• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is indeed. Got the Cap sleeve, listening to the commentary right now. Mostly stuff I've heard e.g. plans if they hadn't got Civil War but it's still interesting.

guek

Banned
waiting for the steelbook to finally be released in the states

9EuG8bg3yzhzq.gif

I NEEDS IT

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Man, I hate it so much that this stupid Steelbook is Zavvi exclusiv. I want it. Like now.
I cant import it, since I cant take a free day to drive to the office to pax taxes since they have their depository on Guersey...

Why is anything exclusive to Zavvi in 2016. Any trial Zavvi has taken they have surely failed?

Also lol I heard "Netflix" on the commentary and desperately rewound but they were just talking about distribution methods for films..

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I cant believe that they really adapt Shocker 1:1.
Would have guessed that they go with Ultimate Electro.

The only thing that is now needed is are Goblins that wear an actuall Goblin mask.

The duffel bag makes me think of Heat. A crazy superpowered street shootout/heist would be a cool action scene

I cant believe that they really adapt Shocker 1:1.
Would have guessed that they go with Ultimate Electro.

The only thing that is now needed is are Goblins that wear an actuall Goblin mask.
This is Marvel. What was the last time they failed to accurately adapt a costume?

A quick comparison between the scope and IMAX versions of Civil War for those who've never seen the latter:
hA2ZsvX.gif

SgNRSGL.gif

Wanted to do a moving shot to emphasize the use of the vertical space a bit more. The airborne action especially benefits a lot from the vertical information.

Pachimari

I almost can't see a difference. I guess the IMAX footage on top is wider, but nothing I would need to see.

That scene is awesome and looks nice anyway.

Neoxon

I almost can't see a difference. I guess the IMAX footage on top is wider, but nothing I would need to see.

That scene is awesome and looks nice anyway.
The difference was more obvious in the theater, & probably will be noticeable when you watch it on your TV.

But I won't notice the difference, if I didn't watch it in an IMAX theatre to start with anyway? :)
The IMAX version is the taller one. And you will see a difference because the picture will fill out vertically when you get to an IMAX section. The whole movie is not shot in IMAX, so it changes aspect ratio.

Quick

Banned
IMAX is the bottom gif.

Truthfully, I don't notice anything particularly that stands out with that scene in the gif, but a better example may be the exterior airport fight scene.

That was the case for the Guardians Blu-Ray, but I'm not sure about Civil War.
Same for Civil War.

Some more comparisons, once again, top is scope, bottom is IMAX:

Personally, I really can't go back to the scope version. The framing is so much better in the IMAX version of that scene. (Might be a glitch at the start of each loop, accidentally left some frames behind from previous shots apparently.)

Neoxon

Same for Civil War.

Some more comparisons, once again, top is scope, bottom is IMAX:

Personally, I really can't go back to the scope version. The framing is so much better in the IMAX version of that scene. (Might be a glitch at the start of each loop, accidentally left some frames behind from previous shots apparently.)
Could you post the IMAX version of the shot where Team Stark & Team Cap all line up?

Jonogunn

^ it occurred to me watching this again that there was a huge part of that fight scene where vision wasn't shown at all. He was at the beginning of the fight scene where they line up and then not scene again until ant-man turns into giant man. Wtf was he doing? Who was he fighting? Who the f on team stark could even fight him besides Scarlett witch?

Mafro

There's some brilliant looking concept art in the Dr Strange feature on the Civil War Blu-ray. That film is going to look so good.

Eldren

There's some brilliant looking concept art in the Dr Strange feature on the Civil War Blu-ray. That film is going to look so good.

I need to check that out later. I thought the trailer looked gorgeous on my giant TV, I really think it's going to be pretty special. Super excited for Giacchino's score too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom