• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Holland was doing VO for something... maybe the Lord/Miller movie or Sucker Punch game?
My money is on the game- just in time for an E3 trailer.
D9GkfPJ.png

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Tom Holland was doing VO for something... maybe the Lord/Miller movie or Sucker Punch game?
My money is on the game- just in time for an E3 trailer.
D9GkfPJ.png
I think it was for the LEGO Avengers game. They just released a Spider-Man DLC pack this week which featured Civil War Spidey. I played a little bit of it, it kinda sounds like him, though it was only grunts and battle noise. Didn't play long enough to hear any dialog.

I think it was for the LEGO Avengers game. They just released a Spider-Man DLC pack this week which featured Civil War Spidey. I played a little bit of it, it kinda sounds like him, though it was only grunts and battle noise. Didn't play long enough to hear any dialog.

They wouldn't get him back just to do grunts. They use archive material for the most part.

Only tangentially relevant but I watched X-Men: Apocalypse two days ago and the way Singer uses Quicksilver really makes me wish they hadn't killed him off in the MCU even more. They could have done so much cool stuff with him if they had given him his personality from the comics. Goddammit, Whedon.

Neoxon

Looking at the Spider-Man concept art, it seems like they were originally gonna go with slightly raised webbing for the costume & none of the extra black lines that we saw in the final design.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Don't mind the stripes but thank god for no raised webbing :D

Neoxon

Don't mind the stripes but thank god for no raised webbing :D
Agreed. I can understand why they did raised webbing in the past, but technology has gotten to where they don't have to rely on raised webbing to give the costume depth. That plus it helps set Marvel's Spider-Man apart from Sony's two Spider-Men. Overall, I'm glad that Marvel did away with the raised webbing.

BLACKLAC

Marvel has been on the hunt for a female filmmaker to helm this most female-centric of their properties, with names like Niki Caro (Whale Rider, McFarland, USA) and Jennifer Kent (The Babadook) surfacing as contenders, according to sources.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/brie-larson-circling-captain-marvel-898876

Variety: Brie Larson the Frontrunner to Play Captain Marvel

They can obviously make Captain Marvel into whatever they want for the movies and while I really like Brie Larson, but she seems too young.

Her age is one of the best things about her. Great actress that will have a lot of years to grow into the role.

Remember Marvel cast for sustainability. She'll still be playing the character when she's 35 most likely.

curb

Banned
Her age is one of the best things about her. Great actress that will have a lot of years to grow into the role.

I get why Marvel would do this and it makes sense for a lot of reasons. Being sceptical about Larson's age is just my knee-jerk reaction because I definitely see comic Carol as being older. Marvel's done great with their casting and if they want Larson in the role then I'm sure she'll fit with the take on Carol they want for the movies.

Also Marvel, just keep on bringing in people who've been on Community into the MCU. Alison Brie for Squirrel Girl.

Brie Larson would kill it as Carol. The age question is just the only one I have. Will they still make her an Air Force Colonel? You'd have to be in your late 30s at least to get to that rank.

Also, Mae Whitman should be Squirrel Girl. Alison Brie should be Kate Bishop.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Brie Larson is 28 guys, she's not that young. Most folks in the military enlist right out of high school, so she'd have been in the airforce for 10 years if the movie character was aged the same as the actress.

Hell by the time the movie comes out she'll be 30.

Brie Larson is 28 guys, she's not that young. Most folks in the military enlist right out of high school, so she'd have been in the airforce for 10 years if the movie character was aged the same as the actress.

Hell by the time the movie comes out she'll be 30.

She's 26 according to Wikipedia but your point sort of still stands when you think about the movie's release date. I'd expect someone at that rank to be at least in their early 30's but the movie version could just as easily be a lower rank.

BLACKLAC

Seriously the talent+age equation makes this pretty strong get for Marvel.

Then you add the infamous Marvel workout routine.... I expect to see those abs Marvel!

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Seriously the talent+age equation makes this pretty strong get for Marvel.

Then you add the infamous Marvel workout routine.... I expect to see those abs Marvel!

Contract parity would have her with at least one shirtless scene, right? The world needs girl!abs from their superheroes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom