• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://collider.com/thor-3-ragnarok-director/

Kevin Feige talks Thor: Ragnarok's director/writer:

Steve recently spoke to Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige at the press day for Ant-Man, and they touched on Thor 3.

Feige says, “probably towards the end of the summer we would announce a filmmaker and a writer. May be the same person, I don’t know, may be two different people.”

As to the recent rumor that they would bring back Kenneth “Unnecessary Canted Angles” Branagh for another Thor film, Feige responded, “Not true. I don’t know where that came from.”

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Cross posting for you guys over here:

Saw the world premiere yesterday. Here's some bullet points on my end. No Spoilers.

- More enjoyable than Age of Ultron. It's smaller in scale/scope and felt way more focused.
- The comparisons to Ocean Eleven aren't entirely accurate. It's definitely a heist/burgling movie, but doesn't really have the Ocean's swag/feel. At the same time that's not a bad thing.
- The comedy is very Rudd/Apatow feel. Conversational, improv. The jokes land, unlike Age of Ultron's. I thought it overall was one of the funniest Marvel movies. Very lighthearted but still had pretty solid "human" moments. The motivations are clear.
- Not really any annoying/throwaway characters.
- The MCU tie ins don't feel ham-fisted. It feels very organic and it's not overdone at all.
- There is one sequence/MCU tie-in that you really don't want spoiled. It was great not having any idea it was going to happen. It was pretty important in the movie too.
- The two credits scenes were really cool. Enjoyed them both immensely and they were better than AoU's.
- Michael Douglas is in the movie way more than I expected. It's more of an ensemble movie than I thought it would be.
- Hope Van Dyne was a pretty good character overall. She was essentially the anti-Jane Foster.

I'm not going to give a score, but I'll put it into a MCU rank list:
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
The Avengers
Iron Man
Guardians of the Galaxy
Ant-Man
Captain America
Thor
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Iron Man 3
Thor: The Dark World
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2

If anyone has any other questions, let me know and I'll try to answer. PM me if you want spoilers.

Neoxon

Cross posting for you guys over here:

Saw the world premiere yesterday. Here's some bullet points on my end. No Spoilers.

- More enjoyable than Age of Ultron. It's smaller in scale/scope and felt way more focused.
- The comparisons to Ocean Eleven aren't entirely accurate. It's definitely a heist/burgling movie, but doesn't really have the Ocean's swag/feel. At the same time that's not a bad thing.
- The comedy is very Rudd/Apatow feel. Conversational, improv. The jokes land, unlike Age of Ultron's. I thought it overall was one of the funniest Marvel movies. Very lighthearted but still had pretty solid "human" moments. The motivations are clear.
- Not really any annoying/throwaway characters.
- The MCU tie ins don't feel ham-fisted. It feels very organic and it's not overdone at all.
- There is one sequence/MCU tie-in that you really don't want spoiled. It was great not having any idea it was going to happen. It was pretty important in the movie too.
- The two credits scenes were really cool. Enjoyed them both immensely and they were better than AoU's.
- Michael Douglas is in the movie way more than I expected. It's more of an ensemble movie than I thought it would be.
- Hope Van Dyne was a pretty good character overall. She was essentially the anti-Jane Foster.

I'm not going to give a score, but I'll put it into a MCU rank list:
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
The Avengers
Iron Man
Guardians of the Galaxy
Ant-Man
Captain America
Thor
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Iron Man 3
Thor: The Dark World
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2

If anyone has any other questions, let me know and I'll try to answer. PM me if you want spoilers.
I have my MCU films ranked...
  1. Guardians of the Galaxy (my soft spot for space operas gave it the slight edge over Winter Soldier for me)
  2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
  3. The Avengers
  4. Iron Man 1
  5. Avengers: Age of Ultron
  6. Iron Man 3
  7. Captain America: The First Avenger
  8. Thor
  9. The Incredible Hulk
  10. Thor: The Dark World
  11. Iron Man 2
Where do you think Ant-Man would go for me?

duckroll

I do hope they approach him though.

It sounds like they already have someone in mind, at the very least to write the script, whom they are also hoping will direct it. At least that's how I read Feige's comments. So whoever he's thinking of is a writer-director at the very least I think. If the person decides not to direct it, they'll probably move to a plan B.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
I have my MCU films ranked...
  1. Guardians of the Galaxy (my soft spot for space operas gave it the slight edge over Winter Soldier for me)
  2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
  3. The Avengers
  4. Iron Man 1
  5. Avengers: Age of Ultron
  6. Iron Man 3
  7. Captain America: The First Avenger
  8. Thor
  9. The Incredible Hulk
  10. Thor: The Dark World
  11. Iron Man 2
Where do you think Ant-Man would go for me?

Within the mix right within the Ultron - Iron Man 3 region. I thought it was definitely better than Iron Man 3. I'm not a huge Ultron fan seeing it a couple times.

It definitely feels like a Phase 1 Origin Story movie but quicker paced and no real "boring" parts.

danielcw

I never really thought about ranking all the MCU movies.

I just came to the conclusion, that I would rank Iron Man way lower than most people, because the ending and final fight really drags it down for me.

EDIT:
I thought Yost and Kyle were already working on the screenplay?

Shame they're not considering Branagh by the sounds of things.

Maybe Yost & Kyle already wrote a story and first drafts,
and now they are just not sure who will be responsible for the final drafts and work with the director

Neoxon

Within the mix right within the Ultron - Iron Man 3 region. I thought it was definitely better than Iron Man 3. I'm not a huge Ultron fan seeing it a couple times.

It definitely feels like a Phase 1 Origin Story movie but quicker paced and no real "boring" parts.
I saw AoU twice & still enjoyed it, but I do hope that they bring out an extended cut (which would help with the pacing issues that I noticed in my second viewing).

That being said, sounds like a good movie to me. Can't wait until opening night.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
I saw AoU twice & still enjoyed it, but I do hope that they bring out an extended cut (which would help with the pacing issues that I noticed in my second viewing).

That being said, sounds like a good movie to me. Can't wait until opening night.

Yeah to me, I enjoyed AoU, but it just wasn't that "fun". This movie was fun and the action sequences were pretty fresh with the shrinking. The use of Ants is pretty cool too. They pulled it off.

danielcw

So that MCU tie-in is actually part of the movie, not a bonus-scene for the fans, that could have been cut?

Pachimari

Age of Ultron have just left me angry over time lol. But I enjoyed Iron Man 2 immensely. While I still can't see why The Winter Soldier is considered the best by many. I should update my rankings too.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
So that MCU tie-in is actually part of the movie, not a bonus-scene for the fans, that could have been cut?

It's not a bonus scene. It could've been replaced with a non-MCU affiliated sequence, but it being a tie in sequence helped add legitimacy and more oomph.

Once again, there are 2 credits tags, both very cool. I especially got excited for the second one.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Wow, who would have thought that Ant Man could be a better film than Age of Ultron, considering all the drama that befell its production.

Pachimari

To me, Ant-Man has always been a more exciting prospect than Age of Ultron. I don't even think I were that hyped about Age of Ultron BUT I can't wait to give it another chance on Bluray.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
ku-medium.gif

Not sure where they would place it though, unless they plan to move forward with 4 movies a year. And if they plan to do that, even if it's a movie I'd like, to be honest I'd rather not have them pushed movies back to fit Spidey instead :(

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?

I saw this and thought that they'd rather say nothing than a yes or no. It should have happened/been announced already tbh but if they really are serious, I hope they do her justice.

Ant Man [OT] Look, you don't understand. There was shrinkage.

Marvel's Ant-Man [OT] Is It Too Late To Change The Name?
Marvel's Ant-Man [OT] I Think Our First Move Should Be Calling The Avengers.

E the Shaggy

So now they get the Tumblr whiners to shut up.

But seriously, where would they put Black Widow. Then again, if they have back-door plans to squeeze Ant-Man into Phase 3 before the Infinity War movies are over, I guess they can squeeze in Black Widow.

I feel like Marvel could start churning out more movies. Do smaller scale ones for Black Widow, Hawkeye, Falcon etc etc. Go with a smaller budget, see how those work out.

Also, Feige just talked about filming schedules and says they're halfway through filming for Civil War (42 days to go). They gotta slap Tom Holland in that suit quick.

Quick

Banned
I saw this and thought that they'd rather say nothing than a yes or no. It should have happened/been announced already tbh but if they really are serious, I hope they do her justice.

Marvel's Ant-Man [OT] Is It Too Late To Change The Name?
Marvel's Ant-Man [OT] I Think Our First Move Should Be Calling The Avengers.

OT and Spoiler Thread title?

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I feel like Marvel could start churning out more movies. Do smaller scale ones for Black Widow, Hawkeye, Falcon etc etc. Go with a smaller budget, see how those work out.

Also, Feige just talked about filming schedules and says they're halfway through filming for Civil War (42 days to go). They gotta slap Tom Holland in that suit quick.
Yeah. Something about having announced all of their Phase 3 movies always surprised me. I won't be shocked if we get 2-4 more surprise films somewhere in their already busy schedule.

IIRC, they prepared two versions of the script from the beginning. One with BP, and one with Spidey.

Nah I'm not talking about the script as much as I am talking about getting everybody prepared for any Spider-Man scenes before they're done filming. I think he'll be in some important scenes, but he won't be in the movie for all that long, possibly like Quicksilver was in DoFP for Fox.

repost from Agents Of SHIELD thread

Could we be involved in a different crossover?

Blind Item: Crossover Event Eyed for Fall — and It Will Blow. Your. Mind.
http://tvline.com/2015/07/01/crossover-event-fall-tv-season-blind-item/

It is a blind item, and it doesn't mention any show in particular, but both shows are that said to be different, to "share no DNA". Maybe our Agents meet another Disney/ABC property like Once Upon A Time?

Arrowverse/Vampire Diaries crossover!

Pachimari

I know if won't happen, but I would do anything for a Agents of Shield / The Vampire Diaries crossover. Just say the vampires comes from Morbius or some nonsense.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
repost from Agents Of SHIELD thread

Could we be involved in a different crossover?

Blind Item: Crossover Event Eyed for Fall — and It Will Blow. Your. Mind.
http://tvline.com/2015/07/01/crossover-event-fall-tv-season-blind-item/

It is a blind item, and it doesn't mention any show in particular, but both shows are that said to be different, to "share no DNA". Maybe our Agents meet another Disney/ABC property like Once Upon A Time?

Amalgam baby!

Amell as Arrow Guy.
John Diggle, Agent of SHIELD.
The Secret Squad... which consists of Deathlok the Terminator, Count Hyde, Garrett/Merlyn, Ward/Deadshot, Skye/Felicity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom