• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonogunn

My idea is that it's because Earth is Asgard's pet planet. Asgard is a huge famous intergalactic society - even the Collector respects them - and most Infinity Fuckery is a direct result of Asgardian nonsense.

Odin left the Cube there, stuck the Dark Elf Red Goop nearby, and Loki brought the Mind Gem.

Earth is "that shithole where Odin's family keeps slumming it."

Dont forget the time gem. From what we know so far from doctor strange the time gem has been in the sorcerers' possession for a long time.

Quick

Banned
First Spider-Man: Homecoming Trailer To Debut With Rogue One: A Star Wars Story*
http://comicbook.com/2016/11/17/first-spider-man-homecoming-trailer-to-debut-with-rogue-one-a-st/

*Some salt required

Time to Spider dance!

KLKUP7b.gif

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
The Time Gem is basically the only stone that's been on Earth for a long time.

Odin hid the Space Gem on Earth to keep it safe (which didn't work out too well) and it's now back in Asgard.

Loki brought the Mind Gem to Earth while trying to get the Space Gem, then lost it there before it eventually got put into Vision.

The Reality Gem was brought to Earth by Malekith for a hot minute before being given to the Collector.

The Power Gem has never been to Earth. It was with the Collector and is now with Nova Corps.

The Soul Gem probably is with Hela and hasn't been to Earth yet.

BLACKLAC

Why would they do that when Guardians isn't even out yet? I don't think they'd want to overshadow GOTG 2 and they certainly don't need that much time to hype up the new Spider-Man movie.

Pretty sure both trailers will be in front of Rogue One. I don't see a problem here, they are not going to wait until Guardians releases to drop a Homecoming trailer and both films are different enough from each other.

Why would they do that when Guardians isn't even out yet? I don't think they'd want to overshadow GOTG 2 and they certainly don't need that much time to hype up the new Spider-Man movie.
They got 3 movies next year and Guardians releases just two months before Spidey. They gotta have marketing overlap. These types of movies get their first trailers like half a year before release too.

Geeky

Today was the first day in a couple of weeks where I was free to see a movie on my own and I REALLY wanted to see Dr. Strange in IMAX, but I was sad to see that Fantastic Beasts just released and kicked Dr. Strange out.

I saw it in a regular theater with some friends, but after that I wanted to see it in IMAX. The only theater showing up on the IMAX site is in Seattle. Is this normal for imax theaters? Rotate out every two weeks? Or only for big movies like Fantastic Beasts and I imagine Star Wars. The last time I went to an imax theater was for Avatar.

Today was the first day in a couple of weeks where I was free to see a movie on my own and I REALLY wanted to see Dr. Strange in IMAX, but I was sad to see that Fantastic Beasts just released and kicked Dr. Strange out.

I saw it in a regular theater with some friends, but after that I wanted to see it in IMAX. The only theater showing up on the IMAX site is in Seattle. Is this normal for imax theaters? Rotate out every two weeks? Or only for big movies like Fantastic Beasts and I imagine Star Wars. The last time I went to an imax theater was for Avatar.

Definitely see Dr. Strange in IMAX 3D, if you can. Worth it IMO.

Every theater is different, some of them only have one IMAX room and will replace older movies with new ones.

That's around the same time we heard about the XMen rumored reboot.

sorry

Pachimari

I doubt Marvel would do this
Yeah I know it's not gonna be a dark and serious film, though that's what I would have preferred. I'm fine with it just being a rather light hearted action blockbuster. I'm just excited too see all of our favorite heroes teaming up, and to see the dynamic between them all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom