• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
guidebook-to-the-marvel-cinematic-universe-iron-man-cover-150721.jpg

guidebook-to-the-marvel-cinematic-universe-incredible-hulk-cover-150719.jpg

guidebook-to-the-marvel-cinematic-universe-iron-man-2-cover-150720.jpg

guidebook-to-the-marvel-cinematic-universe-iron-man-preview-1-150722.jpg

guidebook-to-the-marvel-cinematic-universe-iron-man-preview-2-150723.jpg

Marvel is going to start to release Marvel Cinematic Universe Guidebooks starting this October. There isnt that much info, what its going to be, but it seems like its going to be a encyclopedia like book wich covers the most important characters, locations and weaponary and items. Also, it seems like there are some sweet artworks included.

Maybe someone is interested in this, Marvels Magazin Output for Avengers 2 and their 75th Anniversary was very, very good, informativ and worth the price, so I will definitly pick those up.

The series starts chronologic with Iron Man, Incredible Hulk and Iron Man 2 and seems to be a monthly release.

GUIDEBOOK TO THE MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE – MARVEL’S IRON MAN
Written by MIKE O’SULLIVAN & THE OHOTMU TEAM
Cover by MIKE DEL MUNDO

On-Sale in October!

GUIDEBOOK TO THE MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE – MARVEL’S INCREDIBLE HULK/MARVEL’S IRON MAN 2
Written by MIKE O’SULLIVAN & THE OHOTMU TEAM
Covers by MIKE DEL MUNDO & PASCAL CAMPION

On-Sale in November!

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
That IM1 and TIH covers are fantastic, the content itself however doesn't seem that interesting and apparently focused exclusively on each movie which is strange and disappointing (take for example that Arc Reactor page, why doesn't it mention that Vanko was involved or that it's actually derived from studying the Tesseract?).
Hopefully whatever artwork is included is nice.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
It's good to be back
as a regular member
. Any ideas for the Civil War OT?

Well look at you! You're a lucky man. I've rarely seen someone get unjuniored.

Make sure the Civil War OT includes links to related threads (this thread, the production thread, etc.)

I concur with the others that having banner and subsection header images with actual text in between (rather than having long images with all the text on them) is preferable. Makes it easier to Ctrl+F something.

Neoxon

Well look at you! You're a lucky man. I've rarely seen someone get unjuniored.

Make sure the Civil War OT includes links to related threads (this thread, the production thread, etc.)

I concur with the others that having banner and subsection header images with actual text in between (rather than having long images with all the text on them) is preferable. Makes it easier to Ctrl+F something.
I did something similar with the Guardians OT, so I'll take inspiration from that & Droid/George's Action Figure OT.

Hex

Banned
Why does everyone think the eye is going to be a stone? Isn't Strange almost useless without it? It'd be stupid if them to make those two one and the same.

Strange has functioned without the eye many times.
He is just fine without it.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Why does everyone think the eye is going to be a stone? Isn't Strange almost useless without it? It'd be stupid if them to make those two one and the same.

That might be the idea they're building toward. When Thanos finally completes his gem collection, it'll leave some of the most powerful Avengers helpless, with the remaining Avengers trying to figure out how to win without them. It would be a great "low point" in the duology.

Neoxon

There's actually a Big Hero 6 easter egg in Age of Ultron. If you look closely, you can see Tadashi (the name of Hiro's brother in the movie) as one of the AIs that Tony's choosing from.

ageofultronbighero6easteregg-151100.png

curb

Banned
There's actually a Big Hero 6 easter egg in Age of Ultron. If you look closely, you can see Tadashi (the name of Hiro's brother in the movie) as one of the AIs that Tony's choosing from.

ageofultronbighero6easteregg-151100.png

"Mr Stark, are you satisfied with your care?"

MattyG

Banned
Just finished SHIELD season 2.

Come on now.
Can't Fitz and Simmons just be happy? Please.

Also, "science, biotch" and
Ward shooting 33
were the best. The latter got a massive laugh out of me. Ward, you fucking idiot.

Just finished SHIELD season 2.

Come on now.
Can't Fitz and Simmons just be happy? Please.

Also, "science, biotch" and
Ward shooting 33
were the best. The latter got a massive laugh out of me. Ward, you fucking idiot.

I'm so fucking sick of what a disaster they've made that relationship. Just have them stay friends, like you original said you fucking would.

Quick

Banned
Cross-posting from the Daredevil OT.

Scott Glenn is back as Stick for season 2.

http://marvel.com/news/tv/25110/scott_glenn_returns_to_the_netflix_original_series_marvels_daredevil

Legendary actor Scott Glenn (“Silence of the Lambs,” “Training Day,” “The Bourne Ultimatum”) will reprise his role as Stick on season two of “Marvel’s Daredevil,” streaming only on Netflix in 2016!

The mysterious and sardonic character of Stick crashes into Daredevil's life right when he needs him the least! Responsible for training young Matt and then abandoning him, Stick returns with a new mission that Matt wants no part of.

Stick will return for three episodes in the upcoming season.

"After seeing Scott’s performance in the first season, we knew that we had to bring him back for more,” said Executive Producer / Marvel’s Head of Television Jeph Loeb. “He is an extraordinary actor and we leapt at the chance to expand on his adventures with Matt and Daredevil.”

“In some ways, Stick is to Marvel's Daredevil what Scott Glenn has been to film and TV - a magnetic and awesome force to be reckoned with,” said Executive Producer/Showrunner Marco Ramirez. “It's an honor to welcome him back, and the Daredevil team can't wait to unleash Scott's unique brand of bad-assery upon the world in Season 2.”

“Marvel's Daredevil” is Executive Produced by Doug Petrie (“American Horror Story,” “Buffy The Vampire Slayer”), Marco Ramirez (“Sons of Anarchy,” “Orange is the New Black”) and Drew Goddard ("Cabin in the Woods," "Lost"), along with Marvel TV's Jeph Loeb ("Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," "Marvel’s Jessica Jones.”)

"Marvel's Daredevil" is produced by Marvel Television in association with ABC Studios. Season one of “Marvel’s Daredevil” is now streaming on Netflix.

That strongly suggests that The Hand will be one of the major storylines in S2 and not saved for Defenders as some had speculated, which I'm glad to hear.

duckroll

That strongly suggests that The Hand will be one of the major storylines in S2 and not saved for Defenders as some had speculated, which I'm glad to hear.

Not sure about that. It's probably just part of the Elektra arc. It's already obvious that The Hand would be featured in the season since you can't do Elektra without them. Having Stick show up as well fits with that. I think the speculation about Defenders is that it would be a version of Shadowland (I sure hope not!) so that could still happen.

Posted this already in the Civil War Production thread, but thought it's relevant here as well.

New rumors about Spidey from Heroic Hollywood regarding how long he's been around in the MCU.

According to sources, the latest rumor is that Peter Parker has been active as Spider-Man for a little over a year during the events of Captain America: Civil War.

In the upcoming 2017 Spider-Man standalone film, Peter Parker will have been active as Spider-Man for two years.

If true, seems like a good approach to avoid any retconning of the previous stories already established in the MCU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom