• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fandangox

What are your thoughts on a possible joint Marvel/DC Community thread where fans of both can talk freely and openly about both company's output in movies, tv, games, comics, etc

(Cross-posting)

QBDGkTY.png

The Kree

Banned
What are your thoughts on a possible joint Marvel/DC Community thread where fans of both can talk freely and openly about both company's output in movies, tv, games, comics, etc

(Cross-posting)

LxA1I3y.gif

akIhlDU.gif

W6uY6Gq.gif

They're not on our level. Fall back and come see us when you've got get at least one good movie under your belt and at least three amazing actors named Chris each leading a franchise. Don't come back begging for handouts before then. You're not tall enough to get on this ride. You don't have the lung capacity to breath this air. Y'all lower case g's. Sorry. (Not really sorry.)

TDLink

The film universes are from different companies with different fans and different tones. They don't need a megathread. They can each have their own. There's enough Marvel vs DC crap in almost every other thread where one of those properties comes up.

I had a dream last night that I watched Dr. Strange in the movie theaters, but didn't stay for the post credit scenes, which one of them ended up being Dr. Doom.

Then again, in the same dream, somehow Ben Affleck wasn't cast as Batman anymore. That's why we call them dreams, I guess.

Jonogunn

I had a dream last night that I watched Dr. Strange in the movie theaters, but didn't stay for the post credit scenes, which one of them ended up being Dr. Doom.

Then again, in the same dream, somehow Ben Affleck wasn't cast as Batman anymore. That's why we call them dreams, I guess.

More like nightmares amirite

tomtom94

And now all I can imagine is Ben Affleck as Doom.

How is the process with Vin and Bradley Cooper this time around? As I understood it, they came in later in GotG1 after all the mocap was done to lend their voices.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
How is the process with Vin and Bradley Cooper this time around? As I understood it, they came in later in GotG1 after all the mocap was done to lend their voices.

think it's pretty much the same. Not sure how much work Vin has if Groot is just a baby for the movie but obviously still involved. Haven't heard Gunn mention anything about Cooper yet

Quick

Banned
From what I remember about the production process with GOTG, there wasn't really a lot of talk regarding Bradley Cooper's involvement.

It was really just, "Bradley Cooper voices Rocket."

I only really remember one interview where he talks about the movie, and it was about a minute long or something.

Just a funny exchange on the Cap 3: Civil War commentary (which consisted of the directors and writers) at the end of the movie, right when Cap goes to the Raft and saves the other Avengers and the credits start:

Joe Russo: All I can say is that I cannot wait to put Chris Evans in the Nomad outfit.

Anthony Russo, Stephen McFeely, and Christopher Markus all laugh

Joe: I really, I just.... I can't wait.
Stephen McFeely: He just got back from his fitting, right?
Christopher Markus: Yeah, you cut it all the way down to the belly button.
Joe: Yeah. No, went past the navel.
Markus: Just a hint of things to come down there.
Joe: There's a lot of character in that chest of Chris's.

AMUSIX

A bit random, but stemming from a discussion I had with a friend about the whole idea that there's an escalating threat in action movies, and that it's become all about the heroes trying to stop THE END OF THE WORLD! I came up with this scale of what is at stake in each movie of the MCU. Surprisingly few fit into the 'end of the world' category:

Essentially, this list is "What would happen if our heroes fail?" ordered from least bad to worst.

Captain America: Civil War – Bucky is killed
Iron Man – Stark Industries continues doing what it’s been doing for decades
Iron Man 2 – Drones murder thousands of people
The Incredible Hulk – The Abomination destroys more of New York
Ant-Man – New era of military technology in hydra’s hands
Iron Man 3 – President is killed/Vice President takes power
Captain America – Hydra wins WWII
Captain America: The Winter Soldier – Hydra murders millions/rules world
Thor – Asgard is ruled by Loki
The Avengers – The world is occupied/enslaved by Loki’s forces
Age of Ultron – Earth is destroyed
Guardians of the Galaxy – Xandar is destroyed
Thor: The Dark World – All nine realms destroyed/plunged into darkness

So, about half of them fall into the whole "threat to the world" category, though there are some residual issues that could happen with the others. Any I got wrong?

BLACKLAC

Any I got wrong?

Some corrections.

Thor: Loki didn't want to rule Asgard, just wanted to prove himself to his father, had Loki won he would have committed genocide against the Frost Giants. Odin would still be king.

Iron Man 2: The drones were controlled by Ivan Vanko and he specifically wanted Tony dead.

Edit: There are also multiple bad outcomes for a lot of these like for example The Incredible Hulk: Ross had Banner dead to rights, if it wasn't for Blonsky what would be the outcome?

Like always, strange half-truths that re repeated and repeated until they become the truth.

Part of the game. This is why everyone pays attention to critical reception (RT), easy to ignore whining from random people on the internet when a film is a critical home run.

AMUSIX

Loki wanted his father's respect, but, really, Loki has always been after a throne (Avengers was him settling for the throne of Midgard). But I did forget about Jotunheim, so that should bump it up a touch, since that's a destruction of a world.

With Iron Man 2, yeah I guess if Tony had failed and died, that would be the end of it, though I think the people at the Expo were still in danger, especially with the exploding drones (Vanko seeing the Stark Expo as a representation of the family he hates?)

SpaceWolf

Banned
I recall reading something about Wasp being considered at one point for Civil War.

Yeah, it's bit like Joss Whedon planning to have Captain Marvel and Spiderman at the end of Age of Ultron.

When it comes to the concept stage, Marvel initially tends to shoot for the moon in terms of the amount of characters they plan to include.

Yeah, it's bit like Joss Whedon planning to have Captain Marvel and Spiderman at the end of Age of Ultron.

When it comes to the concept stage, Marvel initially tends to shoot for the moon in terms of the amount of characters they plan to include.
So we'll maybe get some Infinity War concept art in 2019 with Daredevil fighting alongside them...

guek

Banned
I'm pretty bummed Sharon didn't end up at the airport fight after being so heavily promoted in the concept art.

Neoxon

I'm pretty bummed Sharon didn't end up at the airport fight after being so heavily promoted in the concept art.
She mainly replaced Scarlet Witch in the promotional art & most merchandise, likely due to the feud between Marvel Entertainment & Fox. It's weird considering that Wanda still got some merch despite this.

Seeming as if before Spider-Man came aboard the airport scene went down differently. Tony recruits Scott to work with him.

Other change from promotional and concept art is Cap's second uniform with the scales.

mreddie

CraQ0P2WcAANxJX.jpg

Is that Wasp above Sharon Carter?

So before Lilly was pregnant and Spidey,

Team Stark: Tony, BP, Rhodey, Widow, Ant-Man, Wasp, Vision
Team Cap: Cap, Buck, Falcon, Hawkeye, Wanda, Sharon

Yeah, Wasp/Sharon getting replaced by Spidey seemed like a fair trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom