• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had previously come up with a rough idea on how to a Planet Hulk, that tied into a GotG2 and led right back into Avengers 3 - the summary of it was (Here)

Basically Ultron nullifies Banner rendering him more or less "dead" which causes the Hulk to RAGE uncontrollably. Hulk takes out Ultron and then turns on the Avengers, forcing them and
whatever is left of SHIELD/SWORD
to launch him into outer space (alternatively - Thor could have him teleported).
Banner is not actually dead though but is trapped in Hulk's head like a prison, and constantly trying to find his way out. Post Credit scene could show a raging Banner trapped inside the head of a raging Hulk as he floats aimlessly off into the depths of the galaxy.
Planet Hulk begins with Hulk floating in a capsule seemingly calm, Banner still raging in his head as he starts to enter some planets atmosphere.
at some point during Planet Hulk Banner and the Hulk come to terms and learn to work together. Hulk is now consciously Banner Hulk (aka Smart & coherent), which is good, because he was physically useless on this planet as Banner (who he is able to convert back to now) and not in control enough to strategize and a mindless Rage monster.
After Planet Hulk when Banner found a way off the Planet, he hyper drives toward the first readings of life he could find and crashes/lands at Nowhere, where he remains until a post credit scene in GotG2:
he runs across a talking raccoon and a walking tree.
Some Aliens are talking about how not to mess with that guy over there, the last guy that did is now permanently part of the building... over there, over there and over there.
Rocket: he doesn't look so tough (referencing to Banner sitting at a table all alone)
Groot: Groot... Groot
Rocket: You worry too much mate, he looks harmless (as he takes a seat next to Banner at the table) Let's have a little fun before we hit the road...
Banner: You should leave me alone. I'm not in the mood.
Rocket: Never seen you around here before... where you headed?
Banner: A little place called Earth... every heard of it?
Groot: GROOT!!
Quill: (From way across the room) HEY!!! What is taking you two so long!? Let's go!!
Rocket: Heard of it!? Hell, we're headed that way as we speak...

(I intended to summarize my thoughts, but it looks like I went into way more detail than planned.)

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo
I can't wait for Loeb to reveal that Coulson is Daredevil, Skye is Jessica Jones, Ward is Luke Cage and Patton Oswalt is Iron Fist.

odiin

And then Feige to reveal that the Netflix shows were never actually part of the MCU

And then Loeb reveals that he's killed Bob Iger and is wearing his skin and that he's refocusing every division of Disney towards working on films exclusively about Skye and Ward until the end of time.

minty_jpg

Saw The Winter Soldier three times this weekend and plan on going a fourth time Thursday. Really enjoyed this movie's soundtrack too.

Tom_Cody

Saw The Winter Soldier three times this weekend and plan on going a fourth time Thursday. Really enjoyed this movie's soundtrack too.
My GF and I were busy all weekend so I haven't seen it yet. The wait has been agonizing. We're going to go see it in 2D IMAX tonight.

I can't wait. I'm fully expecting to love it.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
And then Loeb reveals that he's killed Bob Iger and is wearing his skin and that he's refocusing every division of Disney towards working on films exclusively about Skye and Ward until the end of time.

After seeing Cap2 i am certain that the agents on AoS would be deceased in minutes with the exception of Coulson if they were in a MCU film. The agents on that show are utter trash omg.

Ovid

From the Winter Solider thread:

How do so many people misunderstand this? The arc reactor in his chest hasn't been necessary to run his suits since Iron Man 2. How do you think Rhodey flew off with the Mark II? All those suits flying around in Iron Man 3 had their own arc reactors and had nothing to do with the arc reactor in Tony's chest. How else could they be flying around?

Not power, but somehow allow user compatibility. Rhodey was able to fly off Mark II because he has clearance to Tony's tech. Remember he has the password/PIN to go into his workshop.

The same with Pepper in IM3 with Mark 42.

Also, remember Tony's bracelet (in Stark Tower)? That was for user compatibility.

inky

That makes me wonder.. Why does Tony remove the shrapnel in Iron Man 3 and not way earlier?

He was probably scared. It was a dangerous and potentially life threatening procedure, and having his Arc Reactor in the chest made him "safe" and on top of that allowed him to become Iron Man.

The whole point of Iron Man 3 is that he goes on a journey of self discovery in which he realizes who he really is, and it is not a suit or his inventions like the Arc Reactor defining who he is, but what he is capable of doing. So he is Iron Man, even without a power source in his chest or something.

Ovid

He was probably scared. It was a dangerous and potentially life threatening procedure, and having his Arc Reactor in the chest made him "safe" and on top of that allowed him to become Iron Man.

The whole point of Iron Man 3 is that he goes on a journey of self discovery in which he realizes who he really is, and it is not a suit or his inventions like the Arc Reactor defining who he is, but what he is capable of doing. So he is Iron Man, even without a power source in his chest or something.
Well put my friend.

Pretty sure those bracelets were a precursor to the Armour from IM3.
Yeah...I know...I was using it as an example of user identification.

Here's question I put forth to you guys:

Why didn't Loki's scepter work on Tony? I know Loki touched it against his Arc Reactor but about it made it not work?

Slyonic

Neo Member
Here's question I put forth to you guys:

Why didn't Loki's scepter work on Tony? I know Loki touched it against his Arc Reactor but about it made it not work?

I think the scepter has to touch the skin directly (as it goes through the material of clothing). The Arc Reactor isn't really part of Tony's body, so it wouldn't really have any effect. Or you know, perfomance issues.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Now this is fucking embarassing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svPgFAUDLBk

As if we needed more proof that MCU Quicksilver is superior to Singer's version.

8980434299_4ff8db8745_o.gif

so you're basically saying you didnt read Fear Itself.....thats what im getting there...

on another note...cap 2 delivers...gonna see that again...yes indeed.

You're right I had blocked that from memory. I loved that Marvel basically retconned the entire event with those .1 issues right after it ended.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
I can finally enter this thread with no fears of spoilers that now I watched Cap 2.

I'm excited to see Marvel take their film success and apply it to TV with the street level characters. Here's hoping Agents of Shield can take a turn for the better this week now that Cap 2 changes everything.

In terms of upcoming films, I'm more excited for Guardians than Avengers 2 (even though I'm a huge Ultron fan).

Captain America spoilers for anyone wanting to avoid until they watch the flick
Armin Zola could be viewed and considered as the first look into what may come with Ultron. Also, Crossbones will definitely be in Cap 3, so that's great to see. Now, if only Zemo would get his introduction, I'd be even happier.

TDLink

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=97647
possible Nathan Fillion cameo for Guardians of The Galaxy?

http://www.hypable.com/2014/04/07/nathan-fillion-guardians-of-the-galaxy-cameo/

Nathan Fillion says he may make a cameo appearance in Guardians of the Galaxy.

Unless he's completely joking around, he's not exactly saying maybe here. He seems to be saying "Yes, I'm in it". The way he answers the question though makes me lean towards him being a voice only role (check the credits).

I wouldn't be surprised if he's Cosmo since we know that character is in the film and hasn't had an actor attached yet.

odiin

After seeing Cap2 i am certain that the agents on AoS would be deceased in minutes with the exception of Coulson if they were in a MCU film. The agents on that show are utter trash omg.

But Ward showed the best test results since Romanoff, and Skye can do anything she puts her mind to because she's armed with the power of friendship and understanding!

TDLink

I might be a little slow on this one, but it appears that War Machine has been confirmed for Avengers: Age of Ultron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom