• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT3| 80.8 % Certified Fresh

Pachimari

https://mobile.twitter.com/_Christo...y-to-have-co-starring-role-in-captain-marvel/

Supposedly, Samuel L Jackson as Nick Fury will costar with Brie Larson in Captain Marvel.

This sounds good. I can't wait for Captain Marvel to start shooting. One of my favorite Marvel heroes. I'm only more excited about Black Panther and Infinity War.

New set pics reveals Jessica Jones kissing with new lad:
FhuYryX.png

Village

Knowing Jessica's luck, dude's gonna be a bad guy.

I don't knwo about bad guy, but the thing with knowing the source material is like you look at it like

" I know all your relationships will be failures until you and luke cage hook up again, because that's what happens"

So knowing the source material kind of deflates... every romantic story those two have

I don't knwo about bad guy, but the thing with knowing the source material is like you look at it like

" I know all your relationships will be failures until you and luke cage hook up again, because that's what happens"

So knowing the source material kind of deflates... every romantic story those two have

I mean, sort of? These IPs aren't absolutely beholden to their comic counterparts, as long as the themes and personalities are true to the source. So Jessica doesn't have to end up with Luke or keep returning to him or whatever. It just means that her broken personality and poor personal choices need to be honored, so she's not likely to see a happy/positive relationship.

The Kree

Banned
I mean, sort of? These IPs aren't absolutely beholden to their comic counterparts, as long as the themes and personalities are true to the source. So Jessica doesn't have to end up with Luke or keep returning to him or whatever. It just means that her broken personality and poor personal choices need to be honored, so she's not likely to see a happy/positive relationship.

She's shouldn't stay that way now that Kilgrave is dead. I'm not expecting her to have her shit totally together overnight, but she should have moved on to more stable ground by the time season 2 rolls around. She's not a perpetual fuck up like Stark.

She's shouldn't stay that way now that Kilgrave is dead. I'm not expecting her to have her shit totally together overnight, but she should have moved on to more stable ground by the time season 2 rolls around. She's not a perpetual fuck up like Stark.

It's not about her being a perpetual fuckup. It's about her being emotionally damaged. Kilgrave being gone doesn't fix what's happened. That takes a lot of help and work. And Jessica is not the type of person to do that. She's the type to push on and try to ignore the problems, which doesn't usually work. Not for very long.

Pachimari

I want Jessica to be as big a mess as can be. That's why I watch Jessica Jones.

I also want more photographer shenigans or detective work next season.

SliChillax

Somebody's who's seen it in the review thread just confirmed if he has his mask or not.
he don't have his mask. I'm okay with it. It's just that it would have been cooler if he had the mask.

That's very disappointing. He was my most anticipated villain, I loved his costume in the comics, ugh

Pachimari

Here's some early concept art by Ryan Meinerding for Spider-Man: Homecoming, which shows us the parachute was a very early idea for the movie:

rQp8yy0.jpg

You remember the cocoon from the Collector's collection from the first Guardians of the Galaxy? The one fans have speculated could have been the cocoon of Adam Warlock, well he now reveals that the specific cocoon is the ancestor to the Sovereign's cocoon:
The cocoon in the 1st GotG (& at Disneyland) is likely a primitive version of the Sovereign cocoons, when they 1st hatched their own.
xQrfyH0.jpg

El Topo

And watch when people complain about the film having a leading man even though Wonder Woman had one.

WW is the 3rd movie in the DCEU series and is heavily influenced by existing material - it's another version of her origin story. It's not really comparable to a movie that will have taken 21 movies, will come out 11 years after the first one, was preceded by years of dumb comments and excuses, was delayed several times, doesn't have a sole female director and will likely have little to do with her comic stories. I don't see an issue here, but let us not pretend people don't have good reasons to be sceptical/critical.

Pachimari

WW is the 3rd movie in the DCEU series and is heavily influenced by existing material - it's another version of her origin story. It's not really comparable to a movie that will have taken 21 movies, will come out 11 years after the first one, was preceded by years of dumb comments and excuses, was delayed several times, doesn't have a sole female director and will likely have little to do with her comic stories. I don't see an issue here, but let us not pretend people don't have good reasons to be sceptical/critical.

Why are these things even spoiler-tagged. I could imagine it would confuse people.

Anyway, I'm currently watching Spider-Man 3 and I am really liking Sandmand. They portrayed him well besides the whole uncle Ben thing going on. I am also still a fan of Harry Osborn's Green Goblin, he is just way too cool on that board of his. I do not like that he got a concussion and lost his short-term memory though. That was a bad decision. And the whole symbiote thing should have been cut.

Pachimari

This is why Spider-Man doesn't doesn't use his Spider-Sense in Homecoming:
”I feel like we have seen a lot of Spider-Sense in the previous films, so we didn't really lean into that as hard as they have in the previous films," Watts tells CinemaBlend, adding ”But I do think it is a really interesting thing to explore."

Mondo poster:

RDJ on why Tom Holland is the right man for Spider-Man:
”Tom is the perfect man for the job," Downey tells News.com.au. ”He's enthusiastic, bright and gifted, a very physically talented guy by virtue of his dance and acrobatic background. He has just the right combination of elements required to bring a new take on the character."

Seems like Bruce Banner and Natascha Romanoff's relationship might be over come Infinity War:
"I just finished Avengers: Infinity War. The first one. My character has this ongoing relationship with Mark Ruffalo's character. I had such devastation that day. I don't know why. I was so devastated. It was something about this character that Mark plays, and this is something that should feel so solid and suddenly doesn't or there's... And it reminded me of so much of the things going on in my own life at the time..."

James Gunn talks GotG Vol. 3's soundtrack:
”I have it down to 181 songs," the director responded when I asked him the progress of the Vol. 3 soundtrack.

Pachimari

Laura Harrier on how she landed the role of Liz Allen:
"I live here. I'm New York based, but I was in L.A. for awhile, and just got an audition," Harrier said. "It said 'Spider-Man,' and I was like, 'Oh, okay. Yeah, that's never going to happen, but cool.' It may have said 'Untitled' thing, but my agents were like, 'This is Spider-Man.' Then, yeah, I just had an audition, and then I had another one, and then I had one where John Watts was there. Then I had a screen test, which is where I met Tom for the first time. It went well, but I was so nervous. I was like, 'I don't even know what just happened. I don't even remember."'

----------

Except we see that Spidey senses when Bucky throws that huge piece of debris in Civil War.
Oh, I think he meant why it is not used in the Homecoming movie actually.

AMUSIX

I honestly expect the movie to have nothing to do with the comics at all. Although, she better have her red and yellow costume, and maybe even the mask sometimes cause that's like one of the absolute best superhero suits.

Marvel Studios has released the first tv spot for Thor: Ragnarok!

Why link to this? It's a 3 month old trailer presented in low-res with obnoxious text overlays and annoying watermarks....

You get a penny for every view or something?

Pachimari

Why link to this? It's a 3 month old trailer presented in low-res with obnoxious text overlays and annoying watermarks....

You get a penny for every view or something?

Hmm, I saw both ComicBookMovie.com and ComicBook.com running headline stories on it today. But you're right, it is 3 months old. I was also hesitating on posting it as I didn't notice anything new about it.

Maybe they mean like a visual representation of Spidey sense?
I think he just means it isn't used in Homecoming.

Eh it was just me snarling, but I see your point. But too be fair, some portions of the MCU aren't that faithful to existing material. For one the Wasp didn't end up as a founding member of the Avengers in the films unlike the comics.

BTW WW is the 4th film of the DCEU.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
I think he just means it isn't used in Homecoming.

”I feel like we have seen a lot of Spider-Sense in the previous films, so we didn't really lean into that as hard as they have in the previous films,"
Watts does leave the door open to explore Spider-Man's Spider-Sense in a sequel to Spider-Man: Homecoming. Perhaps the young Spider-Man's powers haven't fully come in just yet.

It's there (as the scene in Civil War), but not as strong and often then the previous movies.

whipihguh

Banned
https://mobile.twitter.com/_Christo...y-to-have-co-starring-role-in-captain-marvel/

Supposedly, Samuel L Jackson as Nick Fury will costar with Brie Larson in Captain Marvel.

Co-starring, huh? That's pretty exciting, actually, I really enjoyed him in Winter Solider. I wonder what the reasoning is and what the hell Fury's been up to since then. Found it kind of odd that he was nowhere to be seen when his whole Avengers idea was tearing itself apart on the world stage.

LionPride

Banned
It's a movie using a not good character, hopefully giving her a better story, while Fury is gonna be in the movie. Captain Marvel is the one who I believed shoulda gotten her own movie post IM2 when the cry for a solo female movie came out, so I'm glad it's happening finally and believe it'll be good.

Co-starring, huh? That's pretty exciting, actually, I really enjoyed him in Winter Solider. I wonder what the reasoning is and what the hell Fury's been up to since then. Found it kind of odd that he was nowhere to be seen when his whole Avengers idea was tearing itself apart on the world stage.

I have long been hoping he has been leading SWORD since the Winter Soldier. It would certainly make his appearance in Captain Marvel make a lot of sense.

LionPride

Banned
Watching TASM 2 for the first time since theatres where I didn't hate it.

Still like the Pharell/Hans Zimmer soundtrack. Think it's great.

Why is Max a Spider-Man fanatic, like calm down breh

Also Ryan from the Office as a Smythe? Sure why not

SWORD belongs to 20th Century Fox though.

I think looking at the way the series is evolving, it seems to be headed in a direction where SWORD would be more and more appropriate. James Gunn has also suggested that the movies are going to further steer towards into more cosmic properties. So I could see Marvel pushing for a deal to get the rights back.

whipihguh

Banned
I think looking at the way the series is evolving, it seems to be headed in a direction where SWORD would be more and more appropriate. James Gunn has also suggested that the movies are going to further steer towards into more cosmic properties. So I could see Marvel pushing for a deal to get the rights back.

SWORD was the first thing to pop into my mind when I read the headline, especially if her and Fury make a trip to space at some point in the movie, but I guess there isn't much to say until we actually see what that movie's plot is. Kinda hard to see how that'd work with SHIELD still being pretty much dead.

I'm kind of surprised to hear that SWORD is with Fox, though. Are we sure that's the case? I seem to recall a deleted Thor scene that namedropped SWORD at one point. I know that isn't canon, but it would suggest that Marvel had the rights. Perhaps it's a cross-rights thing like Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver?

Pachimari

Transmedia producer Geoffrey Colo has confirmed that the Agents of Shield cast will be participating at New York Comic Con in October.

Mike Colter: Defenders will be fun and funny:
He called The Defenders a ”Summer mash-up of all four of us," one that has a ”certain lightness" to it, and one that's fun and funny. Furthermore, he said that the show was very much like a ”summer popcorn thing."

Kevin Feige details 5-movie storyline for Spider-Man.
”We are looking at a five-movie storyline — Civil War, Homecoming, Avengers: Infinity War, untitled Avengers, Homecoming 2 — or whatever we end up calling it — as an amazing five-story journey for Peter Parker," said Feige. ”In the way that the events of Civil War directly inform the opening of Homecoming and his state of mind as he goes back to high school, so too will the events of the next two Avengers movies as he continues with high school. This original 22-movie arc ends with the untitled Avengers in May of 2019 and then two months later it will be Peter and Spider-Man that usher us into the aftermath and how things proceed from there."

Tom Holland talks Homecoming 2 details:
"I will be on Spider-Man 2 about mid-July next year." Holland explained to Collider. "I think the most interesting thing about a young man's life is his journey from being a boy to a man, and imagine seeing that journey while having superpowers. That's something I know I'm definitely excited to explore. I know Kevin [Feige] and the rest of the team are very excited to explore."

Tom Holland: Fans aren't ready for Avengers: Infinity War:
”That movie literally needs no teasing. It's going to be the biggest movie of all time," Holland explained. ”Believe me; no one is ready for that movie. I don't know anything about it or what it's about. I know who the villain is, but that's it. They don't let me read anything because I'm so bad at keeping secrets."

Tom Holland is grateful for Captain America: Civil War:
"It was the perfect way to start this franchise." Holland explained. "It was like the pre-exam."
"It was the perfect way to start this franchise." Holland explained. "It was like the pre-exam."
"You know, if I got it wrong, I'd know how to fix it by the first one. So, I was lucky that I had the opportunity to just test the water a little bit and see what the fans wanted to see. And it just turns out that they wanted to see my version."

Why Tony Stark don't want Spider-Man on the Avengers team:
”It's interesting more so from the point of Tony Stark because he sort of has the responsibility of someone else other than himself. He really has to think about keeping Peter Parker safe, and he does that by telling him to be the friendly neighborhood Spider-Man rather than this world-saving Spider-Man. He says help the old lady across the street, help get the cat out of the tree, but Spider-Man wants more."
Continuing, Holland admits Spider-Man ”wants to be an Avenger, and I think the reason Tony doesn't want him to be an Avenger is because he doesn't want anything bad to happen to him."

Holland details his Spider-Man/Ant-Man dream team-up:
”For me? It would be Ant-Man," Holland said. ”I think we could have a really fun time with Spider-Man and Ant-Man. A mini-Spider-Man could be really interesting and so cool. Swinging from that Coke bottle to that glass [he gestures to a coffee table in front of him], but making it look like Manhattan would be insane. It would be a really amazing way to start off the movie. You see Spider-Man swinging around in like Rome or something and he suddenly grows and it turns out he was on a model."

Tom cried over reactions to Spider-Man: Homecoming:
"I have been on Twitter, and it's been blowing my mind," Holland told Collider. "I woke up this morning and nearly cried. I nearly genuinely had tears rolling down my face. You're on set for nearly 15 hours a day in that suit, and it's hard work. Like, it really is hard - it's long, it's tough, people do a lot harder jobs. But, that said, I put my heart and soul into this movie and to see people enjoying it is so amazing to me."

This is why Homecoming changed up Flash Thompson:
”We made it so that way, Flash is Peter's equal," Revolori said to Hello Giggles. ”He's just as smart. They all go to this school and sure, maybe Flash's dad pays for him to go there, but regardless, he is a smart kid. And I think by that fact we didn't want to make it... You can't be smart and a jock and be this physical a-hole."

Jon Watts shares how Captain America's cameo got involved in Homecoming:
"I think that was my idea, to have the Captain America Fitness Challenge," Watts told CinemaBlend. "You know, it's so collaborative. I really don't remember whose idea is what, at this point. But I just remember having the President's Fitness Challenge when I was in elementary school and middle school. You had to do different activities, and at the end of it, I think you got a little pin or a badge. I was like, 'How do we incorporate Captain America into high school?' You would have the Captain America Fitness Challenge .He would be the person teaching you about proper nutrition, and brushing your teeth."

Pachimari

Fan puts together an interactive map and timeline for the MCU:
"I made an MCU timeline since there are a lot of questions lately about when certain events happened in the movies: the car accident of Doctor Strange, how long Ellis has been President," explained Redditor MrRLopez.

The map will be updated based on feedback at the Reddit thread, and you can also filter the map, so if you don't wanna see any Defenders on the map you can turn them off.

This map is amazing. It still lacks some details and descriptions of places and events, but it still have many things lined up nicely. I took a look, and the airport fight in Civil War is the one thing in the MCU that is closest to my place. I also didn't know Harlem was north of Hell's Kitchen, I actually thought it was south of it. Also cool to see how close Rand Tower really is to the Avengers tower. And how Scott Lang was isolated from anything else at that prison near the water.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Not sure how spoilerish that is and maybe its just about the
workout video
, but if its more you should put the
Captain America
stuff in the spoiler

This original 22-movie arc ends with the untitled Avengers in May of 2019 and then two months later it will be Peter and Spider-Man that usher us into the aftermath and how things proceed from there.”
What a fucking crazy world we're living in.

22-movie, coherent, mostly of good quality story arcs for superhero movies. Just, fuck. Its hard to comprehend how this has happened sometimes.

“For me? It would be Ant-Man,” Holland said. “I think we could have a really fun time with Spider-Man and Ant-Man. A mini-Spider-Man could be really interesting and so cool. Swinging from that Coke bottle to that glass [he gestures to a coffee table in front of him], but making it look like Manhattan would be insane. It would be a really amazing way to start off the movie. You see Spider-Man swinging around in like Rome or something and he suddenly grows and it turns out he was on a model.”
I like this kid, he seems so excited to just be in Marvel movies. Its also not the worst idea.

Pachimari

I'm getting so excited for Homecoming reading through the Ultimate Spider-Man series for the first time. I love the whole high school focus they got but unfortunately the designs for some of the villains and Gwen Stacy is crap. I hope to read through all 133 issues this month before my free Marvel Unlimited subscription runs out. It really is a good service for getting up to date with old series.

Top Bottom