• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Doesnt matter, they have that sweet deaging tech.
Problems are the actors who need to pump their bodys up but Downey Jr. most likely could now play the role until he dies.

kurahador

FlshM0k.jpg

HwvAdNl.jpg

Shame we'll get a Guardians of the Candy Crush game when GOTG2 drops and nothing else.

That said, Marvel are supposed to have a renewed effort in their games with Spidey Insomniac, so who knows?

I believe that if the ps4 Spider-Man game sells well (it probably will, Spidey is a very beloved and famous character and it's made by Insomniac, a very talented studio) there will be more games with Marvel characters.

Neoxon

Shame we'll get a Guardians of the Candy Crush game when GOTG2 drops and nothing else.

That said, Marvel are supposed to have a renewed effort in their games with Spidey Insomniac, so who knows?
Supposedly the Telltale Marvel game is for Guardians, but I'm not sure about the validity of the rumor.

Neoxon

Please be fake :/
Who else could it be? I mean sure, there's Daredevil or Jessica Jones, but those would kinda venture near Batman territory with the detective work (more so DD than JJ, but Matt's blindness could factor into the game to mix things up). And it's not like any post-CoC developer can use the X-Men (which would have been my 2nd candidate for a Telltale game had it not been for Ike Perlmutter).

curb

Banned
Since we're mostly just sharing wishes about the TT game, I'll take a current Spider-Woman, Private Investigator game. You get investigating mixed with some action plus bonus diaper changing scene.

Captain Marvel Screenwriter says that the film will reinvent Carol's origin.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...-says-film-will-reinvent-carol-danvers-origin

"She’s obviously such an incredibly kick-ass character and Kelly Sue DeConnick did a great run with her story arc recently," Perlman said. "But here’s the thing: if you were just going to do a straight adaptation of the comics, her origin story is very similar to Green Lantern. And obviously, that’s not what we want to do. There’s a lot of reinvention that needs to happen."

In the comics, Carol Danvers is an Air Force officer working with Dr. Walter Lawson, the latter of whom is actually Mar-Vell, a Kree in disguise who defends Earth as Captain Marvel. After Mar-Vell shields Danvers from a Kree device's explosion, she absorbs radiation that gives her similar powers, and takes the mantel from her friend. Coincidentally, Green Lantern is Hal Jordan -- an Air Force test pilot who inherits his own cosmic strength after stumbling upon the dying alien Abin Sur, so one can at least see where Perlman is coming from. None of this seems to worry the writer, however.

curb

Banned
So is Mar-Vell still gonna be involved, or will Carol get her powers some other way?

I'm wondering that myself.

Of course, when I saw that on reddit there were comments like "They're going to exclude Mar-Vell because she can't get her powers from a man."

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Even if Doctor Strange has no dialog justifying its magic as alien science, the visual style of everything seen so far compliments the way the MCU has portrayed Sufficiently Advanced technology, control of space-time, and reality warping cosmic power. The way dimensions fold and warp echos the way Loki communed with Sanctuary in Avengers, and floating glyphs of power are plenty similar to Asgard's technology in The Dark World.

At this point there's room for mystics in the MCU to treat the way they tap into cosmic power as art and magic, without having to stop and explain it could also be considered a science.

http://mcuexchange.com/marvel-has-reportedly-shot-a-white-tiger-pilot-short-for-netflix/

According to Bleeding Cool, Marvel has already filmed four pilot shorts based on four different characters, all for Netflix’s consideration. Word on the street is one of these characters is none other than Angela Del Toro, a Hispanic female from the Bronx and the fourth White Tiger.

This is all very exciting despite the scarce details, as this would be the first Hispanic-led show Marvel has ever produced! It’s not exactly unlikely either, as the character has already been name-dropped in the Jessica Jones episode “AKA You’re A Winner!” Perhaps they were laying the groundwork.

More Marvel! MORE.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
The rumor came from Bleeding Cool, so I'd take it with a grain of salt. Though while their TV rumors aren't as reliable as their comic book scoops, they're at least better than their movie rumors.

Haha, you're just throwing a wet blanket everywhere.

The Kree

Banned
When Bleeding Cool is sourced by MCU Exchange, you might as well be reading your own fan fiction. Y'all don't need these shitty fan blogs posing as news outlets to give you an excuse to speculate randomly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom