• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT3| 80.8 % Certified Fresh

SpaceWolf

Banned
I laughed.

How can we head canon this one away? Just... a coincidence? Drastic plastic surgery between the show/film?

Both characters could easily share some surface level similarities whilst being different characters in their own right utilizing different names (see "Night Nurse" being in both the Netflix series and Doctor Strange)

jph139

Both characters could easily share some surface level similarities whilst being different characters in their own right utilizing different names (see "Night Nurse" being in both the Netflix series and Doctor Strange)

Yeah, but they're both specifically named "Tilda Johnson" on both casting lists.

I mean, there being two people with the same name isn't that unlikely, but if they both end up going by Nightshade it'll be a bit hard to believe.

https://news.marvel.com/tv/68147/mu...in-netflix-original-series-marvels-luke-cage/

With a different actress playing Nightshade in Black Panther, it seems like Marvel Television's degree of coordination with Marvel Studios has gone from minimal to literally none.

Ultimately a positive if they stop being picky about it. Leave the door open for Inhumans in the MCU or Hawkeye on Netflix. Or a long shot, a Netflix Captain America show set entirely during WWII. Agents of SHIELD is tricky with sharing cast members. But the direct reference to the MCU in Netflix shows are vague enough that you could get away with it.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Two.

The second one is amazing.

Thanks.

Please don't tell me if I'm correct but I bet the second is
Daredevil since a member here said something like "I guess petitions do work".

Again, please don't confirm or deny, but I'd be surprised if that wasn't the case.

1 more day!

Thanks.

Again, please don't confirm or deny, but I'd be surprised if that wasn't the case.

1 more day!
giphy.gif

Thanks.

1 more day!
Since you don't know anything I clicked on it. Wow, I hope this will happen too.

Fuck.. I want this to happen.

Pachimari

New set photos have appeared of the Sorcerer Supreme during filming for Avengers: Infinity War, but it might contain spoilers, so I will treat carefully here.

It's hard to say what's going on but it appears that
Doctor Strange is being attacked or held down by (a CGI character) one of Thanos' children, who has properly been sent to Earth to recover the Eye of Agamotto.

I don't think that is a major spoiler per se but I am being careful here as I am not sure where the line goes for spoilers.

Nyanmaruz

New set photos have appeared of the Sorcerer Supreme during filming for Avengers: Infinity War, but it might contain spoilers, so I will treat carefully here.

Doctor Strange is being attacked or held down by (a CGI character) one of Thanos' children, who has properly been sent to Earth to recover the Eye of Agamotto.

I don't think that is a major spoiler per se but I am being careful here as I am not sure where the line goes for spoilers.
I really hope the Eye of Agamotto is its own mystical relic and not simply just a container for the time stone, because that would really ruin the Dr. Strange mythos

Pachimari

Laura Harrier reveals that lots of kissing scenes were deleted:
"We did a lot of different kissing scenes and none of them are in the movie now," Harrier said. "I don't know. It's an interesting choice. We didn't know what they were going to choose, because we had all these different options of Spider-Man kisses and then there's none."

Robert Downey Jr. felt like a stressed parent during Homecoming:
"I just keep thinking it's about when your 16-year-old says, 'Well I have a license now I can drive,' and you want to put a tracker in their car and you want to be able to deactivate it" Downey Jr. explained.

Vulture: Why Donald Glovers' cameo is so great [contains spoilers!]

I don't know if that link to the "kissing scenes" interview is considered a spoiler, if so, I apologize.

The label on the shoulder of the mo-cap suit:

EB-MAW

Oh man, here we go!

Pachimari

The label on the shoulder of the mo-cap suit:

EB-MAW

Oh man, here we go!

So they're gonna use the whole Black Order. Nice.
Somebody explain to me what that code/name in the spoiler tag means, is it one of the Black Order creatures? Because I expect it to be them whenever I see these set photos.

Also, just casually listing my favorite villains after having seen Homecoming:

1. Vulture
2. Loki
3. Kingpin
4. Kilgrave
5. Zemo

Michael Keaton fucking killed it. And Marvel's writers too.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Somebody explain to me what that code/name in the spoiler tag means, is it one of the Black Order creatures? Because I expect it to be them whenever I see these set photos.

He's a member of the Black Order.

3497559-6614527337-Thano.jpg

He has a history of playing around with Doctor Strange's head on behalf of Thanos.

1378116748-NewAvenger-o.jpg

Pachimari

Thank you SpaceWolf.
Many of these Black Order members looks really horrifying. I do wonder if they'll add some very slight horror elements to their battles.

[edit] Also thank you George for the explanation.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Thank you SpaceWolf.
Many of these Black Order members looks really horrifying. I do wonder if they'll add some very slight horror elements to their battles.

[edit] Also thank you George for the explanation.

To learn more about The Black Order, pick up a copy of the Infinity storyline today, available at all good bookstores!

portrait_incredible.jpg

Pachimari

To learn more about The Black Order, pick up a copy of the Infinity storyline today, available at all good bookstores!

portrait_incredible.jpg
Thanks a lot for the suggestion, really appreciate it. Is it by any chance available on Marvel Unlimited? If not, I wouldn't mind paying for it.

Pachimari

Hell yeah Ant-Man, bring on more, more and more. I just love all the material Marvel has, it's really hard to not like any of it so I'm embracing it all. Although Black Panther is definitely my favorite. I'm such a Wakanda boy that's for sure.

I've just had a look online for you and apparently it is!
Thanks, I'll check it out right when I get home. Very interesting.

Hell yeah Ant-Man, bring on more, more and more. I just love all the material Marvel has, it's really hard to not like any of it so I'm embracing it all. Although Black Panther is definitely my favorite. I'm such a Wakanda boy that's for sure.

Thanks, I'll check it out right when I get home. Very interesting.
Go all in.
X9zUA8X.png

Pachimari

Go all in.
X9zUA8X.png
Well I did just jumped back into comic books some weeks ago, and I am absolutely loving the current Black Panther run. But I gotta be honest, so far the Ultimate Spider-Man (2000) run has been somewhat tedious but I'm only 21 issues into that one. I just don't know if that series gets any better further in.

On that image you have posted. Do I read from left to right, so they are in chronological order or are these events not related to each other?

AMUSIX

"Until Sunday"....silly fallengorn, don't you know these things sell out within minutes? (yes, this one is already sold out)

hmmm, unless there's a different one?

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
"Until Sunday"....silly fallengorn, don't you know these things sell out within minutes? (yes, this one is already sold out)

hmmm, unless there's a different one?
I collect this stuff!

Regular edition is timed. The variant had a limited run.

There's also a bundle with pins if you want more Spidey stuff.

If Marvel Studios was building a website for itself and its properties what would you guys want to see?

I've always wanted to see an interactive official timeline and an in-universe encyclopedia like the index from AOS. Probably ARGs and stuff.

But seems like Marvel Digital Strategy seems to be on the cheap, simple and traditional side. Reddit, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube.

What do you guys think?

Well I did just jumped back into comic books some weeks ago, and I am absolutely loving the current Black Panther run. But I gotta be honest, so far the Ultimate Spider-Man (2000) run has been somewhat tedious but I'm only 21 issues into that one. I just don't know if that series gets any better further in.

On that image you have posted. Do I read from left to right, so they are in chronological order or are these events not related to each other?
Left to right, yeah. Start with the first column, top to bottom, then move onto the next.

SpaceWolf

Banned
If Marvel Studios was building a website for itself and its properties what would you guys want to see?

I've always wanted to see an interactive official timeline and an in-universe encyclopedia like the index from AOS. Probably ARGs and stuff.

As much as I enjoyed the film, Spiderman: Homecoming has absolutely fucked up the MCU timeline, so good luck to whoever they'd put in charge of working out that mess.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs

But seems like Marvel Digital Strategy seems to be on the cheap, simple and traditional side. Reddit, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube.

What do you guys think?

Marvel Studios and Marvel Television are separate entities now. Also there's bad blood between the two, so we likely won't see anything TV related like AOS.

Top Bottom