• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

to me by far the most painful wait is for spider-man

and by extension, spider-man's appearance in civil war

god damn I love me some spidey

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet... in HD:

NAh6jFz.jpg

Look glorious!

Civil War, Doctor Strange and Black Panther are the films I'm most hyped for. Lucky for me they're just next year.

I'm glad that we are going to get two or more marvel movies per years because they are going to be amazing. (hopefully)

curb

Banned

I love Spidey too but he's a known quantity to me. We've had some good Spider-Man movies already so while I'm looking forward to his entry into the MCU, there's other flicks that I'm more excited for.

AMUSIX

If, for some reason, by the end of Phase 3, the Marvel movies just don't have any more draw, and all we get is up to the end of Infinity War, I think I'd still be satisfied with the MCU. Sure, there's a lot more I'd like, but it wouldn't feel cut off the way Spectacular Spiderman or Avengers: EMH does to me.

That said, bring on Dr. Strange, Ragnarok, and Captain Marvel!

If, for some reason, by the end of Phase 3, the Marvel movies just don't have any more draw, and all we get is up to the end of Infinity War, I think I'd still be satisfied with the MCU. Sure, there's a lot more I'd like, but it wouldn't feel cut off the way Spectacular Spiderman or Avengers: EMH does to me.

That said, bring on Dr. Strange, Ragnarok, and Captain Marvel!
If it's the end of the MCU, I kinda wouldn't mind because that would mean everyone can have a bit if a breather regarding superhero films. What I'd do is bring back films to one per year and let directors have a lot of creative control. Bring in experimental superhero stuff.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I guess the MCU doesn't like Cleveland anymore =(

We only gave them two of their biggest successes in Avengers 1 and Captain America TWS

You somehow managed to post my exact thoughts, I'm glad so many lesser known characters are getting films, but Spidey is my all time fave.

God, imagine all the potential villains they can use, it's insanely exciting, shame Sony has kinda soured audiences on Electro, Lizard and Rhino

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet... in HD:

NAh6jFz.jpg
Finally a clean image, looking hawt.
Is this from that "Infinity Six" featurette in AoU?

I love Spidey too but he's a known quantity to me. We've had some good Spider-Man movies already so while I'm looking forward to his entry into the MCU, there's other flicks that I'm more excited for.
Yup, this is also the reason I'm pissed off they moved pretty much everything so his film could fit in the schedule.

Busaiku

So I watched Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., but there's some stuff still disappointing me.
I figured the people that jump, swing, and climbs walls (since this was pre-Spider-Man) would be in that, but still nothing!

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
So I watched Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., but there's some stuff still disappointing me.
I figured the people that jump, swing, and climbs walls (since this was pre-Spider-Man) would be in that, but still nothing!
You finished season two?

Squire

Banned

I just caught up on that, myself! I liked season 2 a lot. It's definitely an Inhumans show at this point. At least for now.

It'll be interesting to see how it changes or maintains that as we get closer to the film, but I imagine it'll be on a different path altogether, if its even still airing at that point.

Neoxon

I'm interested in seeing, how the movies will tackle the whole widespread pills of terrigen, that came out of the Agents of Shield show.

This is my biggest wish.
If I recall, Kevin Feige said that we'd see a point of crossover with the TV shows in the movies sooner rather than later (correct me if I'm wrong). While I would think that the Inhumans movie would mostly be in Attilan, I'm sure they'll at least acknowledge the fish oil pills causing Inhumans to become widespread & the diluting of the privilege of taking in the Mist (something that's being touched on in AoS via Lash).

Squire

Banned
If I recall, Kevin Feige said that we'd see a point of crossover with the TV shows in the movies sooner rather than later (correct me if I'm wrong). While I would think that the Inhumans movie would mostly be in Attilan, I'm sure they'll at least acknowledge the fish oil pills causing Inhumans to become widespread & the diluting of the privilege of taking in the Mist (something that's being touched on in AoS via Lash).

I'm starting if more characters will be introduced in movies that aren't their own like BP in Civil War.

Because based on its current trajectory, AoS will be done with Inhumans by the time that film comes to fruition.

Perhaps Black Bolt or Medusa will appear in another film prior. I have a feeling Carol will be in something before Captain Marvel, too.

Neoxon

I just want the movies to acknowledge that the TV shows exist. Hopefully what Kevin has said will turn out true, and soon.
I feel like Infinity War & Inhumans would be the best opportunities to acknowledge the TV shows (Infinity War for both the Defenders & AoS, and Inhumans for just AoS). Who knows, we may get a Daredevil shout-out in Civil War, seeing as he's the only hero in the MCU besides Spider-Man with a secret identity.

So I'm guessing soul in Dr. Strange and maybe Guardians 2 for time?

Nah I don't think Gunn wants to dedicate his sequel to another set up for the Infinity Stones plot. He already said Thanos wasn't part of his script when he was working on it and he is pretty much doing his own original story.

Showaddy

Nah I don't think Gunn wants to dedicate his sequel to another set up for the Infinity Stones plot. He already said Thanos wasn't part of his script when he was working on it and he is pretty much doing his own original story.

I seem to remember him saying recently that there'd be an Infinity Stone involved even without Thanos. I mean just have Adam Warlock turn up and that's the Soul Stone right there.

True, Warlock is the easiest way to introduce that Stone. If he does happen in GOTG2 and not IW1, I hope it doesn't take too much focus away from other things they could do in a GOTG sequel.

True, Warlock is the easiest way to introduce that Stone. If he does happen in GOTG2 and not IW1, I hope it doesn't take too much focus away from other things they could do in a GOTG sequel.

I'm worried that Vision is going to take Warlock's place in Infinity War, with him having one of the stones and all. I hope I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom