle Ben. We've already seen him die twice and maybe it could affect Peter in a different way.

Without thinking about it too deeply, that'd be an interesting twist if set up properly. Having a father figure around would probably alter the character and his relationships with others significantly though.

Pachimari

Okay, this is not to criticize or attack a fanbase - I see myself as a huge MCU fan - but am I the only one who feels let down after Age of Ultron?

The more I think about that movie, the more annoyed I get at it. Combined with me being extremely hyped about Ant-Man, it still looks to be a superhero vs mirror of himself villain kind of film.

At this point the MCU feels stale and like a letdown to me. In fact, Age of Ultron have killed some of my hype for all upcoming MCU movies, even Civil War. Thankfully the announcement of Tom Holland have made me very curious again.

I can't wait for Age of Ultron to come out on Bluray so I can rewatch it. But man, did not sit right with me.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
At this point the MCU feels stale and like a letdown to me. In fact, Age of Ultron have killed some of my hype for all upcoming MCU movies, even Civil War. Thankfully the announcement of Tom Holland have made me very curious again.
Do you only watch the movies? Because if you do, I suggest you catch up on Agents of SHIELD and Daredevil. Jessica Jones should be coming out in December or January. And on the movie front, Civil War looks to be pretty incredible just from looking at the cast alone. Then that's followed by Doctor Strange and Spidey, followed by some sort of alleged original story in GotG 2.

I understand frustration with AoU, but I don't think we can quite claim the MCU has gotten stale yet.

Pachimari

Do you only watch the movies? Because if you do, I suggest you catch up on Agents of SHIELD and Daredevil. Jessica Jones should be coming out in December or January. And on the movie front, Civil War looks to be pretty incredible just from looking at the cast alone. Then that's followed by Doctor Strange and Spidey, followed by some sort of alleged original story in GotG 2.

I understand frustration with AoU, but I don't think we can quite claim the MCU has gotten stale yet.
I'm watching all of the shows. Weird how I forgot about them when I mentioned the MCU, when I basically meant the films only.

Daredevil is the best thing Marvel have produced. And Agents of Shield is fantastic. I love both shows. Agent Carter were a real drag though.

That said, I expect Ant-Man to bring me back on board. And it it is funny, because Ant-Man is probably the one Marvel movie I have been most hyped about of all of them, and I haven't even read any of his comic books.

Man I'm so excited about Ant-Man and the potential.

Age of Ultron just felt like a stab in the back. It hurt real bad. But I'm gonna give it another go when it is out on Bluray of course. Hopefully we'll get a Director's Cut.

Neoxon

I'm watching all of the shows. Weird how I forgot about them when I mentioned the MCU, when I basically meant the films only.

Daredevil is the best thing Marvel have produced. And Agents of Shield is fantastic. I love both shows. Agent Carter were a real drag though.

That said, I expect Ant-Man to bring me back on board. And it it is funny, because Ant-Man is probably the one Marvel movie I have been most hyped about of all of them, and I haven't even read any of his comic books.

Man I'm so excited about Ant-Man and the potential.

Age of Ultron just felt like a stab in the back. It hurt real bad. But I'm gonna give it another go when it is out on Bluray of course. Hopefully we'll get a Director's Cut.
I didn't hate AoU by any means, but I feel like a Director's Cut would help with some of the pacing issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom