• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
I haven't been reading any speculation about it, but my guess is that it will focus on trying to boost Agents on Shield with the hype coming off of Winter Soldier. I mean, we are specially talking about a special that is airing on ABC. They need to right that ship somehow.

kill off the two lab dorks, and skye, focus on Coulson leading a team of people that get shit done. Use the old Damage INC and anthology books for material instead of making up horrible organizations. AIM, Hydra, Hammer etc etc

kill off the two lab dorks, and skye, focus on Coulson leading a team of people that get shit done. Use the old Damage INC and anthology books for material instead of making up horrible organizations. AIM, Hydra, Hammer etc etc

I would be so happy if they killed off Skye and the other guy whose name I cant remember at the moment. Give Coulson a team of D level superpowered people and have them fight AIM and Hydra with the occasional random superpowerd villain thrown in.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Use the old Damage INC and anthology books for material instead of making up horrible organizations. AIM, Hydra, Hammer etc etc

I think the problem is there aren't any organizations. "Centipede" is just a project name that's been attached to this nebulous shadow group. For all we know it could be the Secret Empire or Agence Byzantine. But yeah, they need to do a better job at world building.

If they are going to link them with pre-established organizations like AIM or Hydra, they need to stop pussy-footing around with a reveal. At this point it's not going to be that exciting a reveal.

I would be so happy if they killed off Skye and the other guy whose name I cant remember at the moment. Give Coulson a team of D level superpowered people and have them fight AIM and Hydra with the occasional random superpowerd villain thrown in.

At that point, it's hardly a SHIELD show.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
I think the problem is there aren't any organizations. "Centipede" is just a project name that's been attached to this nebulous shadow group. For all we know it could be the Secret Empire or Agence Byzantine. But yeah, they need to do a better job at world building.

If they are going to link them with pre-established organizations like AIM or Hydra, they need to stop pussy-footing around with a reveal. At this point it's not going to be that exciting a reveal.

At that point, it's hardly a SHIELD show.

what are you talkin bout, Dazzler, Loki, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Quarterrmain, Iron Man, Dum Dum Duggan, Mockingbird. So on and so forth they are all shield agents plenty of heroes have worked for shield. The current roster needs a far lesser role they are not interesting outside of Coulson and maybe the pilot.

what are you talkin bout, Dazzler, Loki, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Quarterrmain, Iron Man, Dum Dum Duggan, Mockingbird. So on and so forth they are all shield agents plenty of heroes have worked for shield. The current roster needs a far lesser role they are not interesting outside of Coulson and maybe the pilot.

Yep, it actually really boggles my mind why they're not using AoS to introduce more hero agents like Bobbi Morse, and where the fuck is Clay Quartermain?

I wonder if they'll ever bring Dugan to modern MCU or they'll just leave him in WWII era. IIRC, the deleted Avengers scene of Cap looking at his old war buddies' files didn't include Dugan. Unless I'm horribly mistaken.

SHIELD has some great characters that can easily be done on a TV budget. Hopefully we see more of that when Hill becomes a regular.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces

I got hung up on the use of "superpowered"... which I wouldn't include most of them as being.

Anyway, you can have a show featuring A-list heroes and it'll still be bad if the writing doesn't hold up. We'd all be back here recasting the show.

Yep, it actually really boggles my mind why they're not using AoS to introduce more hero agents like Bobbi Morse, and where the fuck is Clay Quartermain?
They've stated numerous times how the show is a "slow burn" for better or worse. Also, they probably didn't know their first half was going to be as bad as it was.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
I got hung up on the use of "superpowered"... which I wouldn't include most of them as being.

Anyway, you can have a show featuring A-list heroes and it'll still be bad if the writing doesn't hold up. We'd all be back here recasting the show.

They've stated numerous times how the show is a "slow burn" for better or worse. Also, they probably didn't know their first half was going to be as bad as it was.

yeah i left out spider woman on purpose as well cause that rumor is just terrible...this slow burn is leaving a horrible taste in my mouth, go ahead and learn the same lesson the people at WB/CW had to with Arrow, that show has done a 180 and is about to have the whole damn DC universe on the show.

inky

I wonder if they'll ever bring Dugan to modern MCU or they'll just leave him in WWII era. IIRC, the deleted Avengers scene of Cap looking at his old war buddies' files didn't include Dugan. Unless I'm horribly mistaken.

He shows up in the Agent Carter short, so maybe in that series if it ever happens.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs

Isn't Dazzler with the X-Men?

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Unfortunately, they can't be used in the MCU.

kitty no, but im really wondering the status of dazzler.....i guess with her being a mutant her power source has to be different but i thought she was put on the team in the 80's but was created as an anti drug campaign comic.

minty_jpg

Is it known how they are going to refer to Scarlet Witch and Quick Silver (as far as mutants/inhumans) or are they going to ignore these terms?

show.

They are handcuffed to the movies, to which there are only 2 per year. Can't reveal on tv what is supposed to be a big reveal in the movies that haven't come out yet.

Hopefully with the Netflix shows, they will be able to expand now rapidly at the street level with crossovers from those shows, and after Cap 2, they should have a little more freedom to name drop and hit the ground running in s2.
Cap 2 might be the movie that opens lots of doors for AoS.
And remember that with the announcement of the Marvel Universe special, that delays the finale of AoS one more week, meaning at least 4 episodes after the theatrical release of Captain America 2.
They better not waste this opportunity to intertwine the two storylines.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Just saw Iron Man 3. Still hate this movie. By far the worst MCU Movie for me.

Someone mentioned here that they hinted in the Movie, that they will return to the War Machine instead of Iron Patriot in the future. Can somebody point out, where they do this? Noticed nothing regarding this.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
New character poster for Cap 2:

aut0.jpg

Is this movie nearing a record for movie posters?

How many posters do we have to complete the set so far?
How many more will there be between now and end of March?

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Is this movie nearing a record for movie posters?

How many posters do we have to complete the set so far?
How many more will there be between now and end of March?

Blu-Ray deleted scene: Fury yells "FIRE EVERYTHING" and the Helicarrier begins launching poster tubes.

J10

Banned
Pretty sure everyone has a multi-film contract now just so Marvel can cover their bases.

Not sure what bases they're covering. Weaving just walked away. Norton and Howard got canned. Only thing these contracts seem to be good for is the dollar amount on them.

Where in Reddit did you find it?

I originally came across it on the GotG board on IMDB, the link took me to a Transformers fan page where the poster there said he got it on Reddit. I'm on my phone at work, so I'm a little hand tied as far as investigating it further. The fact that there's no information whatsoever on the photo and there's no major venues where this would be shown anytime soon is why I think it's fake.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I really hope, they change Caps Costume in the End of the Movie again more to this:

capusoline.jpg

Really dont like all this movie costumes so far.

bananas

Banned
That is just cruel. Very, very cruel.

On a side note, what are the chances we get a trailer for Ant-Man at SDCC this year? I'm expecting a teaser at least, and I think there will be a panel for it. Hopefully we get news of the second Phase 3 film as well.

Have they started filming yet?

J10

Banned
PBS logo is a completely different typeface. The letters in that image are flush together like in the comic title.

TDLink

I'm fairly certain the 2016 movies will be announced at this year's comic-con. Other than that I expect it to be primarily GotG focused since the movie comes out almost immediately after the con. I'm sure it will also be the first place there is an AoU trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom