• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Kree

Banned
He could use it for a lot of things, but probably won't.

It'd be great if at some point they would show some ripple effects of his messing with time. Weird anomalies in nature or something like in the 616 where time travel creates a parallel universe. Like if in the timeline where the apple stayed partially eaten The Ancient One lived and Palmer dies or something.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
One parallel universe which is next to all superheros filled with people with marvelous gifts from their genes who are feared and discriminated

TDLink

Avengers movies already had two. No reason Thor movies can't have two. It makes a lot more sense than Black Panther, which would put yet another gem on Earth rather than literally anywhere else.

Isn't the Soul gem going to be represented by the H in Thanos? Wasn't that a thing where is name represented each object the infinity stone was in or associated with. So Hela might have the soul gem for some reason?

SpaceWolf

Banned
Thor 3, Guardians Vol. 2, Black Panther or the next Avengers film are my best guesses. I would've said Captain Marvel, but that's after Infinity War Part 1.

James Gunn confirmed we wouldn't be seeing the Infinity Gem in Guardians 2.

The only gem left is the Soul Gem. It's not going to show up until Infinity War when Adam Warlock appears.

I doubt they're going to introduce a brand new character like Adam Warlock just for Infinity War.

Where should they introduce Warlock if not at the Climax of the fight with Thanos?

Probably because the climax of the Thanos fight won't be in Infinity War. I doubt he even gets to earth in that movie.

I do think Warlock will have the Soul Gem, it only makes sense, but I don't think we will see him until Avengers 4.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Warlock is already teased two times and he is the Ying to Thanos Yang.

Mmm...I don't think the cocoon is Guardian's can really be considered a tease, though. It was more like an easter-egg.

If they wanted to establish Warlock as "the Ying to Thanos' yang", I feel they would have already started to lay the groundwork for it. The film is going to be absurdly stuffed with characters as it is.

I kinda half think Infinity War might be about Thanos trying to get the stones and serve as an introduction to Warlock while the next Avengers film will be the Infinity Gauntlet proper.

That's sort of me just being hopeful (Adam Warlock is one of my favorite Marvel characters), but the fact that the Soul stone specifically is the last to be seen... I dunno. And for as much positing they have done about Infinity War and Avengers 4 not being "Part I" and "Part II" they're absolutely going to be closely related and Thanos ain't going down in Infinity War unless they just really get off on wasting villains.

And while Adam Warlock isn't apparently in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't hinted at like Star Lord's father was hinted at in the first Guardians of the Galaxy, what with Ayesha and all, and he could be further set up in Ragnarok, so it's not like there isn't time to set him up, there are like four movies in between now and Infinity War.

I lose sleep about what the whole deal with the two Avengers films is. Not really, but man they are so totally linked but they're not apparently continuous. WHY.

Secret Wars?
Civil War 2?
House of I?

I MUST KNOW.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
https://smtvreports.blogspot.com/2016/11/a-casting-call-for-black-panther-wants.html

In a recent casting call for Marvel Studios' upcoming film Black Panther it appears the film will have multiple cultures in it with some meddling government figures in its midst. The call wants African men, women, and children with Filipino and Korean men and women and also CIA agents too.

The casting calls makes it clear that it wants African men, women, and children to fill out the area of Wakanda, the homeland of Black Panther himself. The call also notes that for the Filipino and Korean men and women are for street scenes. For the CIA agents it wants people of all ethnicity with real world weapon history to play them.

The call also notes that the work involved for all will range from January to February of next year.

Filipinos and Koreans??

Same, & I could honestly see Wanda pushing Strange to do it (likely under the "We need every Avenger that we can get" argument).

Not familiar with the comics, would Strange need to be present at the time and location in order to go back in time? Or can he just do it whenever he wants, no matter what? Furthermore, wouldn't changing Quicksilver's death change possible future outcomes, i.e. Cap would have one more hero on his side during Civil War.

Neoxon

Not familiar with the comics, would Strange need to be present at the time and location in order to go back in time? Or can he just do it whenever he wants, no matter what? Furthermore, wouldn't changing Quicksilver's death change possible future outcomes, i.e. Cap would have one more hero on his side during Civil War.
While reviving Pietro via the Time Stone likely would change history to where Cap would have one more person on his side, I doubt that it would have changed the events of Civil War very much. But yeah, I would imagine that screwing with history would have side-effects (as implied by Wong).

The Kree

Banned

No, it doesn't have to work like that. We saw him change the apple, repair the book, and revive Wong independently of everything else. Repairing the book didn't undo the summoning of Dormammu. And we saw him disconnect Wong from the widescale reversal of time during the final battle. Bringing Quicksilver back doesn't have to change anything else that happened. Time manipulation worked on both the micro and macro in this movie.

I'm just wondering why people think Wanda would stop at Pietro and not ask for her parents back or all of Sokovia.

richiek

Is this how the Vulture will look in Spider-Man: Homecoming?

ti19uee.jpg

Neoxon

No, it doesn't have to work like that. We saw him change the apple, repair the book, and revive Wong independently of everything else. Repairing the book didn't undo the summoning of Dormammu. And we saw him disconnect Wong from the widescale reversal of time during the final battle. Bringing Quicksilver back doesn't have to change anything else that happened. Time manipulation worked on both the micro and macro in this movie.

I'm just wondering why people think Wanda would stop at Pietro and not ask for her parents back or all of Sokovia.
Good point, though it could fall under them needing every Avenger that they can get (as mentioned earlier).

Is this how the Vulture will look in Spider-Man: Homecoming?

ti19uee.jpg
Looks pretty close to the concept art from SDCC. I guess we'll find out if this is legit when the first trailer drops.

richiek

From the Russo bros' Instagram account:

T8W3yMu.jpg

So I'm guessing the Sanctum Sanctorum will appear in Infinity War?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom