• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT3| 80.8 % Certified Fresh

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
3renixt38i7z.jpg

This is Disney's first 4K release if I'm not mistaken.

Pachimari

Them copycats are gonna happen now lol. It's a Filipino moving releasing later this year featuring superheroes (I don't know who, probably local heroes like Darna) and one of the actresses will be Mis Universe 2015 winner Pia Wurtzbach:

PncBAD6.jpg

jph139

Man, I have no real expectations of getting a 4K TV in the next like 10 years, but if that "Cinematic Universe Edition" has more special features I'll have to bite.

I'm excited to see what packaging they'll use for the entire 22-movie arc release that'll happen in 2019-2020.

I'm hoping it's a giant infinity gauntlet.

Pachimari

Black Panther is gonna be the best movie ever.

I'm in such hype mode it's not even funny.

This is what happens when I read the comics.

Really is crazy how quickly movies are released on home media these days. Can't wait to watch Guardians on a 4K set.

Y'all wish me luck on getting into this Spidey screening tomorrow night. Unsure how early I should get to the theater (it starts at 7:30 pm, but I have the day off and I know lines for these things can get ugly).

GAMEPROFF

Banned
They are suddenly doing a Shadowland Omnibus. Is Daredevil S03 coming next Spring? I guess that will be the main topic...

And yes, the book is shit, but Captain America: Civil War.

Pachimari

Jon Watts: Iron Man was always part of Spider-Man: Homecoming:
"[Iron Man] was always a part of it," Watts said. "That was always a big part, the idea of him being this reluctant mentor – or the unintentional mentor – to Peter. Like, just sort of the grand ambition to be like that someday. Because if you think about it, now that Spider-Man is in the Marvel universe, that means that Peter Parker was probably like eight years old when he saw Tony on TV telling the world he’s Iron Man. And when you start thinking about it as a whole world like that, it gets really fascinating. You know?"
"And now the most famous person in the world has picked Peter Parker and taken him on this crazy adventure, and now dropped him back off and gone to deal with his own thing. And here’s Peter, left in his bedroom, you know, having had the greatest experience of his life, and not being able to tell anyone about it. That would be crazy!"

Jon Watts assures us, that there's more to the movie than what you've seen in the trailers:
"Well, if it was up to me, I wouldn’t have revealed anything. Ever. Like, I wish my movie could be just, only, a series of complete surprises. But I can say that there’s still a lot more to be revealed than what’s in the trailers. You know, we’ve made a pretty dense movie. A lot happens. So, yeah, there’s more to it than just what you see in the trailers, for sure."

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Eh it was just me snarling, but I see your point. But too be fair, some portions of the MCU aren't that faithful to existing material. For one the Wasp didn't end up as a founding member of the Avengers in the films unlike the comics.

BTW WW is the 4th film of the DCEU.

It's the fifth DCEU movie. Ryan Reynolds' Green Lantern was supposed to count, LoL

Random thought I had watching Homecoming (no spoiler): I'm completely lost about the Iron Man suit numbering and differences at this point. Even looking at the photo above I'm not sure if it's the same as from Civil War. Mark 42 from IM3 is the last that stuck with me.

Pachimari

Random thought I had watching Homecoming (no spoiler): I'm completely lost about the Iron Man suit numbering and differences at this point. Even looking at the photo above I'm not sure if it's the same as from Civil War. Mark 42 from IM3 is the last that stuck with me.
It's a new suit. It looks different from the Civil War suit. This one is partly silver.

----------

Jon Watts Pestered Marvel And Sony To Direct Spider-Man: Homecoming
“I didn’t think I was gonna get the job, at all. I had a really great meeting with them – an initial meeting after they had seen Cop Car – and I really didn’t ever think I was going to get it,” Watts said to Den of Geek. “I had been wanting to make a coming of age movie, though, so when it was sort of floated that they were gonna make Spider-Man younger than we’ve ever really seen him before... that was really exciting. I had already been trying to make that sort of a movie, so I took all of those ideas I had been working on and kind of projected them onto this film.”
“I made like a mood reel, just editing together a bunch of clips into almost like a fake trailer,” Watts said. “To show people the tone I was imagining. And I storyboarded a bunch of sequences that I sent to them, and just... I thought it was going to be really good practice for pitching to big studios. I really didn’t think I was gonna get it, until the very very end.”

Pachimari

2 shots that didn't make the final Spider-Man: Homecoming movie:

C8iBRpc.jpg

"The hotel atrium shot was originally created for Comic-Con, for like a sizzle reel before we had really shot anything; we had shot like two weeks of footage or something," Watts told ScreenCrush. "That was never meant to be in the movie. But I did use that angle for Vulture's reveal at the beginning of the movie; Vulture's hovering, swooping towards the camera like that. I used that shot, it's just no longer in an Atlanta hotel atrium."

uHFSVJR.jpg

"I feel a little weird that there's a shot in the trailer that's not in the movie at all, but it's a cool shot. It's funny, I forgot that we did that."
"I think what happened was in the very first trailer they wanted a shot of Spider-Man and Iron Man flying together," Watts said. "And they were going to use something from the Staten Island Ferry [scene], but it just didn't look that great — the background plate, because the Staten Island terminal is a very simple building. It almost looks like an unrendered 3D object. So I think I was like ”Let's just put them in Queens. Let's use that as a backdrop." Because we couldn't just create a whole new shot, so let's just use one of these shots of the subway; put them in there."
"I feel a little weird that there's a shot in the trailer that's not in the movie at all, but it's a cool shot. It's funny, I forgot that we did that."

Pachimari

The first shot was my favorite of all of the trailers. It sounds good he used the same angle in the movie still, just not at the hotel. So I hope there's something similar in it.

Few films can be Spider-Man 2, but that's okay. We need films like that, courageous, self-sacrificing superhero movies, setting examples for all of us.

Yeah. That's what I loved about Spider-Man 2 and recently Wonder Woman. Not to take away from Spider-Man Homecoming. It's a very entertaining movie for sure. Everyone has their preferences for what they look for in these movies.

I....wouldn't?

Edit: My theater has like 5 people in line. I'm with my girlfriend. She and I are gonna see another movie (likely Baby Driver) and I'll just have to walk out periodically to make sure we're still good.

I'm close guys :)

https://news.marvel.com/tv/68147/mu...in-netflix-original-series-marvels-luke-cage/

Marvel Television and Netflix announced that Mustafa Shakir (“The Deuce,” “The Night Of”) and Gabrielle Dennis (“Insecure,” “Rosewood”) have joined the cast in the sophomore season of “Marvel’s Luke Cage,” set to premiere in 2018. All 13-episodes of the first season of “Marvel’s Luke Cage” are now streaming on Netflix.

Shakir has been cast as ‘John McIver,’ a natural leader, brimming with charisma, whose mission is focused on Harlem and vengeance.

Dennis will play the role of ‘Tilda Johnson’ who is a brilliant, holistic doctor with a complicated history in Harlem where, as much as she tries to stay far from trouble, it seems to always find her.

“Mustafa’s incredible presence and power ignited us from our first meeting, and Gabrielle brings the charm and smarts to a very complicated role,” remarked executive producer, Jeph Loeb. “Both will be wonderful additions to our already magnificent cast.”

“I can’t wait for audiences to see the compelling paces we put both Mustafa and Gabrielle through,” said “Marvel’s Luke Cage” executive producer and showrunner, Cheo Hodari Coker. “From the moment you see each of them on screen, I feel they will be powerful additions to the world of Marvel and Harlem’s Luke Cage.”

Shakir and Dennis will join returning cast members Mike Colter as ‘Luke Cage,’ Simone Missick as ‘Misty Knight,’ Rosario Dawson as ‘Claire Temple,’ Alfre Woodard as ‘Mariah Dillard,’ and Theo Rossi as ‘Shades.’

After a sabotaged experiment leaves him with super strength and unbreakable skin, Luke Cage (Mike Colter) becomes a man trying to rebuild his life in modern day Harlem, New York City.

“Marvel’s Luke Cage” is Executive Produced by Cheo Hodari Coker (“Ray Donovan,” “Southland”) and Aïda Croal (“The Returned,” “True Blood”) as Co-Executive Producer, along with Jeph Loeb (“Marvel’s Punisher,” “Marvel’s Inhumans”), and Jim Chory (“Marvel’s Punisher,” “Marvel’s Inhumans”).

With a different actress playing Nightshade in Black Panther, it seems like Marvel Television's degree of coordination with Marvel Studios has gone from minimal to literally none.

SpaceWolf

Banned
It was pretty cool to see the Defenders trailer playing immediately before Spiderman: Homecoming in my screening.

The closest those characters will ever get to sharing a screen :(

Top Bottom