• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the minority (might just be me actually) who hates the Netflix Punisher. Hated the way that actor delivered his dialogue and blubbered like a baby.

Litan

The scenes where he cried while talking about his family drove me nuts, humanizing the Punisher is pretty much the antithesis of why I like the character. As I said though, I'm in the minority.
You for real? Humanising him instead of just making him a heartless killing machine was one of the best thing the Netflix crew did with the character. I say this as a huge fan of Ennis' Max run.
The core of the character is still there.

The scenes where he cried while talking about his family drove me nuts, humanizing the Punisher is pretty much the antithesis of why I like the character. As I said though, I'm in the minority.
gMr3Rva.gif

SpaceWolf

Banned

First time I think I've ever seen someone actually CRITICIZING an adaptation for attempting to humanize a comic character by adding much needed emotional nuance and depth in their characterization as opposed to just presenting said character as a bland, utterly unengaging archetype.

Not even die-hard Batman fans resented Bruce's "blubbering" when he ended up losing Rachel in The Dark Knight because they felt it made him look "less Batman" or whatever.

Whoa shit, a lot of responses there. I'm not trying to crap on your guys opinions, I just like Frank as a dumb action hero. When they brought in the emotional stuff I just found myself zoning out.

Jonogunn

The hype with seeing the defenders brings me back to the avengers hype feel.

As much as I want to see iron fist in the back of my mind the entire time watching Luke cage was the defenders.

When Clair was mentioning that she knows a lawyer I legit thought Matt Murdock was gonna show up and was ready to lose my shit.

I think the defenders will bring the hype of the Netflix shows to exponential hype levels the same way avengers did

The Kree

Banned
The hype with seeing the defenders brings me back to the avengers hype feel.

As much as I want to see iron fist in the back of my mind the entire time watching Luke cage was the defenders.

When Clair was mentioning that she knows a lawyer I legit thought Matt Murdock was gonna show up and was ready to lose my shit.

I think the defenders will bring the hype of the Netflix shows to exponential hype levels the same way avengers did

They won't be on screen all together at the same time until the last ten minutes of the final episode.

This doesn't hint at anything of the sort.
RIght? They just want to leave her debut down to her own film. They're not going to build up her getting the Wasp suit in a post-credits, then have a minute long scene in a very crowded Infinity War.
They won't be on screen all together at the same time until the last ten minutes of the final episode.

Nah, opening episode will be The Trial of Carl Lucas ft. Matt Murdock, believe.

The film inbetween infinity war will feel kinda awkward. I wonder if the films will be stand alone and have nothing to do with the infnity war, or will they be part of IW ongoing story.

RIght? They just want to leave her debut down to her own film. They're not going to build up her getting the Wasp suit in a post-credits, then have a minute long scene in a very crowded Infinity War.

Nah, opening episode will be The Trial of Carl Lucas ft. Matt Murdock, believe.

Nope, Foggy will be defending him.

Foggy sleeps with the bad ones now, it will be Matt.

Nelson and Murdock is no more, Hogarth hired Foggy, not Landman and Zack who were shuttered at the end of DD S1. I think Hogarth and the firm she's at are gonna be on the good guy's side more now.

Had another point but I think it's an early spoiler so I won't say it.

Not thread worthy, but I just saw thor dark world and thought it was pretty ok. Like way better than the first thor movie. I know it's a meme around here but what am I missing?

The Kree

Banned
Not thread worthy, but I just saw thor dark world and thought it was pretty ok. Like way better than the first thor movie. I know it's a meme around here but what am I missing?

You're not missing anything. It's an OK movie. Nothing offensive about it. It's just OK.

But it's not as good as The Dark Knight, so you could say it's the worst piece of shit ever made and a hundred manbaby edgelords would agree with you.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I think Matt is done being an actual lawyer and it felt like they were teasing having Foggy defend meta humans as a new part of his firm now.
Risario Dawson mentioned that she knows a lawyer that she is going to call to get Luke out of the jail and that wont be Foggy and Matt wont turn the favor down - And beside that people are wanting a Matt Murdoch Superhero lawyer scene. No way they are going to let this opporturnity go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom