• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
YUSSSS.

I know this is far off, but if we ever ever ever get Annihilation on the big screen, I don't think I could handle it.
It wouldn't be the same without Galactus. You would lose the "HERALD MY RAGE!" moment, which is so awesome.

Now, I could see then doing Conquest though. Or some amalgamation of the two.

If we get either one, I would bank on the GotG sequel being called "Guardians of the Galaxy: Annihilation"

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Someone set fire to Fox please.

indeed much sacrifice must be offered up to get that FF4 movie to tank and marvel to get back FF4.....Can you imagine that, the studio that gave us Incredibles clearly inspired by FF4 in possesion of that property. Please One above all, Living Tribunal, Eternity, Infinity, Aeon, Era, Galactus, Death, Oblivion, Order, Chaos, Eternals, Celestials, Nathaniel Richards, Squirrel Girl ...BEYONDER stop the FF4 movie from happening...

neoanarch

indeed much sacrifice must be offered up to get that FF4 movie to tank and marvel to get back FF4.....Can you imagine that, the studio that gave us Incredibles clearly inspired by FF4 in possesion of that property. Please One above all, Living Tribunal, Eternity, Infinity, Aeon, Era, Galactus, Death, Oblivion, Order, Chaos, Eternals, Celestials, Nathaniel Richards, Squirrel Girl ...BEYONDER stop the FF4 movie from happening...

Are the Eternals not a Marvel property? I thought they were based on Thanos, if he is just from some random alien race I'll be really sad.

DieH@rd

Banned

app.gif

anaron

It still doesn't feel right to introduce Ms.Marvel without the Captain Marvel/Kree backstory.
Then again, who actually owns the rights to the Kree? Is it Fox or Marvel?
If she's in it she's likely only in it as Carol Danvers. It will be at most a glorified cameo.

Age of Ultron will be stuffed with name characters if half of the news/rumors are true. There are way too many players if they should be more than named cameos.

1) Hydra + Strucker
2) The twins
3) Wakanda --> A Black panther or at least a king
4) The Vision
5) Captain Marvel (Danvers)
6) Ultron

All of those would need at least a short introduction. And then there is the possible inclusion of Falcon and Iron Patriot, the S.H.I.E.L.D. staff and the whole first Avengers team.

neoanarch

What do you think are the chanches that they turn the Iron Patriot back to Warmachine? Hated this change in Iron Man 3...

AoU hopefully. Iron Patriot is supposed to be a bad guy. I'll bet the IP suit is the first Ultron body and Tony has to build Rhodey a new one.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
It still doesn't feel right to introduce Ms.Marvel without the Captain Marvel/Kree backstory.

I believe the Kree will be introduced in GoTG not that the two movies are linked at the hip but the source of Carols Powers will be known. Marvel can do the Kree and most of the Skrulls.

Yep unless they're making MAJOR changes to lore and changing Ronan's race entirely, we're getting the Kree in GOTG. I think an introduction to them, plus a Carol Danvers cameo in Age of Ultron is enough to set her up for a solo movie where she will encounter a dying Kree warrior and is given his powers.

The Beyonder would be the biggest one for me. I would die to see a Secret Wars movie, sadly they would need Spider man to really pull it off though.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The Beyonder would be the biggest one for me. I would die to see a Secret Wars movie, sadly they would need Spider man to really pull it off though.

Disney realy needs to offer Sony a hell of money to reacquire the Spider-Man rights.
Not only because of Spider-Man, they need also the rights for the Kingpin for Daredevil...

So since they can't use "mutants" in the Marvel movies, will Scarlet & Quick be referred to as Inhumans?

Inhumans are practically being set up to pretty much be the MCU's versions of mutants, and Pietro at least does have connections to them. I wouldn't be surprised, but I think they may just keep it simple and refer to them as superhumans.

Does anyone know who owns the rights to the Molecule Man?

His first appearance was in Fantastic Four, so probably Fox.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs

Ronan the Accuser and Korath are appearing in Guardians of the Galaxy, so it's Marvel/Disney.

TDLink

Wasn't the FF deal pretty limited in scope? I think it only accounted for a handful of villains... Doom, Galactus, Silver Surfer, Super Skrull, Annihilus(?)

You are correct, it was only a handful. In fact, Annihilus was not part of the deal. Marvel can use him if they want. Those others though, yeah, they're with FOX for now.

Yeah I would have been more sure about it but I do know that the deal wasn't all-encompassing for every character that first appeared in FF. I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel could use Molecule Man and FOX sure as shit never would do that.

But yeah. Fingers crossed that it's not an issue going forward.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
You are correct, it was only a handful. In fact, Annihilus was not part of the deal. Marvel can use him if they want. Those others though, yeah, they're with FOX for now.

Wikipedia says that Annihilus is supposed to appear in the Reboot. Are you sure in this point?

We really need a crowdsourced Database with all the Charakter license packages... When GAF would help, maybe I can start something...

Age of Ultron will be stuffed with name characters if half of the news/rumors are true. There are way too many players if they should be more than named cameos.

1) Hydra + Strucker
2) The twins
4) The Vision
6) Ultron

All of those would need at least a short introduction. And then there is the possible inclusion of Falcon and Iron Patriot, the S.H.I.E.L.D. staff and the whole first Avengers team.

In Whedon we trust!

TDLink

Wikipedia says that Annihilus is supposed to appear in the Reboot. Are you sure in this point?

We really need a crowdsourced Database with all the Charakter license packages... When GAF would help, maybe I can start something...

Yes I'm sure. I wouldn't count on Wikipedia for cold hard facts about upcoming projects. No official details about the reboot have been released except that Josh Trank is set to direct and Simon Kinberg writing. Michael B. Jordan is allegedly Johnny Storm but I don't believe that is confirmed yet either. All other details out there bout the reboot have been debunked by Trank himself.

Regarding your second point, it's listed in the bottom of the OP of this topic.

Bloomers

1) Hydra + Strucker
2) The twins
4) The Vision
6) Ultron

lawd.gif

I feel like we will be getting an Avengers "A-team" and "B-team" in AoU, both investigating Ultron's activities in different parts of the world.This way, characters wouldn't get marginalized too easily in ensemble action scenes.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
So by Avengers 3, we'll potentially have the following:

- Iron Man
- Captain America
- Thor
- The Hulk
- Black Widow
- Hawkeye
- War Machine
- Scarlet Witch
- Quicksilver
- Vision
- Falcon
- Ms. Marvel
- Ant-Man (or Giant Man by then?)
- Wasp (perhaps?)
- Iron Fist (from Netflix)
- Daredevil (from Netflix)
- Luke Cage (from Netflix)
- Black Panther (maybe?)
- Dr. Strange (if rumors are true)

+ the Guardians of the Galaxy team? Or do ya'll think they'll remain separate?

All to get stomped by Thanos. :D
And then ultimately win, I suppose. D:

Am I missing anyone? Think they'll try to introduce Elektra in the Daredevil show?

minty_jpg

So by Avengers 3, we'll potentially have the following:

- Iron Man
- Captain America
- Thor
- The Hulk
- Black Widow
- Hawkeye
- War Machine
- Scarlet Witch
- Quicksilver
- Vision
- Falcon
- Ms. Marvel
- Ant-Man (or Giant Man by then?)
- Wasp (perhaps?)
- Iron Fist (from Netflix)
- Daredevil (from Netflix)
- Luke Cage (from Netflix)
- Black Panther (maybe?)
- Dr. Strange (if rumors are true)

+ the Guardians of the Galaxy team? Or do ya'll think they'll remain separate?

All to get stomped by Thanos. :D
And then ultimately win, I suppose. D:

Am I missing anyone? Think they'll try to introduce Elektra in the Daredevil show?

I don't think their is just going to be one Avengers 3. Maybe split it into two films/conflicts. I also don't think the GoTG crew is going to be kept away from earth (hoping Thanos comes to destroy it).

I would've like to see a lot of these characters introduced way before AoU like in Iron Man 3 or Thor The Dark World. It's too many characters to introduce in one movie.

Is there any word in RBJ coming back for more? Has he signed anything?

I don't think their is just going to be one Avengers 3. Maybe split it into two films/conflicts. I also don't think the GoTG crew is going to be kept away from earth (hoping Thanos comes to destroy it).

I would've like to see a lot of these characters introduced way before AoU like in Iron Man 3 or Thor The Dark World. It's too many characters to introduce in one movie.

Is there any word in RBJ coming back for more? Has he signed anything?

He is signed for 2 more movies, Avengers 2 and 3. So they cant split 3 into 2 movies unless they either leave him out of 1 or get him to sign on for another movie. http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/26025.html

He is signed for 2 more movies, Avengers 2 and 3. So they cant split 3 into 2 movies unless they either leave him out of 1 or get him to sign on for another movie. http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/26025.html

If they film Avengers 3 as one long ass movie, filming all the RDJ/IM scenes early in production, then flesh it out with all the other characters later, then make it seem like it was too much movie for a single sitting and had to split it into 2 parts, would that violate a 2 movie contract? Or would they have already had some legaleese in the contract addressing such an issue?

It's hard to believe that they'd do a 13-episode Daredevil series without using Elektra. I also expect the Netflix series to introduce a number of other street-level heroes (Shang-Chi, Misty Knight, Colleen Wing, White Tiger, maybe Moon Knight or Punisher).

Showaddy

I doubt this. It's Latino Review, guys.

Heh as much as I call bullshit on Latino Review this seems pretty credible, but at the same time not much of a scoop either.

Katee Sackhoff actually confirmed that she was "in talks" with Marvel for an unspecified role with shooting starting 1st quarter/early 2nd quarter this year. That's got to be Avengers and she does fit Danvers:

SackhoffMarvel.jpg

If they film Avengers 3 as one long ass movie, filming all the RDJ/IM scenes early in production, then flesh it out with all the other characters later, then make it seem like it was too much movie for a single sitting and had to split it into 2 parts, would that violate a 2 movie contract? Or would they have already had some legaleese in the contract addressing such an issue?

Didnt Disney pay RDJ more then his first contract called for because they wanted a good working relationship with him? I doubt they would try to do anything shady with him now.

Heh as much as I call bullshit on Latino Review this seems pretty credible, but at the same time not much of a scoop either.

Katee Sackhoff actually confirmed that she was "in talks" with Marvel for an unspecified role with shooting starting 1st quarter/early 2nd quarter this year. That's got to be Avengers and she does fit Danvers:

Yeah when she did mention it, it sounded a lot like them reportedly holding casting calls for Black Panther. Two characters that I think will appear in the MCU soon (Avengers 2 which starts production soon) but not get solo films until Phase 4 or so - perfect characters to focus on for a "New Avengers" team after Avengers 3.

Didnt Disney pay RDJ more then his first contract called for because they wanted a good working relationship with him? I doubt they would try to do anything shady with him now.

I don't think that would ever happen but if it did I doubt it would piss off RDJ that much. We know he loves playing Tony, he loves the films and has a lot of input on them. I just don't think he's ready yet to sign another long-term contract. He knows they need him until at least Avengers 3 and I think he's being cautious about only being known for Iron Man for the rest of the career and he doesn't want that to be his last defining role. Signing up for Iron Man 4 and beyond at this point of time doesn't make any sense because we're already seeing how tightly packed Phase 3 is and they may not revisit Iron Man until Phase 4 or later. Until then and he can decide if he wants to stay on, I doubt they'll have trouble signing on for cameo and supporting roles in Avengers and other solo films (War Machine).

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I also expect the Netflix series to introduce a number of other street-level heroes (Shang-Chi, Misty Knight, Colleen Wing, White Tiger, maybe Moon Knight or Punisher).
I thought about those three but didn't want want the list to get too hypothetical. I think you're right though. The Defenders have to be more than just Daredevil, Luke, and Iron Fist...right? And Jessica, I guess.

Jessica Jones.
I actually purposely didn't count her since we don't know if she'll be in costume or not.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I don't see what a costume has to do with it. She's getting her own Netflix series.
Then you could count Pepper Potts, various SHIELD agents, etc too. I was listing known costumes/Avengers, not every comic character that's being adapted.

Hell, I probably should have included Pepper because for the big battle, she could show up as Rescue.

I do wonder how they'll handle Jessica's failed-superhero backstory from the comics, since the MCU material to date has implied that there's no real history of costumed superheroes operating in between Captain America's "death" and Iron Man's debut.

I do wonder how they'll handle Jessica's failed-superhero backstory from the comics, since the MCU material to date has implied that there's no real history of costumed superheroes operating in between Captain America's "death" and Iron Man's debut.

It's an interesting point, I wonder that since they are intentionally focusing on these New York "underground" heroes that wouldn't get as much attention as a celebrity like Tony Stark, they may point out that these heroes have been working the streets for years already and people just never really heard about it. But I'm thinking they will simply start their origins around the same time as The Avengers, in which Fury does say that the world is filling up with superhumans.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
You're not making any sense. Again, she has a Netflix series. She's a superhero. She goes on the list.
...but she isn't always a superhero, and until we find out more about her series, I'm not gonna hold my breath. I'd love to see her as Jewel, but I'm not expecting anything more than some flashbacks with the main story in the show being her time at the Bugle. There is a very good chance she might not be in a superhero costume in "present day" MCU.

Arguing over this is stupid since we know just about nothing in regards to the Netflix shows.

Side note: Will they even be able to use the Daily Bugle in the MCU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom