• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogan

Banned
His GOTG score was good. I'm happy to see some consistency with composers within the MCU.

The Avengers had a great main theme. Watched Age of Ultron twice and heard the main theme 2 times, but not in major scene's.

I don't understand why they didn't use it more, or in bigger scene's.

Just like the opening song from Bad Boys, never heard it in Bad Boys 2.

curb

Banned
The Avengers had a great main theme. Watched Age of Ultron twice and heard the main theme 2 times, but not in major scene's.

I don't understand why they didn't use it more, or in bigger scene's.

Just like the opening song from Bad Boys, never heard it in Bad Boys 2.

I don't understand why there isn't more musical continuity within the films - particularly Avengers. Ultron had a brief callback to both Tony's theme from Iron Man 3 and Cap's theme from First Avenger but they're both so brief.

Like I can see the appeal of Agents, Carter, this new one; regular (well not really) people living in the Marvel Universe. But with so many iconic Marvel characters not touched by film or TV yet, it just seems a waste.

Pachimari

Instead of being a show about Mockingbird and Hunter, they should have produced one about the civilians of New York City. Show how all of the destruction and superheroes affect them, because that is something the MCU sorely needs.

They should literally do what DC is planning to do with their civilian TV show.

[edit]
Ok, so I'm on vacation here in Sweden and I found a store with lots of official Marvel merchandise. I ended up buying my first product, which was a Punisher t-shirt! So awesome.

They also have a cap with the Marvel logo and a hoodie with Captain America's shield but with a kind of dusted off effect - really cool.

This is as good a place as any since we don't have a Marvel TV super topic.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/alfre-woodard-joins-marvels-luke-cage-netflix-series

"State of Affairs" star Alfre Woodward will star alongside Mike Colter in "Luke Cage" as Minetta, who will be a lead character in the series.

According to Deadline, Woodward's character Minetta is "a powerful woman in local politics who will have an impact on Luke Cage’s life." Though no further details have been provided about the role, the announcement speculates that Woodward's character will be Black Mariah, a frequent antagonist for both Cage and iron Fist in the comics.

LaNaranja

I don't understand why there isn't more musical continuity within the films - particularly Avengers. Ultron had a brief callback to both Tony's theme from Iron Man 3 and Cap's theme from First Avenger but they're both so brief.

I am pretty sure we got the Dark World theme for Thor at one point too. The Iron Man 3 theme is pretty great though, I hope we hear more of it in Civil War.

curb

Banned
I am pretty sure we got the Dark World theme for Thor at one point too. The Iron Man 3 theme is pretty great though, I hope we hear more of it in Civil War.

I expected to hear a Thor theme too but have even after hours of listening to the AoU soundtrack, I haven't been able to pick it out. Not saying I don't believe you or anything, I just haven't picked it out.

I agree, I hope there's more of the themes referenced in Civil War. I really like Ant-Man's theme so hopefully it can be worked in somewhere too.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
That unit ends up being Ultron-15, the one that just lays back, wearing a trenchcoat and fedora, listening to the blues.

Believe.

mreddie

CM_NZJjUcAEQbJE.jpg

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Finally got around to listen to the Empire Marvel Spoilercasts. They are quite a good addition to the Movies, you should give them a try when you are obsessed with Marvel Movies^^

danielcw

Finally got around to listen to the Empire Marvel Spoilercasts. They are quite a good addition to the Movies, you should give them a try when you are obsessed with Marvel Movies^^

In only listened to the one with Whedon for Ultron and the one fro Ant-Man.
Are there more? Is there a playlist?

So, for the 2016 MCU TV/Movie season, we have the first 10 episodes of Agents of Shield Season 3, followed by 13 one-lump-sum episodes of Jessica Jones Season 1, then 10 episodes of Agent Carter Season 2, followed by another 13 one-lump-sum episodes of Dare Devil Season 2, followed by the rest of the 12 episodes of Agents of Shield including a Captain America - Civil War Movie, and then in the summer, Most Wanted.

That's like an episode of MCU every week.

jph139

As much as I liked Daredevil, I'm kinda sad they opted for a season two instead of moving the Defenders along.

Surprisingly enough I don't think it's slowing down the Defenders at all. Pretty sure we're still on track for Luke Cage in the first half of 2016. Iron Fist is probably the bigger holdup there.

curb

Banned
Surprisingly enough I don't think it's slowing down the Defenders at all. Pretty sure we're still on track for Luke Cage in the first half of 2016. Iron Fist is probably the bigger holdup there.

Maybe I assumed but I was always under the impression that it was the four individual seasons leading to Defenders. I thought season two of DD happened this early due to the great response it got.

Dysun

That's not how TV shows work, the actors need to be kept busy. Can't leave the cast hanging for 2.5 years and expect to pick up when the other shows are done

Quick

Banned
Captain America will keep Henry Jackman.
I wonder if Bryan Tyler will be kept around for Thor or Avengers.

I know. I'm just saying that it's good to see the consistency in composers.

I'm still hoping for a return for Patrick Doyle for Ragnarok. His Thor score was amazing. But Bryan Tyler definitely wasn't a slouch in comparison.

curb

Banned
That's not how TV shows work, the actors need to be kept busy. Can't leave the cast hanging for 2.5 years and expect to pick up when the other shows are done

From the initial press release

Led by a series focused on "Daredevil," followed by "Jessica Jones," "Iron Fist" and "Luke Cage," the epic will unfold over multiple years of original programming, taking Netflix members deep into the gritty world of heroes and villains of Hell's Kitchen, New York. Netflix has committed to a minimum of four, thirteen episodes series and a culminating Marvel's "The Defenders" mini-series event that reimagines a dream team of self-sacrificing, heroic characters.

That's where I got it from. It initially sounded like four series and then Defenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom