• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
If only that poster's cast was true. Once upon a time I was convinced the Marvel TV folks would still make it into the Infinity movies. I think my attitude changed when Chloe Bennett went on her "The movies don't support us!" rant.

If only that poster's cast was true. Once upon a time I was convinced the Marvel TV folks would still make it into the Infinity movies. I think my attitude changed when Chloe Bennett went on her "The movies don't support us!" rant.

If it happens now, it will only be so Thanos can kill them all, and then they have a cannon reason for no season 6 of AoS, and then ABC can stop feeling pressure to keep renewing it.

The Kree

Banned
If it happens now, it will only be so Thanos can kill them all, and then they have a cannon reason for no season 6 of AoS, and then ABC can stop feeling pressure to keep renewing it.

AoS isn't gonna even make it to season 5. Mockingbird and Quake are gonna die off screen, and Coulson is gonna retire to Portland never to be heard from again.

You'll get Daredevil in Avengers 3&4 if you're lucky and that's mostly because he's a white guy.

Kelsdesu

Again, we go to referee mills Laaane for ruling and:

58225020.jpg

AoS isn't gonna even make it to season 5. Mockingbird and Quake are gonna die off screen, and Coulson is gonna retire to Portland never to be heard from again.

You'll get Daredevil in Avengers 3&4 if you're lucky and that's mostly because he's a white guy.

Oh no, it will be the Ultimate Troll job by Feige on Perlmutter.
Feige will urge ABC to extend one more season, getting Joss to produce and write for S5, the cast of AoS will be juiced when they find out that the tie in for season 5 will lead into direct cameos of the cast into the movies. and when they finally get their movie scripts... LOL. oh the laughs. I bet no one pranked anyone on set as hard as that.

Anth0ny

I swear there wasn't this much bitching when Iron Man and Dark Knight were both awesome

or Avengers and Dark Knight Rises were both awesome

over the last year or so all the MCU films became "formulaic, forgettable trash" somehow. okay.

happy I'm above all that shit and can enjoy the MCU :)

Every time a DC movie comes out "people are getting tired of comic book movies."

Then a Marvel movie comes out and it breaks records.

Weird.

Neoxon

The only ones from SHIELD that I can see being somewhat useful in Infinity War are Quake, Mockingbird, & Coulson. Though if you want to encompass all of MCU-TV, then you could include Cloak & Dagger (though it may be a bit too soon to bring them in), the Defenders, and Punisher.

curb

Banned
The only ones from SHIELD that I can see being somewhat useful in Infinity War are Quake, Mockingbird, & Coulson. Though if you want to encompass all of MCU-TV, then you could include Cloak & Dagger (though it may be a bit too soon to bring them in), the Defenders, and Punisher.

With Adrianne Palicki moving on to a new show, I wonder if we'll ever see Bobbi again.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Found this on reddit:

When asked if The Defenders would be in the movies, he scoffed and went on and on about how Marvel Television is a 3 year old company and how they want to do their own thing, but specifically mentioned that they'll see where the company is in 2019.

He then mentioned that Marvel Television projects are still all under the thumb of the Marvel Creative Committee, so that could also cause some friction between the possibility of television and movie crossovers.

Looks like we won't be seeing any TV characters in the films anytime soon. :(

EDIT: "He" is Jeph Loeb.

Pachimari

I don't expect anything at all anymore. It is shit of Marvel. And one of my bigger disappointments. I'll surely be thrilled when I watch the Infinity movies anyway.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I don't mind the MCU and MTVU being kinda seperated and on it's own, but I don't like how they advertised the whole thing as one big interconnected universe when it's clearly one-sided. It's just not fair to the TVU, and I hoped for more.

Then again, we have a fucking Marvel Universe on Movies and TV, that's incredibly faithful and true to the comics, so I can't hate.

At this point I don't care if TV crosses into movies. That was a big lie and Marvel needs to own up to it.

I would like to see more TV collaboration - have Coulson be the after-credits teaser of the Defenders (like Nick Fury was for Iron Man).

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
At this point I don't care if TV crosses into movies. That was a big lie and Marvel needs to own up to it.

I would like to see more TV collaboration - have Coulson be the after-credits teaser of the Defenders (like Nick Fury was for Iron Man).

Cameos/guest appearances by the netflix staff on SHIELD or vice versa would be great.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
It's just not fair to the TVU, and I hoped for more. .
The movie side is the one thing that makes the billions, so there is no reason to let the TV shows dictete something. With the poor rating on ABC and the I kinda doubt that Marvel makes that much Money with Netflix.

The only the I start to find annoying that they still only reference the battle of New York as if nothing else happened in the mean time.As for the rest, I am fine with it.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Infinity War is going to at least have an off-handed reference to The Defenders, lads.

I'm sure of it.

(Continues burying head in the sand).

curb

Banned
My biggest hope for TV characters in the movies was a brief shot of the Defenders and Shield fighting the disposable army I'm assuming Thanos will make landfall on Earth with. Now, I expect nothing
and I think I'm at peace with it since I'm now fairly sure AoS won't even be around when Avengers 3 hits.

exYle

I swear there wasn't this much bitching when Iron Man and Dark Knight were both awesome

or Avengers and Dark Knight Rises were both awesome

over the last year or so all the MCU films became "formulaic, forgettable trash" somehow. okay.

happy I'm above all that shit and can enjoy the MCU :)

Iron Man, thankfully, remains one of the most praised CBM's today. But while it took a few years, the Dark Knight did start receiving some backlash from the fans. Undeserved, in my opinion, but opinions are opinions.

Avengers and DKR almost immediately started getting backlash after their release. It was kinda drowned out by the praise, but it was there and has been omnipresent ever since both movies came out. Even today, lots of people are happy to express their disdain for both movies.

The 'formulaic' criticism took a while to appear because, well, people had to recognizr there was a formula first. Can't accuse a franchise of being all the same if the franchise hasn't even gotten off it's feet yet. But it's been around for a while, longer than just a year. By the time Winter Soldier came out in 2012, people were commenting on how it had changed the Marvel formula.

Pachimari

I still feel fucking lied to by Marvel. Yeah they are set in the same universe. But come on, they really aren't, until you give us those damn cross-overs!

I still feel fucking lied to by Marvel. Yeah they are set in the same universe. But come on, they really aren't, until you give us those damn cross-overs!

agents of shield will never, ever be required viewing for understanding a plot point or even a single line of dialogue within a marvel movie, but it's honestly *healthier* for the TV shows to be able to stand on their own (see: the netflix shows) than for them to serve as an adjunct to the films anyway

She looks adorable.

And bored out of her mind.

Do we expect her to be introduced in a movie like Thor 3 before her solo debut? Or maybe IW?

Definitely IW. She would either be setup like Black Panther or Spidey for her solo movie by whatever happens in IW or she arrives at the end of the 2018 Avengers movie with her solo flick explaining how she got there.

curb

Banned
agents of shield will never, ever be required viewing for understanding a plot point or even a single line of dialogue within a marvel movie, but it's honestly *healthier* for the TV shows to be able to stand on their own (see: the netflix shows) than for them to serve as an adjunct to the films anyway

I think Agents of Shield suffers for having to live between movies and TV. It's so tied to the movies and their events but can never fully utilize those connections on TV since there will never be movie-to-TV crossover. The Netflix stuff thrives because it can functionally exist in it's own world even though it takes place within the broader Marvel screen universe.

She looks adorable.

And bored out of her mind.

Do we expect her to be introduced in a movie like Thor 3 before her solo debut? Or maybe IW?

I think it depends in part on whether Infinity War Part 1 takes place on Earth at all. It's possible that's being saved for part 2.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I think it depends in part on whether Infinity War Part 1 takes place on Earth at all. It's possible that's being saved for part 2.
I remember them saying that Infinity War is based on Infinity, what would mean that in the first part Thanos Cabal would take on earth while the second part would be more space centered.

I think Agents of Shield suffers for having to live between movies and TV. It's so tied to the movies and their events but can never fully utilize those connections on TV since there will never be movie-to-TV crossover. The Netflix stuff thrives because it can functionally exist in it's own world even though it takes place within the broader Marvel screen universe.

Yep. It'll get a little bit more complicated when Spider-Man is also a thing in New York (and I suspect that the Venn diagram between Sony's Spider-Man films, Marvel's MCU films, and Marvel TV is going to contain little to no overlap between Spider-Man and the Defenders), but by and large it seems they're keeping the Avengers out of New York City now and leaving the city itself to the Defenders shows.

I remember them saying that Infinity War is based on Infinity, what would mean that in the first part Thanos Cabal would take on earth while the second part would be more space centered.

Wait, what?

I didn't know they confirmed that? I think saving a whole movie for mini-bosses and one for Thanos is a smart idea, but I thought the best version of that would be bringing back all the people killed by Infinity Stones as the mini-bosses e.g. Red Skull, Ronan, Christopher Ecclestone, Ultron, and the two that'll be killed by Time & Soul.

curb

Banned
Wait, what?

I didn't know they confirmed that? I think saving a whole movie for mini-bosses and one for Thanos is a smart idea, but I thought the best version of that would be bringing back all the people killed by Infinity Stones as the mini-bosses e.g. Red Skull, Ronan, Christopher Ecclestone, Ultron, and the two that'll be killed by Time & Soul.

I could be wrong but I don't think they did

SpaceWolf

Banned
I get the feeling that Robert Downey Jr only bothered to share that fake poster in the first place was because he got a kick out of seeing he got first-name billing on it.

tomtom94

Wait, what?

That would be a kickass idea but the realities of film production would basically make it impossible.

Like, not only would you have to persuade Weaving, Eccleston etc not to just phone it in for a paycheck, but that would be EVEN MORE money to spend on actors' salaries and not on the actual filming of the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom