• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand his decision. He would've made an awesome Drax, but then that'd be his 3rd consecutive role where he doesn't wear a shirt and I don't think Drax is a particularly meaty role in comparison to Khal Drogo and Conan.

I wouldn't mind seeing him getting a full-on superhero leading role at some point, though. I could see him as Namor if Universal ever actually goes ahead and makes that.

All hail the king thoughts SPOILERS
this is the first one shot I've watched and it was enjoyable seems very important to a possible iron man 4

It also had a very self aware humour in regards to the mandarin fan backlash

Also love the continuity with that nice little cameo at the end

this is the first one shot I've watched and it was enjoyable seems very important to a possible iron man 4

Yeah, the cameo was great. And it is obvious that Ben Kingsley was having a helluva good time with playing Trevor.

The last scene left kind of a bad taste in my mouth.

I wouldn't go so far as to call it homophobic, but it seemed to be treating homosexuality as inherently hilarious in a way I didn't really care for.

Vibranium

Banned
Tracksuit Vampires in the MCU, bro

BhVg3xyCEAAncCj.jpg:large

Holy cow, awesome!

We need that Hawkguy One-Shot with Renner in his apartment chilling with Pizza Dog/Lucky. Give him a chance to show he can be a charismatic and funny Clint. Have the Tracksuits show up too.

I wouldn't go so far as to call it homophobic, but it seemed to be treating homosexuality as inherently hilarious in a way I didn't really care for.

ill have to rewatch the scene after the movie I don't remember anything offensive maybe my Rockwell bias was blinding me

shield

Holy cow, awesome!

We need that Hawkguy One-Shot with Renner in his apartment chilling with Pizza Dog/Lucky. Give him a chance to show he can be a charismatic and funny Clint. Have the Tracksuits show up too.

That One-Shot would make perfect sense, we need to know what Hawkeye has been up to between Avengers 1 and 2 after all.

Holy cow, awesome!

That One-Shot would make perfect sense, we need to know what Hawkeye has been up to between Avengers 1 and 2 after all.

Now I'm totally expecting a Hawkguy short on the Guardian of the Galaxy DVD release.

Why with GotG? Because I expect that the Cap 2 DVD will have something Thor 2 related, and that means that GotG should have something Cap 2 related, and since Hawkeye is a member of SHIELD, and I haven't heard him being mentioned as being in this movie, it would be a nice way to give him some screen time before Avengers 2 hits theaters.

It's a seriously awesome One-Shot. I really hope they do an Iron Man 4 with the real Mandarin sooner than later and I really hope Kingsley reprises his role for it.

And I really hope that's not the last we see of the tracksuit vampires.

Prompto

Banned

I felt the same though it was still awesome seeing Sam Rockwell again. I hope he makes an appearance in one of the movies soon.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Just saw All Hail the King. Best Marvel One Shot yet. Entertaining as hell.

I have to wonder, were all the digs at CBS a reference to any tension between Paramount and Marvel/Disney for control of the MCU films. I'd have to imagine that Disney is pissed that Paramount logos are slapped on the Avengers & Iron Man 3 even though they contributed nothing.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Awesome that they're shooting in NYC. Would be pretty sweet to be walking around and see Daredevil on a rooftop. (Happened to my brother with the 70s Spider-Man.)

...and now i need to rewatch this...

Drew Pearce claimed on Twitter that that bit was intended to be "warmhearted," but it really feels to me more like
Hammer's newfound (I think) homo/bisexuality is being comically presented as an additional insult-to-injury humiliation on top of his being in prison. Maybe if the "not now, baby" bit hadn't been the punchline for the whole thing...

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Drew Pearce claimed on Twitter that that bit was intended to be "warmhearted," but it really feels to me more like
Hammer's newfound (I think) homo/bisexuality is being comically presented as an additional insult-to-injury humiliation on top of his being in prison. Maybe if the "not now, baby" bit hadn't been the punchline for the whole thing...

yeah but consider that that person may have been dominated and is acting that way to survive. Within the context of prison everyone isnt choosing to engage in homosexual behavior so i wouldn't take it that way while they were in jail. Things are different on the inside, and someone who's made the choice to survive that way inside of jail should not be compared to someone who lives that way of their own free choice outside of jail.

I wouldn't lump the two together, or draw a comparison, or say ok what are you saying in GENERAL about being gay from the example of an inmate since that is a sub-set of people who are gay, and a sub set of those inmates don't necessarily want to be gay they might be...getting raped/dominated by others for whatever reason and play that role as the woman/hooker to survive. It happens.

richiek

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/02/27/abc-marvel-avengers-age-of-ultron/

ABC to air AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON special next month.

An early glimpse of Marvel’s eagerly anticipated Avengers sequel will be on ABC next month.

The network will air Marvel Studios: Assembling a Universe, a one-hour specials that goes behind the scenes of the comic-media empire.

The special promises a “sneak peek” of an undisclosed nature from next year’s The Avengers: Age of Ultron, plus new footage from other Marvel Studios future theatrical releases — including April’s Captain America: The Winter Solider and August’s Guardians of The Galaxy.

3oak.jpg

Before anyone gets that excited (too late): It's a Marvel Studios special, not an Age of Ultron special. The press release only contains a brief mention of AoU; really, how much could they show beyond concept art given that filming just started?

Join stars from the Marvel Cinematic Universe, celebrity fans, filmmakers and pop culture icons for a world premiere primetime event on TUESDAY, MARCH 18 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Marvel Studios has pioneered and broken box-office records around the world, creating a cinematic universe unlike any other in pop culture history through its blockbuster films. Beginning with “Iron Man” in 2008 and continuing today through “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” on ABC and the theatrical release of “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” this April, the Marvel Cinematic Universe presents audiences with some of the most groundbreaking and dynamic storytelling that brings an unprecedented vision to the world of entertainment.

In this exclusive primetime documentary special, audiences will be taken further into the Marvel Cinematic Universe than ever before, offering viewers a front row seat to the inception of Marvel Studios, the record-breaking films, the cultural phenomenon, and further expansion of the universe by Marvel Television.

Marvel’s first television special documents the exciting story behind Marvel Studios and the Marvel Cinematic Universe, featuring exclusive interviews and behind-the-scenes footage from all of the Marvel films, the Marvel One-Shots and “Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” Viewers will walk a clear path through this amazing and nuanced universe, featuring sneak peeks at the future of “Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” on ABC, new footage from Marvel Studios upcoming theatrical releases, “Captain America: The Winter Solider” and “Guardians of The Galaxy,” and a sneak peek at the upcoming Marvel’s “The Avengers: Age of Ultron.”

“Marvel Studios: Assembling A Universe.” is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC’s selected HDTV format with a 5.1 channel surround sound. A TV parental guideline will be assigned closer to the airdate.

For more information on “Marvel Studios: Assembling A Universe,” visit marvel.com

richiek

Before anyone gets that excited (too late): It's a Marvel Studios special, not an Age of Ultron special. The press release only contains a brief mention of AoU; really, how much could they show beyond concept art given that filming just started?

I'm guessing interviews with the new cast? (James Spader, Elizabeth Olsen, Aaron Taylor Johnson)

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
For AoU, they probably have a short soundbite from Whedon about it. I'd be pleasantly surprised if they got new cast interviews... but they're not going to say much outside of, "Yeah, I'm glad to be on this project. It's going to be a blast! You ain't seen nothing yet!" etc.

Not surprising that ABC has zero desire to even mention the Netflix shows.

Even if they wanted to, there's really nothing to say about them. I guess show runner interviews about the general concept of them...

So that will be airing in place of a new episode of SHIELD, from the looks of it. I guess it's better than just outright taking another week off.

Not surprising that ABC has zero desire to even mention the Netflix shows.

ABC Television Studios is actually co-producing the Netflix series, which makes it a bit more odd that they're not mentioned here.

And yeah, I noticed that this is airing in SHIELD's time slot; there haven't even been three consecutive new episodes since November.

Whatever my frustrations with SHIELD in particular, the scheduling model of 22 episodes stretched out from September through May/June with numerous hiatuses really needs to die. Shorter seasons, later season premieres, splitting the season in two with an extended midseason hiatus - there are plenty of options that are better than this.

ABC Television Studios is actually co-producing the Netflix series, which makes it a bit more odd that they're not mentioned here.

And yeah, I noticed that this is airing in SHIELD's time slot; there haven't even been three consecutive new episodes since November.

Whatever my frustrations with SHIELD in particular, the scheduling model of 22 episodes stretched out from September through May/June with numerous hiatuses really needs to die. Shorter seasons, later season premieres, splitting the season in two with an extended midseason hiatus - there are plenty of options that are better than this.

Yeah the constant breaks are not doing that show any favors at all.

Young Pym, maybe?

That was my first thought, but the article said he isn't playing Pym. But maybe they are just guessing.

Patrick Wilson is joining Ant-Man, to be directed by Edgar Wright, in a role that is yet to be revealed. He was often brought up by speculators as a good choice for Hank Pym, the originator of the Ant-Man technology, but he won’t have that role in the film.

Wilson adds to the existing roster of Paul Rudd, Michael Douglas, Evangeline Lilly, and Michael Pena. Rudd is playing Scott Lang, at one point a thief and eventually the second Ant-Man, while Douglas is playing Pym.

Also, was Evengeline LIlly actually confirmed for a role? I thought she was just the latest casting rumor?

Edgar Wright assembling one helluva cast.

And the news of the Age of Ultron stuff being shown sets my heart a flutter. They could show nothing except for what design they are using for Ultron and I will be squealing like a little girl. Just show what he looks like, tell the world that he is going to kick ass from here to over there, and be done.

And yeah, it's old and shows next to nothing, but I still get goosebumps from the SDCC teaser for Avengers: Age of Ultron.

Bring it. Unleash the mecha god on us.

TDLink

Considering the special is only a few weeks before Winter Soldier, I fully expect at least 90% of it to be focused on that, with the majority of the rest about GotG. I really expect very very little for AoU.

Tom_Cody

Considering the special is only a few weeks before Winter Soldier, I fully expect at least 90% of it to be focused on that, with the majority of the rest about GotG. I really expect very very little for AoU.
I haven't been reading any speculation about it, but my guess is that it will focus on trying to boost Agents on Shield with the hype coming off of Winter Soldier. I mean, we are specially talking about a special that is airing on ABC. They need to right that ship somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom