• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
you guys think infinity war will be filming in Atlanta?

Yes it will.

13920125_1580662878894432_6702098038539040047_o.jpg

I'd expect a Phase 2 slate for TV closer to "The Defenders" than anything, because I'd like to believe they'll use part of the show to set-up the next wave of NYC heroes.

My fan-fic has it being an L.A. set Punisher series, She-Hulk, Moon Knight, Superior Foes of Spider-Man, and Heroes for Hire (Luke & Danny coalescing into their own series, maybe with JJ showing up).

guek

Banned
I've been thinking, would you guys say that Thor destroying Sokovia in a single blow is the greatest pure strength feat in a comicbook movie? I can't remember anything that would compare from the Reeves movies. The only other feat I can think of that compares is Routh lifting the mountain of kryptonite but it seems to me that it'd be more difficult to basically blow up a city versus picking one up.

Thor had some help from Iron Man but Tony specifically says he's making a heat seal so the energy from the blow obliterates the city instead of just cracking it. The more I think about it, the more it seems far out of proportion to everything else Thor has done in the MCU.

The Kree

Banned
I've been thinking, would you guys say that Thor destroying Sokovia in a single blow is the greatest pure strength feat in a comicbook movie? I can't remember anything that would compare from the Reeves movies. The only other feat I can think of that compares is Routh lifting the mountain of kryptonite but it seems to me that it'd be more difficult to basically blow up a city versus picking one up.

Thor had some help from Iron Man but Tony specifically says he's making a heat seal so the energy from the blow obliterates the city instead of just cracking it. The more I think about it, the more it seems far out of proportion to everything else Thor has done in the MCU.

Superman Returns is the greater feat of strength. He didn't just lift an island made of poisonous rock. He threw it into space hard enough that earth's gravity wouldn't bring it back down.

It seems like Thor is holding back most of the time and we haven't seen his full strength yet. Maybe he could have killed Hulk if he wanted to, but the Helicarrier would have gone with him.

guek

Banned
Superman Returns is the greater feat of strength. He didn't just lift an island made of poisonous rock. He threw it into space hard enough that earth's gravity wouldn't bring it back down.

It seems like Thor is holding back most of the time and we haven't seen his full strength yet. Maybe he could have killed Hulk if he wanted to, but the Helicarrier would have gone with him.

That's a good point, chucking a mountain fast enough to hit escape velocity is definitely a ridiculous feat

iosefe

he made it to the upper atmosphere, no? wouldn't that make it easier

of course making it that far with a mountain of Kryptonite speaks for it

Pachimari

Seems like James Gunn is no longer interested in directing a Thunderbolts movie. He had a Q&A on Facebook yesterday:

FAN: Once you finish telling your GOTG story, would you return to the MCU and helm something else? If yes, what is your top pick?

GUNN: Probably not, no. I'm not sure what's going on next but IF I chose to stay in the MCU I'd be playing solely with cosmic characters related to the Guardians-verse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom