• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

Spider-Man is in 2017? So he will be almost 18 when the movie starts. Phew, crisis averted.
He'll most likely be 17 during his solo film, though that depends on when his birthday is in the MCU. If we go by the comics, his birthday is sometime in December according to Amazing Spider-Man #500. So if the same applies to the MCU, he'll be 16 by the end of the year.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
https://twitter.com/andyparkart/status/646426664134574081?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Here's the original Wasp from Ant-Man:

CPiRntHWsAArVuY.jpg

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Still afraid to start AoS. Will definitly my next show after I finished the second Season of Dr. Who.

In other news, my Avengers 2 Steelbook arrived! Yay! Cant wait for friday, when the Avengers will finally Assemble again.

curb

Banned
I especially like the fact that SHIELD is controlled by Hydra throughout everything we're watching. Kinda cool, even though it gives it away on the back of the blu ray box.

Without really giving away anything, the Hydra thing affects the show a lot during the back half and really changes the show for the better.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
"For us it was always Daredevil," Damon said. He and lifelong friend Ben Affleck both had conversations about doing the movie in 2003. "That's the comic we read when we were kids, but when that one came along I chickened out, because I couldn't tell. I hadn't seen the director (Mark Steven Johnson's) work and I didn't know. So I just said, 'No.' Ben was like, 'I gotta do it.'"

He chose... wisely.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
My god, AoU grew insanely for me on the second viewing. I cant even remember what I disliked beside that there werent as many awesome moneyshots like the Suiting Up scene, the 360 degree camera turn and the living comicbook panel from the first one.

My god, AoU grew insanely for me on the second viewing. I cant even remember what I disliked beside that there werent as many awesome moneyshots like the Suiting Up scene, the 360 degree camera turn and the living comicbook panel from the first one.

With most movies that have pacing issues I kinda get over it with the 2nd viewing. Special cases like AoU it still irks me when a scene is obviously cut shorter than they wanted but it ruins the movie a lot less.

I do think AOU has a lot of money shots but they're just not as iconic as what we got in the first movie. However that scene of them busting Ultrons in a circle is my favorite action segment from the entire MCU.

Shaanyboi

Banned

Yeah, I certainly didn't hate it or anything the first time, but I liked it a fair bit more the second time. The only thing that kinda rang worse were some of the quips during the Sol fight. Cap's "What do you think I've been doing?" and Widow's "Ehhh you might wish you hadn't asked that," both rang incredibly awkwardly.

There's still stuff I have problems with, but I think I could better track all the pieces the second time.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I do think AOU has a lot of money shots but they're just not as iconic as what we got in the first movie. However that scene of them busting Ultrons in a circle is my favorite action segment from the entire MCU.

The opening had a pretty good. The only problem I have with them is they showed all of it in the trailers. No surprises at all, with the exception of melting Ultron.

I found the final fight to be underwhelming save for the circular money shot, the beams and Vision in general. Those close ups when they were protecting the key thing were really off.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I still cant get the Ultron hate. I mean, he is no Heath Ledger Joker, but he is very good with his human traits, like when he feels bad when Wanda and Pietro left him to join the Avengers or when permanently refered to christian stuff. I still think about him as an religious extremist. Funny thing that hes a robot.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
I still cant get the Ultron hate. I mean, he is no Heath Ledger Joker, but he is very good with his human traits, like when he feels bad when Wanda and Pietro left him to join the Avengers or when permanently refered to christian stuff. I still think about him as an religious extremist. Funny thing that hes a robot.

He was alright and i don't think Whedon and crew could've done the most popular version of Ultron that is the cold calculating and lethal version that has the goal of global domination and perfection. There was a crazy version of Ultron that is like the AoU incarnation but its just not the most popular one today.

I think a lot of people were expecting Ultron Unlimited level Ultron which was obviously never going to happen in the MCU. He could have been more menacing though. The trailers did a fantastic job at making him pretty scary and it never really came across in the film.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom