• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eldren

Did the creator of the gif alter the aspect ratio to make it look more like a film?

They probably wanted to get rid of the TV-whatever rating at the top and the #AgentsOfShield and ABC logo at the bottom.

Yep

4g6ztw60bykx.gif

The wheels look great. One day I'll eventually get around to actually watching this show.

inky

I can remember a few (Driving with the top down, Taking a Stand, Iron Man 3's credit sequence) but only the last one has somewhat of a clear theme that you can readily whistle (and it's more of a Shane Black oddity and not something informed by the movie). And to do that you'd have to have listened to them a million times like I have, because I agree they are not all that memorable.

Civil War was such a letdown in that regard. There wasn't anything there at all and it was such a shame. Another great video from that amazing channel.

guek

Banned
There's some great music in the MCU, it's just that the films don't always utilize them well. I actually think the first Avengers is one of the few good examples alongside Cap 1, Winter Soldier, and Ant-Man. I also have a soft spot for Doyle's Thor theme and Can You Dig It from IM3. The rest though are indeed quite forgettable.

exYle

Music is the last resort where they need to improve.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Are you saying that MCU movies are so terrible that they need to improve literally everything else before they try and get better music? Or are MCU movies mostly solid except for their soundtracks?

Eldren

Ant-Man is probably my favourite score, and the main theme is definitely my favourite track. I know a few from Winter Soldier and GotG too but I think the OSTs overall are a glaring weakness. Hopefully Giacchino brings the goods for Strange.

The clip of Guardians in the supplementary video is interesting, I never actually caught that Avengers similarity. Hopefully the sequel has more scenes like the one where Gamora and Quill are floating in space, which Tyler Bates scored before James Gunn actually filmed it. I thought that was neat.

guek

Banned
Maybe the reason I'm so forgiving about music in the MCU is because I've always had an uncanny knack for remembering tunes. I can sing back the majority of the character themes from phase 1, even from movies I haven't rewatched a million times like Incredible Hulk. I can even remember stuff like the different X-men themes even though I'm not the biggest fan of those movies. I found the Civil War score incredibly mediocre but can still hum the main airport battle motif. Remembering tunes is one of the random, useless skills I possess.

guek

Banned
I like how literally no one responded to that Ghost Rider pic haha! I need to see it in motion
It looks good. I like the subtle reference to the flame helmet design from the comics on the top of the skull. Hive looked good too though for the 30s we saw him. Hopefully Ghost Rider actually shows up consistently.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
The Punisher: Ben Barnes Joins Netflix's Latest Marvel Spinoff as Series Regular

Frank Castle, meet thy enemy?

Netflix’s latest Marvel spinoff, The Punisher, has cast English actor Ben Barnes (The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian) in a series-regular role opposite Jon Bernthal’s titular vigilante, TVLine has learned exclusively. Character info is sketchy, but one rumor making the rounds has Barnes — who will next be seen in HBO’s big-budget Westworld — portraying antagonist Bobby Saint, the corrupt crime prodigy played in the 2004 film by James Carpinello.

A Netflix rep declined to comment.

Barnes’ stateside TV credits also include playing Sam Adams in the 2015 History miniseries Sons of Liberty.

guek

Banned
Goddamnit, Best Buy. I get a text telling me to pick up my CW steelbook and when I get there, they say it doesn't release until tomorrow. Don't send the text if you can't hand over the goods! >:-(

I know this is an impossible dream of mine. But I really hope that the rest of Phase 3 is as great as Civil War. From what I've been seeing of the future MCU movies, they all look like they might have the possibility of turning out great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom