• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielcw

They also say Henry Jackman is returning to score the film.

What was the general opinion about his score for Winter Soldier?

I don't like it that much. My favourite musical moment in Winter Soldier was in the beginning, when they used the March from First Avenger.
Winter Soldier's Endcredits ("Taking A Stand") are growing on me though

Mainly because they're not on good terms with Fox
Why?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Yup. I just read this and I'm thinking they're going for spidey as well. Mainly because they're not on good terms with Fox so I don't see who else it could be. EXCITEMENT RISING EVEN THOUGH I'LL END UP DISAPPOINTED.

Unless Namor still isn't under Marvel in which case It's probably him.
Namor is at Universal IIRC... Spider-Man would me make go insane :D

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I can't help but think that Namor would be corny af in the MCU. Then there's also the bit about being one of the first mutants, but after Wanda and Pietro you'd never know with these things.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I can't help but think that Namor would be corny af in the MCU. Then there's also the bit about being one of the first mutants, but after Wanda and Pietro you'd never know with these things.
Eh. This one's easy. All they have to do is avoid the M word. In Namor's case, he's just a Human/Atlantean hybrid. That doesn't even change his story, like they're doing with Wanda and Pietro.

If Cap 3 is "Captain America: The Secret Wars," that would be huge. Would they really allow that storyline to be used in a character's franchise though instead of as an Avengers movie? Although I guess there are only going to be so many Avengers films. Gotta get some of those other huge stories in somehow.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Eh. This one's easy. All they have to do is avoid the M word. In Namor's case, he's just a Human/Atlantean hybrid. That doesn't even change his story, like they're doing with Wanda and Pietro.

If Cap 3 is "Captain America: The Secret Wars," that would be huge. Would they really allow that storyline to be used in a character's franchise though instead of as an Avengers movie? Although I guess there are only going to be so many Avengers films. Gotta get some of those other huge stories in somehow.

His saying he liked the Secret Wars isn't a "hint" that they are making a Cap 3 into Secret Wars, don't be ridiculous.

If they ever do Secret Wars it'd have to be an avengers scale movie.

Wazzy

Banned
I don't remember why but I just know they're not on great terms. I'll have to see if I can find out why or maybe someone else knows.
Namor is at Universal IIRC... Spider-Man would me make go insane :D
I think it's complicated because I know Feige has said they can use Namor so it doesn't sound like he's really with Universal now.

Yeah me too. I've wanted Spidey for such a long time. Even the idea of Garfields spiderman makes me excited because we can finally see him better written.
Namor would make way more sense than Spider-Man. And I'd like him as an antagonist or anti-hero.

My only thing with Namor is that he's apparently usable by Marvel so I don't know if they would be asking to use him when they already can.

I don't remember why but I just know they're not on great terms. I'll have to see if I can find out why or maybe someone else knows.

Rumor is when Fox was looking to get an extension on Daredevil's license, Marvel was willing to comply IF they relinquished rights to Galactus and Silver Surfer. Fox refused the deal and Marvel got Daredevil back in the process but this supposedly pissed Marvel off since they apparently had plans for Galactus/Silver Surfer. None of this was ever officially confirmed (other than Fox wanting to extend the DD license and that falling through) but Marvel now expanding the MCU to the cosmic area with GotG lends some credence to it. Galactus, Silver Surfer, and the other Heralds were relatively large parts of the Annihilation arc along with the Guardians.

J10

Banned
My only thing with Namor is that he's apparently usable by Marvel so I don't know if they would be asking to use him when they already can.

They should get Namor going if only to have an Atlantean army be cannon fodder for Thanos in Avengers 3. We need bodies.

Wazzy

Banned
They should get Namor going if only to have an Atlantean army be cannon fodder for Thanos in Avengers 3. We need bodies.

I would be down for Namor but I don't really want a movie about him. Have him cameo in another characters movie. I doubt they'll get him in the movies before Avengers 3, though.

Rumor is when Fox was looking to get an extension on Daredevil's license, Marvel was willing to comply IF they relinquished rights to Galactus and Silver Surfer. Fox refused the deal and Marvel got Daredevil back in the process but this supposedly pissed Marvel off since they apparently had plans for Galactus/Silver Surfer. None of this was ever officially confirmed (other than Fox wanting to extend the DD license and that falling through) but Marvel now expanding the MCU to the cosmic area with GotG lends some credence to it. Galactus, Silver Surfer, and the other Heralds were relatively large parts of the Annihilation arc along with the Guardians.

As I heard it, the rumor was that Marvel wanted Fox to share Galactus and Silver Surfer (and maybe some of the other FF-related cosmic characters, who knows) a la Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, not relinquish them entirely. The latter wouldn't have been a very realistic proposal as long as Fox retained the FF rights.

As I heard it, the rumor was that Marvel wanted Fox to share Galactus and Silver Surfer (and maybe some of the other FF-related cosmic characters, who knows) a la Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, not relinquish them entirely. The latter wouldn't have been a very realistic proposal as long as Fox retained the FF rights.

That makes sense.

Yup. I just read this and I'm thinking they're going for spidey as well. Mainly because they're not on good terms with Fox so I don't see who else it could be. EXCITEMENT RISING EVEN THOUGH I'LL END UP DISAPPOINTED.

Unless Namor still isn't under Marvel in which case It's probably him.

What if it's Man-Thing?

It's never been confirmed that he is back with Marvel, but he was hinted at in one of the IM movies and on AoS.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ

I think it's complicated because I know Feige has said they can use Namor so it doesn't sound like he's really with Universal now.

Yeah me too. I've wanted Spidey for such a long time. Even the idea of Garfields spiderman makes me excited because we can finally see him better written.

i think universal still has some claim to him till 17, maybe they get part of the merch or something.

http://collider.com/captain-america-3-hawkeye-jeremy-renner/

Jeremy Renner says that Hawkeye may appear in Captain America 3.

Here's hoping. Make Cap 3 an even bigger version of Cap 2 with Steve Rogers, Bucky (with energy shield), Falcon, Black Widow, Hawkeye, and maybe even War Machine. If the Captain America films are basically the SHIELD/Secret Avengers stuff of the universe, it makes sense to grow his team a little bit.

danielcw

Slightly related question:

Are the Fantastic Four rights even solely at 20th Century Fox?
The 1994 film was just made so the producer could keep his rights.
I assume that producer was Bernd Eichinger, who died a few years ago, but was also an executive producer on the 2 movies from the 2000s.
So after he died what happened to the rights?
Or did they went to somebody else (Fox?) before he died?

My bad. I thought form context it was about the Russos having a problem with FOX, and not Marvel in general.

DieH@rd

Banned
As far we know, FOX has the rights and they will retain them as long they start production of FF film before 7 year time-limit is out [production of current film started very close to the end of that limit]. Even in the situation when they don't have plans for big FF film, expect them producing some cheap direct-to-dvd shit just to retain the rights until end of time.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Daredevil TV-Series seemingly to be based on Frank Millers Run.

http://www.newsarama.com/21978-netf...movie-costume-will-be-more-down-to-earth.html

The darker tone comments match a hint made in July at Comic-Con International: San Diego by Marvel Executive Editorial Director for Digital Media Group and Marvel.com Ryan “Agent M” Penagos. At the convention, Penagos told fans that Frank Miller’s seminal (and decidedly dark, gritty) run on Daredevil “might be something to read in the next year or so if you want hints about something else we are doing.”

This is new, istn it?

Edit: OK, on the second read the Daredevil Series may not be based on it, but is a hint to something other?

Anyway. Great to hear, that its going to be dark :)

i think universal still has some claim to him till 17, maybe they get part of the merch or something.

I was under the assumption that Namor went back to Marvel completely. I might be wrong then.

Fiege said, Namor is complicated and there are some things they still need to work out, but... if there is going ot be a Namor movie, it is coming from Marvel Studios.

so Marvel has the rights, but there are still some older deals still in place that could delay the process.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Another Cap 3 update from the Russos:

http://www.movies.com/movie-news/39...ays-quotfans-are-going-to-freak-outquot/16640

Anthony and Joe Russo scored a box office and critical success with Captain America: The Winter Soldier and were rewarded with directing duties for Captain America 3, currently scheduled for a May 6, 2016 release. That might seem like a long way off, but the brothers are already charged up about the possibilities for Cap (Chris Evans) and want to pass that along to Marvel fans.

"We just got another incredible draft from the writers and are very excited about the film," says Anthony. "I can't divulge who is going to be in the film, but I think the fans are going to freak out when they hear about it."

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Are you sure about that? I could have sworn there was talk before about Disney owning the movie rights to him since he came about after the deal with Sony was signed.
Doesnt matter. He is Spider-Man related in direct way, he is 100 percent owned by Sony. He even calls himself Spider-Man and his series is called Spider-Man and everything.

Doesnt matter. He is Spider-Man related in direct way, he is 100 percent owned by Sony. He even calls himself Spider-Man and his series is called Spider-Man and everything.

According to screenrant.com these are the characters that Sony owns the movie rights to:

Sony Pictures

Spider-Man: Spider-Man/Peter Parker, Doctor Octopus/Otto Octavius, Green Goblin/Norman Osborn, (New) Green Goblin/Harry Osborn, [The Lizard]/Dr. Curt Connors, Sandman/Flint Marko, Venom/Eddie Brock Jr., Vulture, Mysterio, Kraven the Hunter, Black Cat/Felicia Hardy, Silver Sable, Electro/Max Dillon, Rhino, Carnage/Cletus Kasady, Sinister Six, Shocker, Chameleon, The Gentleman, Dr. Ashley Kafka, Beetle, Betty Brant, Dennis Carradine (Buglar), J. Jonah Jameson, Ben Parker, May Parker, John Jameson, Joseph “Robbie” Robertson, Gwen Stacy, Mary Jane Watson, Mendel Stromm, Flash Thompson, Allistair Smythe, Spider-Slayers, Miles Warren/Jackal,

No Miles Morales listed. It could be a situation where they share him like QS and SW but I really do think Disney can use him if they so choose to.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
When Miles Morales would be owned by Marvel Studios, Kevin Feige would talk about him.
But (big surprise) Sony Producers are the only ones who talk about him: http://comicsalliance.com/miles-morales-spider-man-ultimate-movies-avi-arad-producers-sony-marvel/

So, you see, dreams busted, Miles is part of Sonys Licence package. Good, so when, Marvel would licence a Spider-Man back to a MCU Movie, it would be the real Spider-Man ;-

Yeah, I know, wet dreams of comicfans and so, but doesnt matter, Miles is owned by Sony.

According to screenrant.com these are the characters that Sony owns the movie rights to:

Sony Pictures

Spider-Man: Spider-Man/Peter Parker, Doctor Octopus/Otto Octavius, Green Goblin/Norman Osborn, (New) Green Goblin/Harry Osborn, [The Lizard]/Dr. Curt Connors, Sandman/Flint Marko, Venom/Eddie Brock Jr., Vulture, Mysterio, Kraven the Hunter, Black Cat/Felicia Hardy, Silver Sable, Electro/Max Dillon, Rhino, Carnage/Cletus Kasady, Sinister Six, Shocker, Chameleon, The Gentleman, Dr. Ashley Kafka, Beetle, Betty Brant, Dennis Carradine (Buglar), J. Jonah Jameson, Ben Parker, May Parker, John Jameson, Joseph “Robbie” Robertson, Gwen Stacy, Mary Jane Watson, Mendel Stromm, Flash Thompson, Allistair Smythe, Spider-Slayers, Miles Warren/Jackal,

No Miles Morales listed. It could be a situation where they share him like QS and SW but I really do think Disney can use him if they so choose to.

Please give me a direct link :)

Oh nice, no Scarlet Spider listened, so they can include Ben Reilly in a MCU movie, am I right? ;-) They can go with the clone. Spider-Problems busted. Yeah!

GAMEPROFF

Banned

Yeah, Ben Reilly is not listened, Scarlet Spider in a MCU Movie incoming <3

180px-Scarlet_Spider.jpg

Dudes, dont be silly. Miles is 100% Spider-Related. He wont be in a Marvel Movie and when the time comes that a Spider-Person comes around in a MCU movie, its Peter Parker. Because nobody knows who Miles Morales is.

But there are also people, who honestly believe, that we will see a Captain America Movie with another person as Steve Rogers as Captain America, so belive what you want. It wont happen. Ever.

And yeah, if you want to believe something what doesnt really offer a source, then do it. But dont think that it will be true.

There is already talk of Chris Evens wanting out of Marvel movies when his contract is up. Do you think they will cast another actor as Steve Rodgers, or will they let a different person play cap? It wouldnt surprise me at all if they have a different person then Steve be Cap.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Do you think they will cast another actor as Steve Rodgers, or will they let a different person play cap? It wouldnt surprise me at all if they have a different person then Steve be Cap.

Of course. They already said that they will recast Iron Man and go the James Bond route, why shouldnt they recast Capatain America?

Or would you think that they would make a Dick Grayson Batman, only becaus Ben Affleck is to old at some point?

I wonder if Sony will ever do a Spider-Man movie with Miles Morales as the main character.

Nope. They said they wont.
http://comicsalliance.com/miles-morales-spider-man-ultimate-movies-avi-arad-producers-sony-marvel/

They dont say it out loud, but its obivious that they know that everybody knows that Peter Parker is Spider-Man and the audience would be incredible confused, when some other dude would suddently be Spider-Man.

There is already talk of Chris Evens wanting out of Marvel movies when his contract is up. Do you think they will cast another actor as Steve Rodgers, or will they let a different person play cap? It wouldnt surprise me at all if they have a different person then Steve be Cap.

Recast the actor eventually, but I think it's a good idea to give the character a short break and let someone (Bucky) be Cap for one solo movie and one crossover movie before bringing in the next actor. It would be cool if they could get Evans in for one more supporting role while Bucky Cap takes the lead in say, Captain America 4.

The contracts are written up very specifically. My understanding is that technically Miles (having been created after the contract) could be in the MCU, he could have Spider-Man's powers, but he wouldn't be able to be called Spider-Man, or have a suit that resembled the movie versions of the character. So essentially they COULD, but it's kind of a moot point since they would probably never do that for various reasons. That also doesn't mean Sony could never use Miles or any characters that were created after the contract, but they would probably have to get permission from Marvel and probably renegotiate contracts, or it's more complicated like a shared rights deal. The point being, just because a character created after the contracts is Spider-Man related, doesn't mean Sony has 100% rights to them.

He's gone on record since then that his quote was exaggerated and taken a little more literally than it was reported. He'll probably renew his contract.

Wazzy

Banned

That could be. I just don't think they would announce negotiation deals of using him if they were able to use him like Feige said.

Someone earlier posted Man-Thing but I can't see ANYONE getting that excited about him. It's either a character we'll still be excited about but isn't spidey or it's him. I bet they know this is hyping people up with theories which is probably their plan. :p

I think he's grown to really like the role and won't leave as easily anymore.

Sweet. If it has to do with the other studio deal, It very well may be spiderman but I'm thinking it's going to be blackpanther. If we see him before Cap3, I'm so ready for some spidey goodness. :D

The contracts are written up very specifically. My understanding is that technically Miles (having been created after the contract) could be in the MCU, he could have Spider-Man's powers, but he wouldn't be able to be called Spider-Man, or have a suit that resembled the movie versions of the character. So essentially they COULD, but it's kind of a moot point since they would probably never do that for various reasons. That also doesn't mean Sony could never use Miles or any characters that were created after the contract, but they would probably have to get permission from Marvel and probably renegotiate contracts, or it's more complicated like a shared rights deal. The point being, just because a character created after the contracts is Spider-Man related, doesn't mean Sony has 100% rights to them.

He's gone on record since then that his quote was exaggerated and taken a little more literally than it was reported. He'll probably renew his contract.

That is great news. He was fantastic in WS so I hope he keeps doing it for a while.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

Bucky.

That is great news. He was fantastic in WS so I hope he keeps doing it for a while.

Yeah, Evans quote was more along the lines of him focusing on directing more once his contract was up, not exactly quitting Marvel and acting all together.

He actually made it sound like he would focus on directing a few movies and maybe only act in Marvel and possibly passion projects if directing didn't take up all his professional time.
I'm sure he will be back as Cap, just as Hemsworth said he's in for the long haul.
Even Downey is willing to stick around for at least 1 more IM movie, and that ain't likely happening till after A3 if it happens at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom