• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDLink

Annihilation without the title giving villain. Hm.

It'd be great if they could use Annihilus but I don't think the story should be prevented from being told just because they can't. The core of the story is Richard Rider becoming a hero and saving the universe after losing everything he knows and becoming the last cop in the galaxy. A different villain could fill Annihilus' shoes. They could even still call it the "Annihilation Wave". It's the right way to bring Richard Rider into the universe and the whole story is begging to be seen on Film anyways. Marvel should make it happen.

Quick

Banned
? What has Spider-Man to do with FF?

If FF tanks, Fox is probably gonna keep an eye on how Spider-Man's MCU movie will do critically and financially. That could get them to sign a similar agreement that Sony made with Marvel Studios to bring FF into the MCU. This is all speculative, of course.

Fox already made sequel plans for FF, but it's all talk until we see more on the production end.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
If FF tanks, Fox is probably gonna keep an eye on how Spider-Man's MCU movie will do critically and financially. That could get them to sign a similar agreement that Sony made with Marvel Studios to bring FF into the MCU. This is all speculative, of course.

Fox already made sequel plans for FF, but it's all talk until we see more on the production end.

No way this will happen.
Fox and Marvel Stufios dont have a friendly relationship like Marvel and Sony have.

Quick

Banned
Nothing makes better business friends than money.

yup didn't one of the top marvel/disney guy bad mouth Fox

spidey-avengers-money-e1423594125855.jpg

Pachimari

Maybe FOX would exchange the Fantastic Four rights to Marvel Studios, in order to get the X-Men television rights.

Though, I don't see FOX and Marvel Studios / Disney doing any kind of deal together.

Maybe FOX would exchange the Fantastic Four rights to Marvel Studios, in order to get the X-Men television rights.

Though, I don't see FOX and Marvel Studios / Disney doing any kind of deal together.
Surely we couldn't envision Sony doing the same though? It'll depend how the new movie does, I'd imagine.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
They even consulted each other. Like the one time they let Bendis decide if they should go with Organic Webbing or with Webshooters in ASM.

Never heard of something similar from Fox.

I doubt Marvel would trade away any other rights. Not with Disney being the parent. Marvel will just sit back and wait until Fox bombs enough that they can get the rights back either through co-op like Sony or just straight up.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Marvel Studios & Sony Pictures had a pretty good relationship prior to the deal.
Yup, let's not forget that ASM's Oscorp building almost appeared in The Avengers.

tomtom94

They even consulted each other. Like the one time they let Bendis decide if they should go with Organic Webbing or with Webshooters in ASM.

Never heard of something similar from Fox.

The closest I can think of was Fox let Sony put a trailer for Amazing Spider-Man 2 after the credits of The Wolverine, I think?

Anth0ny

If there's money to be made, Fox and Marvel will work together.

There were COUNTLESS posts and threads made about Spidey in MCU and how Sony would NEVER let it happen.

V4aZpES.jpg

We're running out of time, damn it ; _ ;

Penguin

I think the big diff between Sony/Fox right now is FOX at least is making money with the X-Men brand, they aren't really hurting for a hit the way that Sony is.

So if Fantastic Four bombs, they could play the FF/X-Men card before they need to head to Marvel for assistance.

jph139

Honestly, I think Fox has a lot more to gain from squatting on the license than giving Marvel an inch. They're in a good position with the X-Men films and I think they're in a pretty good position to expand there. The FF stuff is gravy - give it a shot every few years, hope something sticks, and limit your competition's options on the way.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Honestly, I think Fox has a lot more to gain from squatting on the license than giving Marvel an inch. They're in a good position with the X-Men films and I think they're in a pretty good position to expand there. The FF stuff is gravy - give it a shot every few years, hope something sticks, and limit your competition's options on the way.

But you have to keep in mind that if FF bombs, the shareholders at Fox will wonder why the company is still holding onto an IP that keeps consistently losing money for them, and they may come to the conclusion that giving the FF rights back to Marvel/Disney and just cut their losses may be the best move for them.

BTW, it's looking more and more likely that FF will be a dud:

https://twitter.com/kylebuchanan/status/625825754501091328

Penguin

But you have to keep in mind that if FF bombs, the shareholders at Fox will wonder why the company is still holding onto an IP that keeps consistently losing money for them, and they may come to the conclusion that giving the FF rights back to Marvel/Disney and just cut their losses may be the best move for them.

Eh FOX can distract them with actually putting those Avatar sequels into production.

we need spider-man reboot to be super succesful first so those Fox shareholder start thinking why they didn't do the same with Fantastic Four.

GAMEPROFF

Banned

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
It will be kind of hilarious if they shit the bed with the first Spidey appearance in the MCU, but I doubt that will happen. There's just no reason for them to not go full classic with the costume, Spider-Man is one of the few superheroes that never actually needed any sort of tweaking on his look.

whipihguh

Banned
Yeah, that reddit post has gotta be horseshit. There's no way Marvel would be brain dead enough to make Spidey's classic costume look like...that. Not to mention this redditor just happened to finally show the costume right after the Russos posted their costume hints. Talk about coincidence!

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://www.hsx.com/forum/forum.php?id=3&pid=341889

I found this blurb about Thor: Ragnarok:

THOR 3: RAGNAROK (aka THOR 3) - June, 2016; Marvel Entertainment/Marvel Studios/Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures, 135 W. 50th St., 7th flr., New York, NY 10020. Tel: 212-576-4000. Website: http://www.marvel.com / Europa House, 54 Great Marlborough St., London, W1F 7JU, UK. Tel: 020-7858-2000. CAST, Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, Jaimie Alexander; PROD, Kevin Feige; SCR, Craig Kyle, Christopher Yost, Stan Lee, Jack Kirby; DISTRIB, Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures; FOREIGN, Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. STORY: The film is about Thor confronting the gods to the gods when Asgard is threatened with Ragnarok, a cyborg clone of Thor who has all the powers of the Asgardian god and none of the humanity - the Norse apocalypse. (Posted: July 22, 2015)

What the fuck... so cyborg Thor is gonna be a thing in the MCU???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom