• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why was Brie Larson the right fit?

With Captain Marvel, who has powers that approach a level that we haven’t seen before in our films, you need to counter- balance that by finding somebody who is also very human and very relatable and can get into a groove with the audience, where they’re willing to see her fly through the sun and punch a moon away from a spacecraft. At the same time, we need her to land and have relatable flaws.

Brie is a person you’re going to want to go on this journey with, just like Benedict or Robert or Chris Pratt.

Yes, please.

Watching Daredevil S2 with the GF, Got a feeling Season 3 will have Melvin Potter become Gladiator and do a poor job, Somewhat mirror the current Season of Arrow but with less training and more Daredevil having some false moral superiority.

The Kree

Banned
I would like to hear a reason in one of the future movies as to why earth is such a popular place amongst a vast universe.

Maybe the point is that it's not a popular or important place. Consider that we're so far down on the totem pole that Thanos would risk loaning Loki an Infinity Gem to take us down. On paper, earth is not really a threat to anyone.

If I were King Arthur, I'd hide the holy grail somewhere like Mississippi - a place no one wants to visit.

Earth is the Mississippi of space faring civilizations. In the comics many alien species and higher beings often wonder why so many intergalactic conflicts revolve around earthlings because we're that stunted a species in their eyes. (We know why - mostly because the reader is human and the message is that we're insignificant and precious, and our heroes even more so.)

SpaceWolf

Banned
It's my birthday today!

Kevin Feige, if you're reading this, I expect nothing less than consecutive Moon-Knight, She-Hulk, Miss Marvel and Squirrel Girl Netflix TV Series announcements as a birthday present.

Quick

Banned
It's my birthday today!

Kevin Feige, if you're reading this, I expect nothing less than consecutive Moon-Knight, She-Hulk, Miss Marvel and Squirrel Girl Netflix TV Series announcements as a birthday present.

2e9Sg.gif

El Topo

It's my birthday today!

Don't listen to him Kev. He wants movies instead.
Happy Birthday.

Avengers I have no problem biting the bullet:

The Vision -- he's so overpowered that he needs to be constantly indisposed so we don't constantly ask questions like "where was Vision when X was going down"

Winter Soldier -- his story has been told, he'll never assume the Cap mantle in the MCU, so he's cannon fodder.

War Machine -- should have been permanently jobbed in CA:CW. His character brings nothing to the table.

Scarlet Witch -- aka Deus Ex Machina with a pout. She is officially redundant with Strange on the scene. She probably survives because of diversity, but it would be better if she's off doing cosmic stuff after Infinity War, hopefully in her scarlet spandex onesie.

The Kree

Banned
I do not agree about Vision and Wanda. I need too see more wacky abilities and more raw power. Punching and kicking is mundane.

A writer with some skill and imagination can figure out how to make them work consistently. Strange came second, so he's the one who's redundant. Funny choice of words when half the team are martial artists.

Pachimari

Scarlet Witch is to me, the coolest of the bunch right now, and I need much more of her. Give her a solo, going deeper into her background in Sokovia, and how she was tortured into being an enhanced one. Or just drop the origin really, and let her go loose!

I do not agree about Vision and Wanda. I need too see more wacky abilities and more raw power. Punching and kicking is mundane.

A writer with some skill and imagination can figure out how to make them work consistently. Strange came second, so he's the one who's redundant. Funny choice of words when half the team are martial artists.
It's pretty obvious that Thanos will kill Vision for the mind stone.

jph139

If they can't get back the Fantastic Four rights they should make Vision a Silver Surfer expy. Wandering the universe with immense power, pondering existence, all that good stuff.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Yeah, Vision is toast. Thanos needs dat gem

I think Scarlet Witch is different enough from Strange that she's not redundant. Yeah, she does some magic-y stuff, but she also can control minds, which Strange can't do, and she flies better than Strange. That's enough differentiation right there.

The Kree

Banned
It doesn't, because it's not Death. The article says it's a design concept for one of Kaecilius' goons.

Unless they didn't go with it because it's too similar, in which case maybe it does.

Quick

Banned
I think if Winter Soldier ever gets a shield, it'll be the energy shield.

He'd have to pry it from Coulson's cold, dead, robo-hand.

I can already picture the scenario.

Cap: Bucky, a little help?

Bucky flies in and turns on his new energy shield, built into his newly made vibranium hand.

Cap: Whoah, where'd you get that?
Bucky: Thought it up myself.

A faint cry is heard. Cap and Bucky freeze for a moment, shrug it off and grab some ice cream.

Somewhere in a dark corner of the world, Coulson is crying loudly.

Pachimari

Pom Klementieff is getting in shape for Avengers: Infinity War. She's so damn cool. I can't even do the stuff she does with a boxing bag. So Mantis (and probably the whole Guardians gang as said earlier) will be in Infinity War.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom