• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual

Quick

Banned
Slightly off-topic, but I just bought the Bruce Lee shirt that Tony was wearing in Age of Ultron, but in a lighter grey.

fe1c371451e71c6b0e67fbaa6ee0466e.jpg

F4 sounding like a bomb.

Phase 4 sounding Fantastic right about now.

Having Spider-Mana and the Fantastic 4 for Phase 4 would be pretty great for Marvel. It's still a shame that they can't even mention mutants, but getting the Fantastic 4-related characters would be great.

whipihguh

Banned
X-Men is pretty much a lost cause at this point, but if Marvel manages to re-aquire FF rights, That practically gives Marvel all of their other IPs beyond mutants, and that'd be far better than I ever expected them to get back when the MCU began.

Heck, maybe said deal and the inability for Fox to make their own competing MCU without the FF may convince them to work with Marvel to make an A vs. X movie later on down the road.
It'll never happen

I cast heavy doubt on this sites legitimacy.

Hence it's a bit of a headscratcher for me.

Seeing as Natasha is inexplicably on Iron Man sides, despite being a great to Steve Rogers. Course the site mentions a double agents.

But again, still scratching my head.

Yrael

Yeah,
I'd expect Black Widow to be on Captain America's side. Also Scarlet Witch and Vision should be on the same side, right?

Yeah,
I'd expect Black Widow to be on Captain America's side. Also Scarlet Witch and Vision should be on the same side, right?

I would assume yes seeing as
Scarlet Witch and Vision do fall in love and get married at one point in the comic.

Also the fact that in the Civil War comic, Spider-Man is supposed neutral. Granted Black Panther is supposed to be the neutral person, before Marvel Studios and Sony started to work on their deal. So not sure how that will hold up.

TDLink

That site doesn't seem like a great source, and it's made even more dubious by El Mayimbe being the one posting on it.

Also, do we really need to spoiler discussion of unsubstantiated rumours in this thread? Especially when the topic is marked as having spoilers anyways (which these aren't)?

Quick

Banned
That site doesn't seem like a great source, and it's made even more dubious by El Mayimbe being the one posting on it.

Also, do we really need to spoiler discussion of unsubstantiated rumours in this thread? Especially when the topic is marked as having spoilers anyways (which these aren't)?

Thanos might come up in a spoiler.

Thanos is the spoiler.

Had a dream last night.

So it's the end of Infinity War Part One. Cap's team are losing. Thanos has sent his lackeys to finish the job, including a revived and empowered Red Skull. The victorious Nazi stands over a defeated Cap (or even
Bucky Cap
, ready to take the final blow. All seems lost when...

*snikt*

A trio of claws skewers Skull.

"No dice Bub..."

/fanboy fantasy.

kurahador

If Fox willing to part F4 in exchange for X-Men tv rights, it pretty much means they wanted to damage the IP by screwing with Fan4stic in the first place.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
People think companies act like schoolyard kids and care about petty squabbles.
Well, in a slight defense of that line of thinking, Marvel Comics sort of has been. They've been doing all sorts of things to dampen their X-Men and Fantastic Four properties in the books.

That being said, Fox wouldn't have spent $120 million on a film just to damage the IP.

All of them?
I think so. I think the only shared rights are The Hulk and Namor(?) with Universal, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver with Fox, and Spider-Man with Sony. And then of course whatever Fox has entire control over movie-wise.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Until there's stronger reason to believe otherwise, I still think there's just too much bad blood between Fox and Marvel for the former to give/sell the rights back.

Heck, it's even possible that Fox could retain the rights by doing something different with FF characters, like a Silver Surfer movie, instead of another reboot. (Though it's also possible that the contract specifically requires an FF film centered around the traditional lineup to retain the rights, I suppose.)

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I'm still stuck on this supposed "survey" that was allegedly handed out. Why would they do that? I'm calling BS on that until a legitimate source provides pics or something.

danielcw

Thanks for the answers :)

Well, in a slight defense of that line of thinking, Marvel Comics sort of has been. They've been doing all sorts of things to dampen their X-Men and Fantastic Four properties in the books.
But that could at least make some business sense, if the books are not selling well right now anyway, and Marvel thinks that they could make more money by getting the rights back.

Until there's stronger reason to believe otherwise, I still think there's just too much bad blood between Fox and Marvel for the former to give/sell the rights back.

Heck, it's even possible that Fox could retain the rights by doing something different with FF characters, like a Silver Surfer movie, instead of another reboot. (Though it's also possible that the contract specifically requires an FF film centered around the traditional lineup to retain the rights, I suppose.)

If Disney offers $250M in a month's time, believe me, Fox will bite. That way it won't have to face the wrath of angry shareholders when it inevitably bombs.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Thanks for the answers :)

But that could at least make some business sense, if the books are not selling well right now anyway, and Marvel thinks that they could make more money by getting the rights back.
I mean, I stopped reading comics years ago because I just got too busy and had to spend money on other things. That being said, in my slim observations since I quit, it seems like they've altered their entire X-Men line to gear more toward Avengers. I really doubt sales warranted that, but I genuinely don't know.

If Disney offers $250M in a month's time, believe me, Fox will bite. That way it won't have to face the wrath of angry shareholders when it inevitably bombs.

When a non-fansite (Variety, THR, TheWrap, Deadline) reports that it's a serious possibility, I'll believe it's a serious possibility.

Until then, it smacks of wishful thinking.

It's official....Fant4stic bombed. Didn't even crack 30 mil.

“This turned into a nightmare for Fox,” said Jeff Bock, an analyst with Exhibitor Relations. “Everything that could go wrong went wrong and the whole thing fell apart.”

“Fantastic Four’s” opening is well below the $40 million-plus debut that most analysts had projected and trails the $56 million launch of 2005’s “Fantastic Four” and the $58 million bow of 2007’s “Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer.” It’s the worst opening for a movie featuring Marvel Comics’ characters since “Ghost Rider: The Spirit of Vengeance” debuted to $22.1 million in 2012. A C- CinemaScore means that word-of-mouth is going to be toxic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom