• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

curb

Banned
This is my new favorite set photo

GowTQuB.jpg

Pachimari

Isn't Chadwick lower than Chris Evans and most of the guys from the Avengers? I think he is gonna look closer to skinny than the big king of a panther he can be.

Isn't Chadwick lower than Chris Evans and most of the guys from the Avengers? I think he is gonna look closer to skinny than the big king of a panther he can be.

Boseman and Evans are both the same height 183cm/6"0.

The person in the set photo is a stuntman.

His platforms are fabulous. I'm always surprised how much shorter he is than much of the other cast.

Edit: found an example:

For lulz:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/ggggenji/7-photos-of-tom-cruise-pretending-to-be-taller-tha-9mo9

Ah, the magic of the movies.

jmood88

What does lower mean in this context? And have you seen Chadwick Boseman? He isn't small or skinny at all.

Pachimari

What does lower mean in this context? And have you seen Chadwick Boseman? He isn't small or skinny at all.
I only slightly remember him from the Civil War presentation on stage but I see he is just as tall as the others which is great.

I'm actually excited to see his talent in some of his movies. I know I got the one titled Get On Up, maybe I should watch that one.

I just want Black Panther to be a big presence when he's finally on screen. And be this big king of a country that you don't mess with.

I feel like Ms. Marvel would be a better fit for Netflix. Plus you can't have her until Captain Marvel is established.

I kind of agree with this. She needs to be a sort-of lighthearted series with Jersey City as the other star of the show (like Hell's Kitchen is for DD and JJ).

jph139

The biggest issue with a Ms. Marvel TV show is that her powers really need a high budget to look good. Stretchy/growy stuff looks like shit if you cheap out.

Tonally and story-wise, though, yeah, she's begging for a TV show. If we can't get a Spider-Man series she's the next best thing.

curb

Banned
I feel like Ms. Marvel would be a better fit for Netflix. Plus you can't have her until Captain Marvel is established.

Well, it's the MCU. You need Captain Marvel to be established just as much as you need Hank Pym to create Ultron. There's always ways around the comic setup if there's money to be made sooner.

That being said, I don't want a Ms. Marvel who doesn't idolize Carol.

jph139

Man, I don't know what you guys are smoking - Aubrey Plaza would be a terrible Kate. They're both "negative" types, per se, but in completely different ways; Plaza's low-key monotone doesn't match up at all.

Pachimari

That's what I'm saying. Maybe a first look at Spidey in the Cap movie, a teaser of him and Black Panther in the Civil War teaser trailer or something.

I need a legit Spidey costume photo so the bullshit Reddit leaks can stop (for that particular topic anyways). Anything else is a bonus.

Something I asked in the D23 thread which didn't get answered; This is the first time I've followed it. I've read they're strict on recording in the actual conference, but what are they like uploading trailers/pictures afterwards? Is it the silly Comic-Con "only for attendees" policy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom