• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://theplaylist.net/ryan-reynold...-sequel-surprising-link-guardians-2-20161114/

This is interesting. So supposedly, Fox owns the rights to Ego the Living Planet, not Marvel. They made a deal so that Negasonic Teenage Warhead could be in Deadpool.

Owing to their superficial reasons for adding Negasonic Teenage Warhead to the “Deadpool” cast in the first place, Reese and Wernick elected to eschew essentially everything but the character’s name in the film script, even imbuing her with an entirely different set of powers (in the comics, she is psychic as opposed to literally explosive). For that, Fox was forced to get the okay from Marvel Studios, initiating a superhero swap between the studios whose results will next be seen in James Gunn‘s “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2.” “Kurt Russell [‘s Ego the Living Planet] in the new ‘Guardians’ movie was the character that Fox swapped with Marvel to [change] Negasonic Teenage Warhead powers,” explained Wernick.

So NTW was really different than her comic version that they had to deal with Marvel Studios? But if Marvel Studios can't make X-men movies why do they care how different she is? >.>

icespide

Banned
finally saw Doctor Strange yesterday and... I hate to say it but I thought it was pretty mediocre. Even I am growing weary of the Marvel formula at this point, though I suspect the fact that this was an origin story made the whole thing feel especially routine.

BLACKLAC

Feige getting shit done.
i5ZLHjm.png

mreddie

Among us hide...

I really should get rid of Damage Control. Seems D.O.A.

Yeah but if Powerless gets any traction, we might see it pushe...nah, it done.

Can't believe Black Panther is gonna start filming now along with Infinity and yet, we have heard nothing from Ant-Man 2.

bananas

Banned
Yeah but if Powerless gets any traction, we might see it pushe...nah, it done.

Can't believe Black Panther is gonna start filming now along with Infinity and yet, we have heard nothing from Ant-Man 2.
Avengers is filming both movies back to back, so that would explain the early start, and BP was originally scheduled for 2017, so it might be a holdover from that.

Eldren

Among us hide...

I just realised something. I've always thought phase 2 was longer than phase 1, but looking at this I couldn't work out why they had the same number of logos. Then I realised it's because I completely ignore Incredible Hulk. Oops.

Anyway, Westworld has got me super excited to see Tessa Thompson in Ragnarok. I really can't wait for some teasers for that.

richiek

tUl4cuj.jpg

The Russos posted this scouting location pic for Infinity War, but then deleted it.

Some have speculated that the reason for this is that this is actually Latveria.

BLACKLAC

Black Panther.

Ludwig Göransson (Creed) will be the composer, Rachel Morrison (Dope) the cinematographer and Hannah Beachler (Moonlight) will be doing the production design.

Pachimari

I have been watching Season 2 of Agent Carter these last few months, and I have to say it is much improved upon the first season. The characters are interesting and all have plots, while the overall arc of Isodyne, Roxxon and dark matter is super intruiging. I love Whitney Frost as the villain, and Dottie Underwood is once again sublime. All of this makes it hurt even more, that it wasn't renewed for Season.

Now that I'm back on GAF, I can also share my short impression of Doctor Strange which I went to watch at the premiere. And while it was a good origin story, the movie in itself was rather mediocre. His transition into Doctor Strange is especially fast, and while the Dark Dimension looked crazy good with nice 3D effects, the whole thing was much less a spectacle than I expected. It was the usual Kung fu fighting and running up the side of walls and creating these portals. These encounters and villain just wasn't all that interesting. I liked The Ancient One and
was truly sad to see her go
, Rachel McAdams did a great job as Christine and really balanced out the movie. But
Mordos transition
is happening too fast, and I was pretty disappointed in the look of
Dormammu
. Although the third act was greater than most of the MCU.

All in all, it was a mediocre by-the-books film, and I didn't really like Doctor Strange's arrogance. The cape was a sure fire star though.

Caboose

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpWYtXtmEFQ

Here's an interesting video analyzing the MCU films problems with visuals.

According to the video, it has to do them getting lazy when it comes to color grading.

I do agree with most of it, like Marvel puts some sort of fog filter over the lens sometimes, I do wish they'd punch up the contrast a little sometimes.

Like in Civil War the big fight, grey airport, grey tarmac, grey skies. It just needs a little extra.

Jonogunn

The soul gem better not be on earth. Stupid how so many of the infinity stones end up there one way or another

So far they already had/have 3/6 stones on earth + the mind gem that was brought to them.

I would like to hear a reason in one of the future movies as to why earth is such a popular place amongst a vast universe.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Because #reasons. Its like asking how Captain America was able to be frozen in ice for 70 years.

Edit: They will say "Earth is a special place", like they do in the books and everyone moves forward with their stuff.

Jonogunn

Because #reasons. Its like asking how Captain America was able to be frozen in ice for 70 years.

Edit: They will say "Earth is a special place", like they do in the books and everyone moves forward with their stuff.

That's enough for me. I would just like to hear any reason as to why earth sticks out from the thousands of other more advanced planets out there.

And fuck. After watching that video about the MCU color grading I can't not think of it anymore when I watch the movies.

It really is a shame that they don't have memorable scores though. Such a huge missed opportunity.

richiek

The notion that they'd put Latveria into screenplays before securing the rights to use it is, uh, foolish.

The Russos added Spider-Man to the Civil War screenplay even though Marvel didn't get the rights from Sony yet.

http://www.cbr.com/anthony-russo-reveals-spider-man-was-always-plan-a-for-captain-america-civil-war/

“From the second we had the idea to do the story of ‘Civil War,’ Spider-Man was a part of the story,” he explained. “It was a very complicated business arrangement for Marvel Studios to be able to use Spider-Man from Sony. So, we were always told by Marvel, ‘Don’t count on it, you may not get to use Spider-Man, so you better have a plan B.’ And we were like, ‘Okay, we get it, we have a plan B if don’t get Spider-Man; we’ll figure the movie out.’ But the truth is, we never had a plan B. We only have envisioned the movie with Spider-Man. He was always a part of the story. It was very important to us to reintroduce the character.”

jph139

That's enough for me. I would just like to hear any reason as to why earth sticks out from the thousands of other more advanced planets out there.

My idea is that it's because Earth is Asgard's pet planet. Asgard is a huge famous intergalactic society - even the Collector respects them - and most Infinity Fuckery is a direct result of Asgardian nonsense.

Odin left the Cube there, stuck the Dark Elf Red Goop nearby, and Loki brought the Mind Gem.

Earth is "that shithole where Odin's family keeps slumming it."

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
My idea is that it's because Earth is Asgard's pet planet. Asgard is a huge famous intergalactic society - even the Collector respects them - and most Infinity Fuckery is a direct result of Asgardian nonsense.

Odin left the Cube there, stuck the Dark Elf Red Goop nearby, and Loki brought the Mind Gem.

Earth is "that shithole where Odin's family keeps slumming it."

So it's a bit like how the Star Wars films are just the events of the Skywalker family doing shit.

But the MCU films are just the result of Thor, Odin, and Loki's doing shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom