• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomtom94

I would love to see another Thor 2 or Iron Man 3-esque cameo where there's no real reason other than because they can and it's funny...but I'd rather it wasn't Tony Stark because personally I feel he is a teensy bit overexposed.

The Kree

Banned
If they did do something like that, they should swerve it and have Cap be the one trying to recruit him. Bring Wanda along too just because.

Gazunta

Thor 3 shutting down half of my home city of Brisbane Australia for a week, my fave comic book shop is in the middle of this and I need my Squirrel Girl books ><

YtrgJoR.jpg

6Ym57oq.jpg

Wurst

Thor 3 shutting down half of my home city of Brisbane Australia for a week, my fave comic book shop is in the middle of this and I need my Squirrel Girl books ><

Holy cow, im in Brisbane right now!
Is there any Chance one could see the actors and whats happening?

Never had the opportunity to witness a hollywood film production :)

tomtom94

So two things

A) they went to the effort of giving it the working title "Creature Report" and then they call the company "Asgard Productions Limited"?

B) Wonder what they (presumably) need city shots for?

IHaveIce

Banned
5 out of those that are circled are mandatory for him to be in.. 3 Iron Man movies and 2 Avengers.. Civil War was also needed.

A Mention is fair game and should happen way often, since it is a real world and he is a prominent person.

Spider-man meh let's see.

Hulk is more a cameo, it is like saying Samuel L Jones was in too many of the marvel movies.
I bet it will be something like this in Dr. Strange

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
I read that Stark has a cameo in justice league

*Stark is in his Iron Man suit, visible damaged, helmet open. He lays on the floor, struggling for breath. Batman crouches down to help him*

Stark: "M...Ma....M-"
Batman: "What are you saying?"
Stark: "Her....name is...Ma-"
Batman: "...Martha? Did you say Martha?"
Stark: "N-no, Ma-"
Batman: "WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME? WHY ARE YOU SAYING MARTHA?"
Stark: "Maria, dude. Chill, my mom's name is Maria"

*Batman is already upset and has crouched down in the corner, crying as he cuddles his knees*

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Casting For Micro Is Underway For 'The Punisher'

Supposedly, lines of script used for the audition:

Frank: You’re nervous

Micro: What, no I’m not, I’m not nervous, why would you even…

Frank: You keep checking your watch, but you’re not really checking the time, it’s a nervous tick. You might be good with computers and all, but you’d be shit with poker.

Micro: You’re early, I’m just a little surprised is all, I didn’t expect to find you here already.

Frank: Why were you here if you didn’t expect me to be here then?

Micro: Me? I’m always early. I make a point of it, I make sure to be where I have to be before I have to be there. (beat) So, you got the message.

Frank: I’m here.

Micro: Yeah well, You aren’t easy to find.

Frank: I’m not supposed to be found at all.

Micro: Desperate times call for desperate measures don’t they?

Frank: You got one minute, then I’m walking out the door and you won’t find me, I guarantee you.

Micro: Okay, okay I understand. Look, first of all, I wouldn’t, I wouldn’t contact you if I didn’t think that you could help.

Frank: Contacting me puts us both in danger. You could have been followed.

Micro: (Laughs) I wasn’t, trust me.

Frank: I don’t trust you, I don’t even know you. I should put a bullet in your head right here and now.

Micro: Okay, look, that would not be in your best interest.

Frank: Why wouldn’t it be?

Micro: Your just lucky that I’m a little smarter, and a little faster than them.

Frank: I’ll take my chances.

Micro: Look we are both in a world of trouble here. We can keep sleeping with one eye open the rest of our lives, or we can make a stand and stop them before they find us.

Frank: I don’t need you for that

Micro: What? We can help each other, we’re in the same boat, and yes you do need me

Frank: I don’t need anybody

Micro: You need answers, though, don’t you? I’m right, aren’t I? You have a lot of unanswered questions.

Frank: I don’t know what you’re talking about

Micro: I know that we’re after the same people, or I should say the same people are after us, which means that we are after the same people.

Frank: How do you know that?

Micro: It’s like you said, I’m good at computers, and the like. Look, friend, I know your story, and I know we can make things right again.

Frank: What do you want?

Micro: I want your help. I had a wife and kids, a family, and those bastards, they just took it away from me, and you know what that’s like, and I want my life back. As far as I can figure this is the only way to go about it, but I can’t do it alone. I know my limits, and I need your help.

Frank: I don’t know you, I don’t trust you. We’re out of time.

Micro: Does the name Nicholas Simon mean anything to you? (beat) He’s in town. I know where he is, and I know how to get to him.

Frank: Where is he?

Micro: Partners?

Frank: Tell me where he is.

dabig2

5 out of those that are circled are mandatory for him to be in.. 3 Iron Man movies and 2 Avengers.. Civil War was also needed.

A Mention is fair game and should happen way often, since it is a real world and he is a prominent person.

Spider-man meh let's see.

Hulk is more a cameo, it is like saying Samuel L Jones was in too many of the marvel movies.
I bet it will be something like this in Dr. Strange

The same people complaining about too much Tony are usually the same ones concern trolling that the MCU doesn't feel connected because Tony was missing or wasn't mentioned in a movie (see Winter Soldier and both Thor movies).

Neoxon

Because its not a Marvel Studios Movie
It's made by Marvel Studios (alongside Sony) with Sony Pictures mainly distributing the film. And as mentioned earlier, one of our own confirmed that the SDCC panel did have the Spider-Man: Homecoming title card with the updated Marvel Studios logo.

curb

Banned
It'd be safe to assume that it's in the MCU, especially considering that Nico's mother is already in Doctor Strange (if the prologue comic is anything to go by).

Of course, we still need confirmation.

I think it's a pretty safe bet that it's in the MCU but I guess you never know. I hope they answer that question sooner rather than later.

Pachimari

I do wonder when and if we will hear more about Cloak and Dagger. I hate it when they go silent. It's bad enough that Damage Control probably isn't turning into anything.

curb

Banned
if its tv does it even matter? it never crosses over with the movies anyway

I personally will take the one-way relationship (Movies=>TV) over no relationship. Even if TV doesn't influence movies, I like that it's all set in the same world. Stuff like this and even the Netflix stuff (for the most part) can sorta do their own thing but still have some connective tissue to the broader MCU world and that appeals to me.

Neoxon

It's dead. Let it go.

-------------

In other news:

aQCZR3V.png

I separated Broadcast from Streaming, added the official temporary logo for The Punisher and added Runaways. If the separation looks not good let me know.
At this point, you could fill an entire fighting game roster with the MCU.
............somebody call Marvel & Capcom.

Neoxon

I've been avoiding removing it until they've actually said it's not happening/a reputable news source says it's canned.
To be fair, no reputable source said that Inhumans is cancelled, either (just Bleeding Cool, whose movie scoops are....eh). Both Deadline & Feige said that was delayed, not cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom