• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skab

J10

Banned
Never heard about WHIH.
Is it a Marvel thing?
Should I know it from previous MCU stuff?

That's the reporter Tony Hooked up with in Iron Man. Various WHIH news reports are in most of the movies. Pretty sure when Kingpin went public in Daredevil, WHIH was the station you saw on the TV.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
repost from Agents Of SHIELD thread

Could we be involved in a different crossover?

Blind Item: Crossover Event Eyed for Fall — and It Will Blow. Your. Mind.
http://tvline.com/2015/07/01/crossover-event-fall-tv-season-blind-item/

It is a blind item, and it doesn't mention any show in particular, but both shows are that said to be different, to "share no DNA". Maybe our Agents meet another Disney/ABC property like Once Upon A Time?
AoS x Grey's Anatomy

So WHIH News just set up their Twitter page and posted this video.

Christine Everhart has moved on from Vanity Fair!
Hah, amazing!
I thought they had forgotten about her.

Oh cool. Was she in more than one movie?
Yes, she appears in IM2 as well, where she interviews Tony and Hammer at the bar before the race in Monaco.

Pachimari

I find it incredibly hard to decide which of Iron Man 2 and 3 is the better movie. I hold Iron Man 2 in high regard and I think it have been one of the more enjoyable Marvel movies. I feel the same about Thor and Thor: The Dark World - currently I can't decide on the two.

I gotta rewatch all four of them again.

I'm trying to do my final list before Ant-Man comes out.

But if I don't include those four films yet, then my list currently looks like this:

01. Guardians of the Galaxy
02. Iron Man
03. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
04. The Avengers

05. Captain America: The First Avenger
06. Avengers: Age of Ultron

07. The Incredible Hulk

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
A shame, but as previously stated, I'm glad Marvel's making sure there are no problems early on to avoid another Edgar Wright situation.
Agreed. And saying she "passed" on it makes it sound like there was an offer, but I wonder if that was the case. She always seemed like a weird fit for this project to me, and that's knowing a grand total of nothing in regards to where they want the movie to go. I have enjoyed her work, from what I've seen of it, but I'm glad this didn't work out.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
http://heroichollywood.com/home-1/2...offered-female-lead-in-marvels-doctor-strange

HOT RUMOR: Rachel McAdams Gets Offered Female Lead In Marvel's 'Doctor Strange'

By Umberto GonzalezJuly 6, 2015

Just in time for Comic Con. Some Marvel news to drop before the con gets going.

According to my sourcing here in Los Angeles, the rumor I'm hearing is that Rachel McAdams, currently starring in the second season of True Detective, has been offered the female lead in Marvel's upcoming Doctor Strange. Scott Derrickson is directing the film based on the screenplay by Jon Sphaits. Benedict Cumberbatch is headlining as the Sorcerer Supreme.

My guess: Mrs Thanos

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://heroichollywood.com/home-1/2...offered-female-lead-in-marvels-doctor-strange

HOT RUMOR: Rachel McAdams Gets Offered Female Lead In Marvel's 'Doctor Strange'

So she's playing Clea?

DrStrangeB.jpg

Dalek

Megaton: Wesley Snipes and Marvel are talking to bring him back as Blade in the MCU

http://comicbook.com/2015/07/09/welsey-snipes-has-met-with-marvel-about-returning-as-blade-the-v/

That absolutely positively will not happen. I'll eat my hat if it does.

Snipes is known to be a pain in the ass to work with-check out Patton Oswald's stories about him. Marvel doesn't tolerate such foolishness from their talent, and they gave Edward Norton and Terrance Howard the heave ho.

Plus the dude is 52 years old now-Blade was almost 20 years ago. If they want to start the franchise anew it will be without him.

b14fa75146da4fff887281012fb579f1.gif

http://www.geeksofdoom.com/2012/11/...ly-honest-about-the-failures-of-blade-trinity

Wesley [Snipes] was just fucking crazy in a hilarious way. He wouldn’t come out of his trailer, and he would smoke weed all day. Which is fine with me, because I had all these DVDs that I wanted to catch up on. We were in Vancouver, and it was always raining. I kept the door to my trailer open to smell the evening rain while I was watching a movie. Then I remember one day on the set—they let everyone pick their own clothes—there was one black actor who was also kind of a club kid. And he wore this shirt with the word “Garbage” on it in big stylish letters. It was his shirt. And Wesley came down to the set, which he only did for close-ups. Everything else was done by his stand-in. I only did one scene with him. But he comes on and goes, “There’s only one other black guy in the movie, and you make him wear a shirt that says ‘Garbage?’ You racist motherfucker!” And he tried to strangle the director, David Goyer.

So we went out that night to some strip club, and we were all drinking. And there were a bunch of bikers there, so David says to them, “I’ll pay for all your drinks if you show up to set tomorrow and pretend to be my security.” Wesley freaked out and went back to his trailer. [Laughs.] And the next day, Wesley sat down with David and was like, “I think you need to quit. You’re detrimental to this movie.” And David was like, “Why don’t you quit? We’ve got all your close-ups, and we could shoot the rest with your stand-in.” And that freaked Wesley out so much that, for the rest of the production, he would only communicate with the director through Post-it notes. And he would sign each Post-it note “From Blade.”

A lot of the lines that Ryan Reynolds has were just a result of Wesley not being there. We would all just think of things for him to say and then cut to Wesley’s face not doing anything because that’s all we could get from him. It was kind of funny. We were like, “What are the worst jokes and puns that we can say to this guy?” And then it would just be his face going, “Mmm.” “Smiles are contagious.” It’s so, so dumb. [Laughs.] That was an example of a very troubled shoot that we made fun. You have to find a way to make it fun.

E the Shaggy

I don't care if it has a zero percent chance of happening, the very idea of a Wesley Snipes/Nic Cage Midnight Sons movie is making my head explode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom