• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah now I remember about the deal.

Damn can't believe we still got to wait until 2016, though it shouldn't really take that long since we are almost entering Q4 of 2015.

I mostly want the Pixar films to return in the streaming line up, as well as the Marvel films of course.

And Tangled.

Quick

Banned
Already posted? "Thinks for thanking of me."

11953337_1194805910535979_2745903027538549885_o.jpg

Picked it up from the "Marvel Cinematic Universe" Facebook community.

Hex

Banned
Watching Captain America, I am a bit disappointed that they wasted Natalie Dormer in such a bit part. She could have come in great later as other roles.
Even Doctor Who's Jenna Coleman was in it as a tiny part.

Watching Captain America, I am a bit disappointed that they wasted Natalie Dormer in such a bit part. She could have come in great later as other roles.
Cap was filmed 5 years ago, which I'm pretty sure is before they got roles on the shows they're recognised for.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs

It's eventually revealed that Dormer is really the Enchantress and was just fucking with Cap in the 1940s.

Jonogunn

They could still use Dormer I think. She role was so small anyways. Just like that cop in Avengers who was reused and casted as a main character in Agent Carter.

They could still use Dormer I think. She role was so small anyways. Just like that cop in Avengers who was reused and casted as a main character in Agent Carter.

Was going to mention this. They're not against reusing actors as long as their previous role was small enough.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Avengers 1 is on Netflix, if I recall correctly. So were the other Phase 1 movies (for a while).

Yeah, I first saw Thor and The First Avengers via Netflix.

I remember Disney and Netflix making a big deal a while back - looks like that's finally paying off. Definitely going to give it a rewatch or two!

Every time I've tried to search for a Marvel movie on my U.S. Netflix over the last three years, there's been nothing. Not like I'm searching every day or something, but y'know, once in a while I'll give it a try and I've never seen one. Just some of the animated movies.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Every time I've tried to search for a Marvel movie on my U.S. Netflix over the last three years, there's been nothing. Not like I'm searching every day or something, but y'know, once in a while I'll give it a try and I've never seen one. Just some of the animated movies.
Netflix US currently has 0 MCU movies, but it does have both seasons of AoS and Daredevil, and it did have several of Phase 1 movies available at some point.
For reference, here is a breakdown of current Netflix availability:

Phase 1
  • Iron Man - Americas except US; DK, FI, NO, SE
  • Hulk - Americas except US and CA; AT, CH, DE, LU
  • Iron Man 2 - Americas except US and CA; DK, FI, IE, NO, SE, UK
  • Thor - AR, AT, BR, CH, DE, DK, FI, IE, MX, NO, SE, UK
  • First Avenger - Americas except US and CA; AT, CH, DE, DK, FI, IE, LU, NO, SE, UK
  • Avengers - BE, CH, FR, LU
Phase 2
  • Iron Man 3 - IE, UK
  • The Dark World - AT, DE, DK, FI, LU, NO, SE
  • Winter Soldier - AU, NL
  • GotG - AU, BE, NL
  • AoS S1 - Americas except CA
  • AoS S2 - US
  • Agent Carter - DK, FI, NO, SE
  • Daredevil - Everywhere
No single region has everything, but there is nothing missing, so one could watch all of it as long as as said person has access to a region switcher.

German Netflix has the complete Phase I. But those were distributed by Paramount and may disappear soon.
At this point, the only movie Disney doesn't have the distribution rights is TIH which are owned by Universal.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
No it doesn't. German Netflix has none of the Iron Man movies. German Netflix currently has:
  • Hulk
  • Thor
  • Captain America
  • Avengers
  • Thor 2
  • Daredevil
My bad. Sorry. Argh.

This is nost likely because Iron Mn movies are published by Concorde and they made a deal with Amazon Prime.

Are you talking about Hulk or Incredible Hulk?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
OK, since Hulk is published by Concorde, too, my theorie is bullshit.

Edit: And its just IM3 that is on Prime. Hm, so I better shut up, I am just talking shit :D

danielcw

At this point, the only movie Disney doesn't have the distribution rights is TIH which are owned by Universal.

That's for the U.S..
In other countries the situation is different, which is one reason, why I do not believe that Universal is a problem for getting a new Hulk movie.

For example in Germany it is like this:

Concorde: Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3
Paramount: Thor, Captain America TFA
Buena Vista (Disney): Avengers and everything from Thor Dark KingdomWorld onwards

The DVDs for Thor and Cap 1 seem to be sold by Disney now, but TV deals from Paramount seem to still be active.

If you want to get Universal into the Mix, Agent Carter is licensed by Universal for exclusive Pay-TV over here

As one can see, the situation is quite complex.

Following what is being called "frustration" on the part of Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige, Marvel's film unit will now fall under the purview of Disney and studio chief Alan Horn, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Previously, Marvel Studios remained under the often scrutinized thumb of Marvel Entertainment CEO Ike Perlmutter.

Largely credited with turning Disney into a Hollywood powerhouse, the move should allow Feige more creative freedom and support as Marvel moves into its Phase Three slate of films.

Thank goodness. Perlmutter is the worst part of Marvel.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/marvel-studios-feige-no-longer-under-perlmutters-purview

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
From that Hollywood Reporter story:

Hollywood Reporter said:
Jeph Loeb, head of Marvel Television, continues to report to Perlmutter, who will maintain oversight of Marvel's TV group, publishing, animation and other New York-based operations.

So I take it that the TV division will drift even farther apart from the film division?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Has the MCU a number? Like Earth 616 or 1606 or something like this?

From that Hollywood Reporter story:

So I take it that the TV division will drift even farther apart from the film division?
They wont. People watch the shows primary because #itsallconnected. Everything will stay the sams.

And who cares about the cartoons when you are just care for the MCU

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Has the MCU a number? Like Earth 616 or 1606 or something like this?

Earth-199999

They wont. People watch the shows primary because #itsallconnected. Everything will stay the sams.

And who cares about the cartoons when you are just care for the MCU

They already have an adversarial relationship, with the film division looking down on the TV side and refusing to do anything to accommodate them.

Kalentan

I see no reason why they can't have her in another role...

After all:

Avengers Officer Saunders:

Agent Carter - Daniel Sousa
landscape_xlarge.jpg

I'm surprised Australia isn't brought up more when it comes to massive productions.

And my first thought was also about how long we'd wait before some Captain Marvel casting news.
The Australian dollar has devalued signifanctly against the U.S. Dollar in the last 5 months hence the renewed interest to move production back to Australia.

AMUSIX

I feel like the MCU suffers from the whole "You're only as good as your last work" in the public's eye. The excitement for Marvel movies dipped after Iron Man 2, Thor2, and Ultron, but then boosted after Avengers, Winter Soldier, and now Ant-Man. It's to be expected, of course, but I think people's interest is based more on whatever movie they saw last, versus the general output.

I guess I'm more of a batting average type of person. If Cabrera strikes out a few times, I don't think anyone is going to claim he sucks, because he'll still have over a .350.

Oh, and this was originally in response to something in the Ultron thread, but it seemed like it belonged here more.

Also, I've been cracking up over this image, and I suddenly want Doctor Strange to be a parody film, just so we can have Dormammu say that line:
a1acWS8.jpg

I feel like the MCU suffers from the whole "You're only as good as your last work" in the public's eye. The excitement for Marvel movies dipped after Iron Man 2, Thor2, and Ultron, but then boosted after Avengers, Winter Soldier, and now Ant-Man. It's to be expected, of course, but I think people's interest is based more on whatever movie they saw last, versus the general output.

I guess I'm more of a batting average type of person. If Cabrera strikes out a few times, I don't think anyone is going to claim he sucks, because he'll still have over a .350.

Oh, and this was originally in response to something in the Ultron thread, but it seemed like it belonged here more.

Also, I've been cracking up over this image, and I suddenly want Doctor Strange to be a parody film, just so we can have Dormammu say that line:
a1acWS8.jpg
My interest rose after AoU but does after Ant Man. Still, I can't wait for Civil War to finally see Black Panther.

E the Shaggy

The Hulk was cut from Civil War because "Marvel has something much bigger planned for him":

Ruffalo: Because it's still missing is not known where. I thought that I would be in the film, but in the end evidently believe that reveal what happened Hulk is something too big, and Marvel wants to use this information later. My character had been inserted in the script, but then it was taken away. Who knows, maybe Hulk will never return. However, they want to keep the revelation of what happened a secret, because it is something really big.

http://comicbook.com/2015/09/03/mark-ruffalo-says-hulk-was-cut-from-captain-america-civil-war-be/

Plant Hulk dammit!

curb

Banned
Obviously they can't really crank out movies any faster than they already are but the wait for Infinity War
and Captain Marvel
seems almost painful at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom