• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dai101

Banned
Ugh ...... time to jump ship of this htread. Can't believe all the bullshit being posted by some random who the fuck nows where.

TDLink

http://www.hsx.com/forum/forum.php?id=3&pid=341889

I found this blurb about Thor: Ragnarok:

What the fuck... so cyborg Thor is gonna be a thing in the MCU???

That is wrong. I dunno what hsx.com is but Feige has already said it has to do with Surtur.

Ugh ...... time to jump ship of this htread. Can't believe all the bullshit being posted by some random who the fuck nows where.

I still think this thread is a good source of info (I may be biased though) but I do kinda agree we should consider what the sources on stuff are before we start going "OH MY GOD IS THIS LEGIT?" We can still talk about it, but I'm immediately suspicious of any random site I haven't heard of.

In this instance, like I said, Ragnarok is certainly the event and not the cyborg.

Kevin Feige said Ragnarok means the end of all things, which is what they're focusing on. They're not doing robot Thor clone.

Also, let's keep Latino Review the lowest we stoop when looking for stuff. Random forums aren't sources.

That is wrong. I dunno what hsx.com is but Feige has already said it has to do with Surtur.

When? Where? Don't toy with me. I need Surtur on film almost as much as I need Beta Ray Bill.

It would make sense if they are going to go all out on Thor 3 they might as well go for one of the legendary stories.

TDLink

When? Where? Don't toy with me. I need Surtur on film almost as much as I need Beta Ray Bill.

It would make sense if they are going to go all out on Thor 3 they might as well go for one of the legendary stories.

My bad actually, as Droid pointed out he just said it's "The End of All Things" which is an obvious implication to Surtur. I was taking the statement to its natural conclusion.

It's definitely not Robo Thor though.

My bad actually, as Droid pointed out he just said it's "The End of All Things" which is an obvious implication to Surtur. I was taking the statement to its natural conclusion.

It's definitely not Robo Thor though.
Bah! I need confirmation on Surtur and Bill. They have to know how well loved that story is.

I posted this a while back in the Comics OT, but I think it fits here too. I think the Netflix MCU would be the perfect place to introduce Kate Bishop. Do you guys think we'll see her anytime soon, be it there or elsewhere (possibly AoS)? Obviously Marvel likes the character, as she's has been, and continues to be, a big part of the various Hawkeye series.

Quick

Banned
I posted this a while back in the Comics OT, but I think it fits here too. I think the Netflix MCU would be the perfect place to introduce Kate Bishop. Do you guys think we'll see her anytime soon, be it there or elsewhere (possibly AoS)? Obviously Marvel likes the character, as she's has been, and continues to be, a big part of the various Hawkeye series.

I'm thirsty for an adaptation of Fraction's Hawkeye, and it could still work with Kate Bishop as the sole Hawkeye in the show.

I'm thirsty for an adaptation of Fraction's Hawkeye, and it could still work with Kate Bishop as the sole Hawkeye in the show.

My thought is that you could introduce her in the Netflix part of the MCU, then eventually bring her in to replace Renner when his deal inevitably expires. They already gave Clint the out with his family. Bring Kate in as the confident upstart who the Avengers tag to "replace" him, then have her earn his respect, leading him to retire to his family. I almost think it should be its own Netflix series, but as great as that would be I doubt it would happen.

Among the list of likely fake MCU leaks, here's the supposed cast for the Spider-Man reboot:

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/the-cast-list-for-the-spider-man-reboot-is-ridicul/1100-153054/

4717679-ggttpz1.jpg

histopher

Audience confusion? As much as I'd love to see JK come back, I suspect that they'll want to make sure this is a distinct from previous series as possible.

Bond has gotten away with Judi Dench surviving into the reboot. JK was perfect. They need to keep him :(

danielcw

Bond has gotten away with Judi Dench surviving into the reboot. JK was perfect. They need to keep him :(

The first 4 Bond actors also had the same M and Q. The same Moneypenny also met various Bonds. Q even met 5 Bonds.
But pre-Craig Bond movies never really were a continuity, with some minor exceptions.
And those exceptions actually even went across various Bond actors.

curb

Banned

It's true but Bond already has a history of recasting. I think Marvel is probably approaching this second reboot very carefully. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have JK back but I personally doubt it'll happen.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
So, does anyone think its a accident that Marvel announced a Thunderbolts Classic Complete Collection out of the sudden right after we got the Thunderbolts Netflix Rumor?

Last time this matched, it was with the Secret Warriors / Agents of SHIELD thing.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Also... We have a prominent announcement for a Post-Civil War Reprint...
Fallen Son: Death of Captain America gets a Reprint...

This has not to mean something, since every Civil War Boom gets a reprint, but this one was made pretty prominent... A whole page listening...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom