• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jph139

A) He asked for the money up front. B) The job's not done and he's continuing to hunt down T'Chaka throughout Civil War and Black Panther.

The Intelligencia bit is a lot more interesting.

AMUSIX

Okay, I take it the shirts aren't cool. I'll save my money then. :)

Just saw the hoodie...the star's all wonky, screams "attempt at getting around the license"...and, even if it were correct, it's a bit too blatant. I'm more of a fan of slightly more subtle designs...like this:
YdzqZDc.jpg

or even this:
OprZSnXm.jpg

Though, if we're talking about shirt designs, hard to knock coulson's choices:
cnxEJZ6.jpg
p9KeUUyl.jpg

In fact, the Uh Oh 8 4 one is cracking me up enough that I might buy it....

Just saw the hoodie...the star's all wonky, screams "attempt at getting around the license"...and, even if it were correct, it's a bit too blatant. I'm more of a fan of slightly more subtle designs...like this:
YdzqZDc.jpg

or even this:
OprZSnXm.jpg

Though, if we're talking about shirt designs, hard to knock coulson's choices:
cnxEJZ6.jpg
p9KeUUyl.jpg

In fact, the Uh Oh 8 4 one is cracking me up enough that I might buy it....

Does anyone where them shirts are from?

Pachimari

Just saw the hoodie...the star's all wonky, screams "attempt at getting around the license"...and, even if it were correct, it's a bit too blatant. I'm more of a fan of slightly more subtle designs...
I don't like those shirts. Coulson's are cool though.

The Captain America hoodie is an officially licensed product though.

I also think I'm gonna return my Punisher T-shirt tomorrow.

danielcw

The Next Blade Film Will Be Based On Marvel’s New Female Blade

Normally, I'd be wary of keeping Wesley Snipes as Blade in a future film, but if he's playing a supporting role to his daughter, I'd be all for it.

I call bullshit on the rumor. I'll go as far as say Blade won't make it into the MCU. There's a pretty good chance Phase 4 will be mostly set in space, especially if Disney get the F4 rights. Netflix on the other hand I'd believe.

SoilBreak

Banned
Doctor Strange’ Eyes ‘Hannibal’ Star Mads Mikkelsen to Play Villain

“Hannibal” star Mads Mikkelsen is in early talks to play one of the villains in Marvel’s “Doctor Strange” opposite Benedict Cumberbatch, Variety has learned exclusively. While sources say no offer has been delivered, one is expected shortly. Marvel had no comment on Mikkelsen’s involvement.

Tilda Swinton and Chiwetel Ejiofor are on board to co-star. Scott Derrickson is directing the comic book movie from a script by Jon Spaihts. Marvel’s Kevin Feige will produce.

Cumberbatch will play Stephen Vincent Strange, a former neurosurgeon who becomes the next Sorcerer Supreme and primary protector of Earth against magical and mystical threats. Marvel Comics artist Steve Ditko created the character in 1963. Swinton will play Strange’s mentor, The Ancient One, while Ejiofor will appear as Baron Mordo, who also studies magic under The Ancient One in the comic books, before becoming Doctor Strange’s nemesis.

Mikkelsen’s exact role remains under wraps, but sources say he will be another antagonist to Cumberbatch’s titular sorcerer.

“Doctor Strange” will debut on Nov. 4, 2016 with production set to start late this year.

Marvel has been interested in Mikkelsen for some time, at one point courting him for the villainous Malekith in “Thor: The Dark World,” until Mikkelsen won the role of the titular cannibal in NBC’s “Hannibal” and was no longer available. The Malekith role eventually went to Christopher Eccleston.

If accepted, this would be Mikkelsen’s second high-profile role in the wake of “Hannibal’s” cancellation — he’ll also appear in “Star Wars: Rogue One,” which will hit theaters on December 16, 2016. He is repped by UTA and Art Management.

jph139

Mads as Dormammu (since we've already got Mordo, right?) is the casting dreams are made of. Fingers crossed this one pans out!

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!

Damn it, I just found out and rushed over here to post about it!

Anyway, here's the eponymous image rehosted:

Team Tony: Iron Man, War Machine, The Vision, Black Widow, Black Panther
Team Cap: Cap, Winter Soldier, Hawkeye, Ant-Man, Falcon, Sharon Carter (!)

awww yiss, we're getting that sweet Black Widow-Hawkeye drama I was hoping for

jph139

Yeah, I first saw Thor and The First Avengers via Netflix.

I remember Disney and Netflix making a big deal a while back - looks like that's finally paying off. Definitely going to give it a rewatch or two!

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
No other site seems to be confirming this, so I'll just assume they got confused with the digital release which is on the 8th.
They have some other strange stuff too like Hemlock Grove S3 (which will release in October) and Pitch Perfect 2, no way that is hitting Netflix this soon.

Avengers 1 is on Netflix, if I recall correctly. So were the other Phase 1 movies (for a while).
Not in the US, it was removed a while ago. It is available in other regions however.

Yeah, I first saw Thor and The First Avengers via Netflix.

I remember Disney and Netflix making a big deal a while back - looks like that's finally paying off. Definitely going to give it a rewatch or two!
That deal comes into effect next year, so the first MCU movies that'll make use of it will be Civil War and Doctor Strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom