• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceWolf

Banned
A NEW ACTOR APPROACHES...

forestwhitaker990.jpg

Forest Whitaker joins Marvel's Black Panther.

Pretty thrilled about this. Whitaker's always been one of my absolute favourite actors, it's been great to see how much work he's been getting as of late.

What with all the phenomenal actors getting involved in Dr Strange, Spiderman: Homecoming and Thor: Ragnarok, Marvel's casting game really seems to have stepped up for Phase 3.

Neoxon

A NEW ACTOR APPROACHES...

forestwhitaker990.jpg

Forest Whitaker joins Marvel's Black Panther.

Pretty thrilled about this. Whitaker's always been one of my absolute favourite actors, it's been great to see how much work he's been getting as of late.

What with all the phenomenal actors getting involved in Dr Strange, Spider-Man: Homecoming and Thor: Ragnarok, Marvel's casting game really seems to have stepped up for Phase 3.
If I had to guess, Marvel Studios getting away from Perlmutter allowed Feige to go balls-out in terms of casting instead of having to be super-careful about the budget.

BLACKLAC

Kate Beckinsale "Marvel Is Doing Something With Blade"
http://comicbook.com/marvel/2016/10...thing-with-blade-according-to-kate-beckinsal/
Kate Beckinsale — who plays vampire warrior Selene in the vampires versus werewolves franchise — was asked about a crossover with Blade (a.k.a. Eric Brooks), Marvel's most powerful vampire hunter.

"No. We had that idea. No," Beckinsale replied before dropping some tantalizing Blade information. "They're busy. They're doing something with Blade."

Go HAM and put it on HBO

I haven't seen a ton of Netflix original stuff (and I haven't even seen past 1/2 though Jessica Jones, shame on me) but is there really any reason that they'd have to go with HBO to go HAM instead of just staying on Netflix?

I mean, Kingpin smashed a dude's head with a car door so bad it tore off of his body in Daredevil, I don't know how much more gruesome Blade could get unless they regularly like pull out people's guts or something, and even then does Netflix have a violence/gore limit? They have American Horror Story and Season 5 of that has some of the most fucking grizzly disgusting horrific gore I've ever seen.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Could be something, probably nothing.

Jeph Loeb On Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. & Netflix Crossover: ‘Stay Tuned’

During the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. panel at New York Comic-Con, Marvel TV head Jeph Loeb responded to a question on the topic, simply saying, “Fair question. The answer is: Stay tuned.” In a roundtable interview with Screen Rant, Loeb additionally commented on the subject of an Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. crossover with the Netflix universe:
I get in trouble every single time I say this, which is #ItsAllConnected. But trust me when I say #ItsAllConnected and that’s about all I can say on it at this time.

Elaborating on the difficulties of making sure everything in the MCU is connected and crafting crossovers, Loeb said:
One of the things that’s a challenge and it’s unlike the movie studio because the movie studio is making all of the movies for one place and that’s the theaters. The theater owners don’t get to say well we don’t want Spider-Man to be in Captain America — in that particular case Sony and Marvel had to work that out so that could happen. But in the case of what we do, we have networks to consider and that’s a conversation [for] ABC and Netflix — and now we have shows at Hulu and Freeform and FX [as well]. So it just becomes a question of once it starts, what have we unleashed? But it’s certainly a topic of conversation.

duckroll

"But in the case of what we do, we have networks to consider and that’s a conversation [for] ABC and Netflix — and now we have shows at Hulu and Freeform and FX [as well]."

Translation: "Lol no."

shingi70

Banned
Who would a crossover actually hurt. Free from and ABC are owned by disney, and Netflix gets the APS seasons anyway. Like Huku seems the only place where a crossover would be problematic.

Hayley Atwell is officially returning as fan-favorite Agent Carter. However, this time she will be voicing an animated version.

Marvel Animation announced that they will welcome Marvel’s very own Hayley Atwell back to the beloved role as SSR’s greatest asset as the voice of Agent Carter on Marvel’s Avengers: Secret Wars.

In Atwell's episode, past and present collide as Howard Stark and Peggy Carter team-up with Iron Man and Captain America to stop Kang the Conqueror.

http://comicbook.com/2016/10/08/hayley-atwell-returning-as-agent-carter/

*sigh*

Quick

Banned
That bottom one tho

I wish Ghost Rider went to Netflix. :[

Agreed. Only two episodes into season 4 and Ghost Rider's already pretty great.

And it would be nice to break away from New York if they want to keep Robbie in LA. Maybe post-Defenders, Marvel/Netflix begin exploring the West Coast.

guek

Banned
I haven't seen a ton of Netflix original stuff (and I haven't even seen past 1/2 though Jessica Jones, shame on me) but is there really any reason that they'd have to go with HBO to go HAM instead of just staying on Netflix?

I mean, Kingpin smashed a dude's head with a car door so bad it tore off of his body in Daredevil, I don't know how much more gruesome Blade could get unless they regularly like pull out people's guts or something, and even then does Netflix have a violence/gore limit? They have American Horror Story and Season 5 of that has some of the most fucking grizzly disgusting horrific gore I've ever seen.

My presumption is HBO would offer a bigger budget

We got Frank Castle literally impaling someone with a stake.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLz8GMZHmqc
J5PcHcq.gif

I think Blade's gore would be just fine

Shaanyboi

Banned
So I've had to keep quiet about this for awhile. Guess it's announced now though!

Hayley Atwell to Voice Peggy Carter in Marvel’s Avengers: Secret Wars

For her part, Atwell has expressed a desire to return to the role on multiple occasions since Agent Carter’s cancellation. Well, it turns out that she’s going to get her wish, just not how one might expect. As revealed during today’s Marvel Animation Panel at NYCC, Atwell has signed on to voice Peggy Carter in the Disney XD animated series Marvel’s Avengers: Secret Wars.

SpaceWolf

Banned

Yoooooooooo!

This gets me so excited!

I honestly think at this point I'm more pumped up to see The Defenders finally team up than The Avengers.

Is the guy from Walking Dead any good as The Punisher?

He's phenomenal. His performance was one of the very few good things about Daredevil Season 2 for me.

EDIT: Woke up today to the news that Sigourney fuckin Weaver is going to be the main villain in The Defenders as well as a brand new Iron Fist trailer...what a time to be alive!

Now come on there is NO WAY they'd bankroll Weaver just for a TV series! I firmly believe that this is setting up a link between film and TV.

Sigourney Weaver deserves to be a BIG bad.... I saw one interesting theory that actually claimed she'd play a gender-swapped Mephisto, which would really be something. Maybe she's behind the machinations of The Hand? The Devil often being referred to as "The Beast" in ancient writings.

I know obviously you'd never pit one of the street-level heroes against such a threat, but I mean they'd have to unite to fight something bigger than any one of them.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Might check it him out once the spin off is out on Netflix.

I really liked Thomas Jane as The Punisher.,

Dude, trust me, I'm right there with you. I absolutely adored Thomas Jane as The Punisher, so much so I recently wrote a thread about the 2004 film (http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1139726) I never expected anyone to top Jane's performance as Castle, but Bernthal totally nails it.

You should definitely give him a chance.

Mafro

Hayley Atwell is officially returning as fan-favorite Agent Carter. However, this time she will be voicing an animated version.

Marvel Animation announced that they will welcome Marvel’s very own Hayley Atwell back to the beloved role as SSR’s greatest asset as the voice of Agent Carter on Marvel’s Avengers: Secret Wars.

In Atwell's episode, past and present collide as Howard Stark and Peggy Carter team-up with Iron Man and Captain America to stop Kang the Conqueror.

http://comicbook.com/2016/10/08/hayley-atwell-returning-as-agent-carter/

*sigh*
That's one hell of a horrible clickbait title for that article.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom