• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielcw

The mind control guy (Mr. "Focus") was using one of mandarin's rings to pull off his whammies.

That reference was lost on me. Is it something I should know from the MCU?

I am aware of the 10 rings symbol, and of course the Mandarin was never really shown in the MCU. But I don't know, that there are actual rings.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
That reference was lost on me. Is it something I should know from the MCU?

I am aware of the 10 rings symbol, and of course the Mandarin was never really shown in the MCU. But I don't know, that there are actual rings.

19001196604_e41cb517be_o.gif

TDLink

As promised, I have finally redone the OP to this thread.

It's not a super drastic redo or entirely image based, mainly because I wanted to keep it something that was quickly and easily alterable since this information is constantly changing. But I also did update some that information (which is always a continuous process), separated out the shows from the films, and created some better images for what has already come rather than simply using posters. Overall I think the topic works pretty well both on a computer and mobile device.

Feel free to lend me any suggestions for further improvements but I am fairly happy with it over the old (largely broken) version.

E the Shaggy

Is Marvel going to have their own event this summer like they did when they announced their slate of films through 2020?

Not doing Comic Con seems like a pretty big mistake now, considering the groundswell that Fox and WB were able to create with their panels.

jmood88

Is Marvel going to have their own event this summer like they did when they announced their slate of films through 2020?

Not doing Comic Con seems like a pretty big mistake now, considering the groundswell that Fox and WB were able to create with their panels.
I don't see how it was a mistake. They can have their own event, get all the coverage, and not have to deal with the "who won Comic Con?" stuff.

Yeah, not doing Comic Con isn't a big deal at all tbh. They can gear up any trailers or cast announcements at their own pace and scheduling and deliver without competing for attention. They have enough on their slate to fill out their own press conference too.

The only thing that would be missing is "connecting with the fans" but that's really just making the fans pay a ton of money and then focus testing them.

jmood88

Yeah, not doing Comic Con isn't a big deal at all tbh. They can gear up any trailers or cast announcements at their own pace and scheduling and deliver without competing for attention. They have enough on their slate to fill out their own press conference too.

The only thing that would be missing is "connecting with the fans" but that's really just making the fans pay a ton of money and then focus testing them.
Or they can just give away tickets like they did when they had the Phase 3 press conference.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs

Marvel can make a big splash at D23 and NYCC.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Marvel can make a big splash at D23 and NYCC.

D23 definitely, because Disney wants them to. NYCC is an odd duck. We'll probably get an AKA Jessica Jones panel this year, maybe Daredevil. I doubt we'll see anything else. No one wants to fork over money to fly everyone to NY after they do it for SDCC.

Or they can just give away tickets like they did when they had the Phase 3 press conference.

Sure. But the difference is since Comic Con has so many different Vendors, Studios, and Panels.. many fans fly in from around the country (in some cases the world I'm sure), whereas a solo Marvel Conference won't attract as many people from all over. It's just harder to justify a trip for a 2-3 hour conference versus a 3 day stay with multiple attractions.

jmood88

Sure. But the difference is since Comic Con has so many different Vendors, Studios, and Panels.. many fans fly in from around the country (in some cases the world I'm sure), whereas a solo Marvel Conference won't attract as many people from all over. It's just harder to justify a trip for a 2-3 hour conference versus a 3 day stay with multiple attractions.
They don't need any of that, though, and they have more than enough fans in the area that they have no problem filling whatever venue they choose.

Well I'm currently awaiting this coming Friday; Ant-Man is looking to be the another great gem of Marvel's.

And also managed to finally finish Daredevil last week; loved every minute of it. I can't wait for Punisher and Elektra's appearance in season 2 as well as Jessica Jones.

neoanarch

So what's up with Stan showing up at the Xmen panel? He hasn't made a Fox cameo since FF ROTSS and I don't remember him showing up at non-Marvel panels in a while.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
It's always bothered me in the Spiderman movies that Peter can make such a detailed costume. He's just some teenage boy. What teenage boy can sew like that?! Fuck photography, become a tailor!

he's actually a very genius teenage boy and just because no one sow's anymore doesn't mean the spiderman costume is now some feat beyond making the webbing material. It just means a lot of people don't sow or knit anymore so we THINK its some amazing feat, its not its a skill that can be mastered with practice.

eastx

he's actually a very genius teenage boy and just because no one sow's anymore doesn't mean the spiderman costume is now some feat beyond making the webbing material. It just means a lot of people don't sow or knit anymore so we THINK its some amazing feat, its not its a skill that can be mastered with practice.

The Spider-Man movie suits are manufactured. It's impossible for anyone to sew them or construct them without machinery.

dabig2

Is Droid perma-banned?

Doubt it. He got sniped in one of the Iran nuke deal threads. He and a couple others were arguing with this 1 extremely deluded poster. Everyone involved was banned after like a page. Probably a few days or a week, but chances are Droid will miss out on Ant-Man's OW here :(

Penguin

I didn't wanna start a new thread since Ant-man isn't officially out yet, and this will be spoiler-free.

But after sitting on the movie for a week and the entire shindig.

I think that Phase I was better than Phase 2 while Phase 2 had the better movies.

For me anyhow, it felt like Phase 1 was more tightly-knit and was all building to one endgame. While Phase 2 felt a bit more disjointed with a lot of good films that stood on its own, but it never felt like it came together.

I think part of it was not making Age of Ultron the "end" of the phase, but more of a bridge between Phase 1 and Phase 3.

That said, if I listed out my Top 5 movies, 3 of them would be from Phase 2 and 2 of them would be from Phase 1 and Phase 2 would be more top-heavy of that list.

Just my two-cents

TEJ

Droid isn't permabanned, he told me on twitter that it was only a week long ban.

Anyway, seeing ant man tomorrow late morning.

tomtom94

I didn't wanna start a new thread since Ant-man isn't officially out yet, and this will be spoiler-free.

But after sitting on the movie for a week and the entire shindig.

I think that Phase I was better than Phase 2 while Phase 2 had the better movies.

For me anyhow, it felt like Phase 1 was more tightly-knit and was all building to one endgame. While Phase 2 felt a bit more disjointed with a lot of good films that stood on its own, but it never felt like it came together.

I think part of it was not making Age of Ultron the "end" of the phase, but more of a bridge between Phase 1 and Phase 3.

That said, if I listed out my Top 5 movies, 3 of them would be from Phase 2 and 2 of them would be from Phase 1 and Phase 2 would be more top-heavy of that list.

Just my two-cents
I think Phase 2 in general has suffered from being the middle part of the trilogy, because it's meant that they couldn't really tie up many arcs because they had a lot of plates to keep spinning.

Biggest casualty by far of this was AoU.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Ant Man was better than practically all of the other MCU flicks. It's nice to walk out of the theater and not have to think, "welp, I fell for it again."

Holy shit. I LOVE the Horrible Bosses movies so I'm sure their take on Spidey will be both hilarious and well done but I cannot imagine them writing anything remotely appropriate for the age range Marvel films go for, let alone a Spider-Man movie. I wouldn't say I'm excited for Vacation though (however they ARE making a Horrible Bosses 3, which I am excited for).

Very interesting news! I hope they get it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom