• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

Isn't the whole line up of Phase 3 wrong though? All of them got moved because of Spidey.

I appreciate the work out into the OP, very beautiful and informative.

shield

I love things like this, makes you realise how far the universe has come.

Yeah! That's why I made it, I like seeing the whole universe laid out in front of me in logo form. Although my main takeaway after making it is that all the logos are gold, red, and silver.

Thanks shield!

No problem :)

Isn't the whole line up of Phase 3 wrong though? All of them got moved because of Spidey.

I appreciate the work out into the OP, very beautiful and informative.

Isn't Inhumans after Infinity War now? Cause of Spider Man?

Whoops, forgot about that. I didn't include Spider-Man because it's still untitled and doesn't have a logo yet, but I forgot that it shifted some phase 3 movies around too.

Here's the fixed one:

DN0fOge.jpg

curb

Banned
It's been weeks (months?) and I'm still bummed that Princess Sparklefists got pushed back. Oh well, still glad it's happening at all.

curb

Banned
I hope they cast Emily Blunt

Captain Marvel is probably the one upcoming MCU flick I'm most invested in but I've decided to try my best to not have an opinion on who should play her. I don't want to be disappointed if my fantasy casting doesn't happen. My actual biggest hope is that she gets introduced in time to have a real part of Infinity War I but I'm wondering if that's going to be a stretch. Her solo flick doesn't have to be an origin story so I'm hoping she shows up elsewhere first.

Dalek

James Gunn posted this on Facebook on the Anniversary of GOTG 1 year release.

https://www.facebook.com/jgunn

One year ago today, Guardians of the Galaxy opened up in the U.S. and many places around the world. The movie massively over-performed that weekend, even by our own expectations, but what meant more to me is how much so many of you, no matter where you were from, took the story and the characters into your hearts. What meant more to me is that "We are Groot" became a rallying cry for unity among friends and families. What meant more to me is that you laughed at the dumb stuff I thought you'd miss, like "Cap'n's gotta teach stuff" and "I was thinking of something else." What meant more to me is that in our tenth week we were out-performing any comic book film in recent history - not because of the money, but because people were going back to see the film a second, third, fourth, fifth time, or more, because they loved it. What mattered to me is that after a lifetime of telling stories and half a lifetime making movies, I felt like you and I, filmmaker and audience, were at the same place at the same time.
It mattered to me mostly because I told a story fully with my heart, and you took it into yours. I don't think I can ever explain how much that means to me. It makes every failure I've ever had well worth it.
I get a lot of messages from people saying, "You made me believe in movies again." Well, you guys made me believe that what I spent my life doing was worth doing. And you strengthened my belief that nothing's worth doing, if it's not done honestly, and it's not done with love.
On this, the one year anniversary of the cinematic Guardians entering our solar system: thank you, thank you, thank you.
We really are, truly, honestly Groot.
Love,
James

AMUSIX

So are we assuming that with Thanos we'll see the return of a few villains? Seems that each gem directly eliminates a big bad.

The Space Stone took out Red Skull.
The Mind Stone took out Ultron.
The Reality Stone took out Malekith.
The Power Stone took out Ronan.

If the pattern holds, then Time and Soul will each take out someone. So Thanos using the stones to bring back the villains as a personal army almost seems to fit.

Also, it's more or less a given that Vision dies when Thanos shows up, since that Mind Stone has to make it into the Gauntlet.

Asbel

So are we assuming that with Thanos we'll see the return of a few villains? Seems that each gem directly eliminates a big bad.

The Space Stone took out Red Skull.
The Mind Stone took out Ultron.
The Reality Stone took out Malekith.
The Power Stone took out Ronan.

If the pattern holds, then Time and Soul will each take out someone. So Thanos using the stones to bring back the villains as a personal army almost seems to fit.

Also, it's more or less a given that Vision dies when Thanos shows up, since that Mind Stone has to make it into the Gauntlet.

I don't think it's a pattern. The MCU just kills off villains way too easily in general. Giving them no time to develop.

This is all from the fact that someone at Sony bought a copy of Kraven's Last Hunt on Amazon, so take it with a pretty big grain of salt.

That has got to be some of the most impressive straw-grabbing I have ever heard of. I mean maybe it is true (Sony wanted to do a Kraven story as Amazing Spider-Man 1.5 IIRC) but still, damn.

Neoxon

If Kraven ends up in the movie, does that then mean you're full of shit? Better to keep an open mind IMO.
Elmayimbe has been right around as many times as he's been wrong. It honestly could go either way. Plus he only said that Kraven would be the villain, he never said that the story would be Kraven's Last Hunt (which wouldn't make sense for a first Spider-Man film anyway). On top of that, he didn't buy the Latino Review scoop on Spidey's suit.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://www.screendaily.com/news/doc...psychedelic-look/5091304.article?referrer=RSS

Ben Davis (the DP of Guardians of the Galaxy and Age of Ultron) will be the cinematographer of Doctor Strange.

“It has a very psychedelic grounding, and it’s not your typical Marvel action movie,” he stated, before noting that his initial reaction to the project was that it could be “Marvel’s Fantasia”.

“Most of the work within it is about other dimensions. And I described it, I think, when I was talking to Marvel as Marvel’s Fantasia, in a way, because it’s so sort of out there and different to everything else that they’ve done.”

Wow, Doctor Strange gonna get trippy. Can't wait.

With everything they keep saying about Strange, and if the Microverse from Ant-Man was any indication, I feel like Doctor Strange is gonna be like a massive acid trip. Or, I mean, what I would imagine one to be like, psychedelics kinda freak me out. But it sounds like the visuals are gonna be just insane.

Reeeeally excited to see it. Might even make it my first 3D Marvel movie if impressions are good!

Also I agree that I hope to God we see Spidey soon. I don't care if it's concept art or the kid walking/swinging on stage somewhere, my curiosity is out of control.

With everything they keep saying about Strange, and if the Microverse from Ant-Man was any indication, I feel like Doctor Strange is gonna be like a massive acid trip. Or, I mean, what I would imagine one to be like, psychedelics kinda freak me out. But it sounds like the visuals are gonna be just insane.

That's exactly what they're going for.

Kevin Feige:

With Strange, it is a classic Marvel origin story because he’s got one of the best origins ever. And it’s our opportunity to take that left turn into the supernatural. Now, what is the definition of supernatural? It varies. We like the idea of playing with alternate dimensions. The very sort of crazy – [Steve] Ditko crazy acid trip way of traveling through dimensions and traveling through other realms is something that we think is very, very cool … playing with the perceptions of reality.

tomtom94

Literally the only thing I can see going wrong with Dr. Strange is if the quite big names among the cast have a falling out with Derrickson (who, in the nicest sense, does not have the most complete filmography), because it has all the potential to be fantastic. They're making all the right noises so far.

Literally the only thing I can see going wrong with Dr. Strange is if the quite big names among the cast have a falling out with Derrickson (who, in the nicest sense, does not have the most complete filmography), because it has all the potential to be fantastic. They're making all the right noises so far.

Eh I don't think it's a cause for concern. Look at guys like the Russos and Reed getting great performances out of actors like Robert Redford and Michael Douglas. I have my doubts that big actors like Cumberbatch and Swinton would sign on for these roles if they had reservations about the director choice. They seem to understand that Marvel Studios is a well oiled machine - and Marvel wouldn't pick these people if they weren't team players.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Descritption of Doctor Strange concept art

Once we saw the concept art and a couple of stills of the movie, however, we changed our minds quite quickly. Doctor Strange looks dark. Very dark. As in scraping the edge of ‘horror-movie-dark’ and information imparted about the film from Marvel Studios head, Kevin Feige, supports this appraisal. According to Feige, the film will have a firm footing in the shadowy world of the occult and supernatural. While we’re not expecting it to be a true blue horror film, but if it could provide as many chills as say Constantine (the TV series, NOT the film), then that would be great.

Oh, and Benedict Cumberbatch looks very fetching in his Doctor Strange get-up. Very fetching indeed…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom