• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

curb

Banned
Dr. Strange is possible (I'm thinking a costume). But Captain Marvel is like 3 years away. People need to realise that they won't market things that far in advance. The film doesn't even have a director yet.

There's always a possibility that Captain Marvel could show up somewhere before her solo movie. It's not impossible that they announce her casting soon. I'm not counting on it though.

I'm thinking a Civil War teaser trailer with a 1-second glimpse of Spidey, and concept art of Dr Strange's costume.
I need a 30 second clip of a brow-beaten Stark at a press conference regretfully announcing his leading the hunt to bring Captain America to justice. I need it.
There's always a possibility that Captain Marvel could show up somewhere before her solo movie. It's not impossible that they announce her casting soon. I'm not counting on it though.

That's true, and lest we forget, she was nearly in Age of Ultron's ending alongside Spiderman. I remember reading somewhere that the animation done for her was used on Scarlett Witch instead.

That's a safe bet. Dr Strange is most likely (lord I hope it's not Rachel McAdams). Maybe even T3: Ragnarok

curb

Banned
I really don't give a damn about yet another Spider-Man outfit and I hope it's not a focus of the stuff they show.

I feel as though the ASM2 Spidey suit is about as good as it can get. If the new one is at least that good then that's all they need. No ASM1 type funny business and we're good.

Anth0ny

It's looking like f4 won't even make back its budget at the box office. Shit is bombing like a mother fucker. Makes the other two f4 films from the 2000s look like megahit blockbusters in comparison.

Not to mention the fact that we're in a fucking superhero movie golden age right now. God what a flop. Can't wait for marvel to get their property back and fix this shit.

It's looking like f4 won't even make back its budget at the box office. Shit is bombing like a mother fucker. Makes the other two f4 films from the 2000s look like megahit blockbusters in comparison.

Not to mention the fact that we're in a fucking superhero movie golden age right now. God what a flop. Can't wait for marvel to get their property back and fix this shit.
Applying the magic formula (TWBOG/2)-144= MEGA BOMBA. look luck finding investors for your next non-X men superhero flick, Fox.

how long until the Marvel D23 shit starts?

spiderman-i-want-pictures-pictures-of-spiderman.jpg

Fricking 'A.

Pachimari

No Spider-Man, but they did show a quick glimpse of Black Panther, Vision in a tuxedo and Falcon's Redwing flying under a van. And the fight between Cap and Crossbones, Hawkeye vs Black Widow, Ant-Man meeting Cap for the first time, Bucky remembering Steve etc.

Wish we would get to see this. Dr. Strange concept as well. :(

The Deadline description of the Doctor Strange concept art makes it sound like the greatest film ever.

"Filming on Doctor Strange doesn’t begin until November, so instead we’re getting a very early concept art. Even so it’s kind of great and makes Doctor Strange look like a cross between Inception and Krull. "

No Spidey suit reveal? Fuck. It's gonna leak at some point. I was hoping Marvel would get out in front of it for once but unless they're shooting Spidey all on green screen in some hyper secret facility, I just know our first look will be a leak. Damn.

Snow

This tells me that someone was recording that damn event. What the hell do they gain by not releasing the footage? Did Suicide Squad lose anything by releasing the Comic Con footage?
It looks like the people recording it (screenslam) are a professional outfit, so what they gain is probably not being barred from any future Disney event.

But I guess maybe you're asking why Disney wouldn't release the trailer now? I would say they want their marketing to work so that awareness peaks among the general populace at release, not before and not after. Releasing now probably doesn't fit into their marketing schedule. And they really don't lose that much; the number of people who would go out and read liveblogs and be aware of the con showing of footage and be annoyed are probably a tiny fraction of the millions they want to get into theaters. And even if a potato cam version gets leaked of a trailer, that's probably an even tinier fraction of people who seek stuff like that out.

On the other hand, if they release a trailer properly it will be seen by millions. And I guess the thinking is that if you do that too early people are going to either forget or feel over-saturated if you keep up the trailer releases over a prolonged period of time.

WB's marketing schedule probably is a bit different because they have to build up awareness starting from a movie that is several years old, where Marvel has been steadily releasing movies and tv shows through the year. They decided to release something for BvS in April, so releasing the SDCC trailers feels like it fits for the marketing schedule they've probably plotted out.

FeD.nL

It looks like the people recording it (screenslam) are a professional outfit, so what they gain is probably not being barred from any future Disney event.

But I guess maybe you're asking why Disney wouldn't release the trailer now? I would say they want their marketing to work so that awareness peaks among the general populace at release, not before and not after. Releasing now probably doesn't fit into their marketing schedule. And they really don't lose that much; the number of people who would go out and read liveblogs and be aware of the con showing of footage and be annoyed are probably a tiny fraction of the millions they want to get into theaters. And even if a potato cam version gets leaked of a trailer, that's probably an even tinier fraction of people who seek stuff like that out.

On the other hand, if they release a trailer properly it will be seen by millions. And I guess the thinking is that if you do that too early people are going to either forget or feel over-saturated if you keep up the trailer releases over a prolonged period of time.

WB's marketing schedule probably is a bit different because they have to build up awareness starting from a movie that is several years old, where Marvel has been steadily releasing movies and tv shows through the year. They decided to release something for BvS in April, so releasing the SDCC trailers feels like it fits for the marketing schedule they've probably plotted out.

I still have hope that we're going to get a dedicated MCU event (that is livestreamed for everyone) somewhere in October where they'll show off Spidey and the first trailer for Civil War and Dr. Strange.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I still have hope that we're going to get a dedicated MCU event (that is livestreamed for everyone) somewhere in October where they'll show off Spidey and the first trailer for Civil War and Dr. Strange.

Dr. Strange wont start filming until November.

FeD.nL

Dr. Strange wont start filming until November.

Oh sorry, I meant more like the teaser they showed for Infinity War last year for dr. Strange. I mean they should have some test footage of Benedict in the costume, spice it up a bit with some effects and the crowd will probably love it.

Anth0ny

do we know if the october event for Marvel will be an annual thing or was that just a one off last year to announce the phase 3 schedule?

Neoxon

Guardians of the Galaxy actually got one kid with dyspraxia to finally speak.
Josh Dunlap said:
Hi James...This is in response to your recent post about Guardians being released a year ago and the effect it has had on my son. My son is four years old and has a condition known as dyspraxia, which not only interferes with motor skills but speech as well. When Guardians came out Sawyer could only say about three words and would communicate to his mother and I by other means. When he saw Groot, something clicked inside him and he connected with him on a level I haven't seen. He began to mimic him and he would use the word "Bah" for a lot, but after he saw the film, he would change the tone in which he said it to convey a different meaning. He would also start saying Groot for many things as well. Since that, he was finally able to go to a speech class and it has helped amazingly. I just wanted to thank you though, for a script and movie that was written so well that a four year old, three at that time, could connect with someone who had the same language barrier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom