• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vidiot

It's always bothered me in the Spiderman movies that Peter can make such a detailed costume. He's just some teenage boy. What teenage boy can sew like that?! Fuck photography, become a tailor!

neoanarch

It's always bothered me in the Spiderman movies that Peter can make such a detailed costume. He's just some teenage boy. What teenage boy can sew like that?! Fuck photography, become a tailor!
He'll probably end up at the Gladiators shop. Unless they want to introduce the other cape tailor.

histopher

The costume actually worries me. I have a feeling Marvels Spidey will have a realistic costume. ASM2 was perfection (the costume that is - nothing else).

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs

Since Marvel has a deal with Under Armour, I can see Spidey's first costume similar to Quicksilver and used by the other Avengers, modified by Peter.

http://gizmodo.com/the-incredible-tactical-undergarments-designed-for-the-1697730211

1208895193336182854.jpg

1208895193520085574.jpg

I remember Feige had this to say about Spidey's costume back in April:
When the costume was brought up, Feige said he favored the Raimi costume over the iterations used in Webb's films. Doesn't really matter though as Marvel already knows which look they are going with. "We’ve already designed the costume, which is different than any of the ones that have come before," Feige revealed to Crave Online. "And yet ours is classic Spidey, as I think you’ll see.”
Agent Carter is coming out on Bluray September 18.
It just started airing here in the UK.

danielcw

I would like his costume to be shitty in Civil War but I don't think that'll happen.

He should get amateur costume in Civil War then Tony offers him to side with him and gives him the new costume

Yeah, I would really like something like this.
(& organic web-shooters)

It seems to be an Amazon exclusive in North America.
Maybe just that packaging is exclusive to Amazon in the U.S.

FYI, the Marvel Television SDCC panel starts in less than an hour. Probably no Netflix news, and probably the only MCU news to come out of SDCC.

Unless that hinted-at animated MCU project is announced at the Marvel Animation panel tomorrow, anyway.

Neoxon

FYI, the Marvel Television SDCC panel starts in less than an hour. Probably no Netflix news, and probably the only MCU news to come out of SDCC.

Unless that hinted-at animated MCU project is announced at the Marvel Animation panel tomorrow, anyway.
Maybe we'll get a release date for Jessica Jones.

neoanarch

Its just Carter and SHIELD. Unless Loeb himself reveals some stuff.

Pachimari

Actually, Joe Quesada was coy when asked about MCU Spidey's web shooters so...
That's not how I read into it. Coy yeah, but he knows the game and genuinely didn't want to comment on too many things, while his talk of the suit was to hype it up, without saying anything about it really.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Quesada is anyway the biggest shittalker of the industry. Hinted a reboot for after Secret Wars and it turned out as a lie. He just wants promition.

The costume will look like always, maybe a little bit more like it was made by a amateur, but in the end we will get the classic dress with maybe a new detail.

Pachimari

The Marvel panel is going on now. And Agent Carter is up first it seems.

News from SDCC:

- Season 2 is gonna be 10 episodes, instead of 8.
- The timeskip between S1 and S2 is six months.
- Takes place in Hollywood in 1947, with Peggy investigating a murder.
- Carter have put to rest the memory of Steve Rogers, and have a few new options.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://www.wired.com/2015/07/nicole-perlman-captain-marvel/?mbid=social_twitter

Nicole Perlman talks about writing Captain Marvel:

“We’ve been talking a lot about archetypes and what we want this movie to be about and just how to write a strong female superhero without making it Superman with boobs. … Meg and I are doing a lot of brainstorming and we’ll catch ourselves and say, ‘Wait a minute, what are we saying [here] about women in power?’ Then we have to say, ‘Why are we getting so hung up on that? We should just tell the best story and build the best character.’ And then we have this constant back-and-forth about how to tell a story that is compelling, entertaining, moving, kick-ass, and fun, and also be aware of what those larger implications might be. It’s a lot more complicated than just writing Guardians.”

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The Marvel panel is going on now. And Agent Carter is up first it seems.

News from SDCC:

- Season 2 is gonna be 10 episodes, instead of 8.
- The timeskip between S1 and S2 is six months.
- Takes place in Hollywood in 1947, with Peggy investigating a murder.
- Carter have put to rest the memory of Steve Rogers, and have a few new options.
Something else new?

jph139

Secret Empire is fucking awesome. I really, really hope they stick with the "klan hood" look - I think, thematically, a weirdo cult in head-to-toe robes skulking around 50s LA would be fitting and terrifying. If done right.

And Cloak and Dagger would be amazing. Fingers crossed that pans out, though I'm not sure if the Darkforce connection is as big as that article makes it out to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom