• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT3| 80.8 % Certified Fresh

Pachimari

About the "Tom Holland and Zendaya is dating" rumor:

jaYZDsd.png

Man, every time I see something from Black Panther, it looks more incredible. I cannot wait for that.

Anyway, when it comes to the TV/Movie division, I agree with those who say that maybe it's for the best. I liked Daredevil, Punisher, and most of AoS. The rest, I wouldn't miss. Especially with how bad Inhumans is looking. I'm fine with finally surrendering the dream and having the TV side stay separate.

Anyway, I'm re-watching Doctor Strange right now, and I'm liking it a lot more than I remember. It's a fun movie. I really hope the sequel takes some of the stuff we've seen and dials it all the way up to the max. And also, Scarlet Witch should be in Doctor Strange 2. That is all.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Anyway, when it comes to the TV/Movie division, I agree with those who say that maybe it's for the best. I liked Daredevil, Punisher, and most of AoS. The rest, I wouldn't miss. Especially with how bad Inhumans is looking. I'm fine with finally surrendering the dream and having the TV side stay separate.

Screw that.

If Inhumans is bad, it just won't ever be mentioned again. Other than that, Iron Fist is the only miss Marvel has had so far.

AoS, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Agent Carter have all been winners and all I want/need is some cameos in a fight scene in Infinity War Part 2. I think most fans would be happy with that.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Threadtitle update when?

Gonna write th ranking next week. I have the bets at work, and have a free day today, so I cant do it this week anymore

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Marathon continues with the low points of the MCU imo. Time to trigger Gaf, but IM3 is still a big fat nope from me. The ptsd angle seems rushed, Mandarin twist is still awful (but that might be the comic book fanboy in me), I dont even mind the kid but he is completely unnecessary and the action does nothing for me unlike the other IM movies. Sorry Gaf I know you all love IM3 these days.

The other low poiny is of course Thor The Dark World, which is doubly frustrating because having recently rewatched the first and super enjoying it I was hoping this would follow suit. Alas, its just bland, Malekith is terribly wasted (not to mention nothing like his comic book self), the Jane stuff is terrible, it feels like a vehicle to introduce the ether and nothing else. Loki is awesome at least but what else is new.

Time for the first Russo goodness now.

AMUSIX

Well, you're wrong on IM3, but it's good to see that you're already aware of that.

As for Dark World...yeah, I agree with you that it's at the low point of the MCU (tied with TIH). The biggest sin of Dark World was that it was uninteresting, which is a stunning feat, considering the material. It does have one of the best final boss battles up to that point in the MCU, but that's not enough to save it from general blandness.

Funny thing is, as meh as I am on Dark World, I still enjoy watching it, which says a fuckton about the general quality of these movies.

Looking at the D23 stuff, is there anything from Inhumans there? They're really giving Perlmutter a huge 'fuck you' with that project, aren't they?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Whats the point in doing Inhumans now since the Royale Family is wasted and dumped in shit? They are the only thing that is interesting in the franchise.

Fhtagn

I like the Mandarin twist but I find some of the comedy bits in IM3 go on way too long, like the guy in the media van who loves Stark; it's middle-tier MCU for me.

AMUSIX

Whats the point in doing Inhumans now since the Royale Family is wasted and dumped in shit? They are the only thing that is interesting in the franchise.

Inhumans has to be done for Ike...they're sending it out to die simply because they don't give a fuck what Ike wants anymore.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Goddamn Winter Soldier is good. Give the Russos all the money Marvel.

Rhaknar

Also Widow is great in WS, Marvel dropped the ball big time in not giving Scar Jo her own movie, between her kick ass spy stuff and flashbacks to red room training it would be easy to make one.

Way too late now tho.

jph139

I always feel like a weirdo for not loving Winter Soldier - it's definitely the worst Cap movie for me. The Russos have a great eye for action but, for whatever reason, I left both of their movies feeling... underwhelmed? Like, they fill the mold perfectly but they never break it.

Maybe it's just because I don't like their Cap. Curious how they'll do with the larger Avengers cast. Focusing on Stark will help since he was the highlight of Civil War.

Pachimari

Concept artist Ryan Meinerding has shared a picture of an early concept art for Spider-Man's homemade costume on his Instagram:

rLjGnlJ.png

How I wish they had went with this one. Reminds me so much of Ben Reilly's blue vest costume.

IHaveIce

Banned
Concept artist Ryan Meinerding has shared a picture of an early concept art for Spider-Man's homemade costume on his Instagram:

rLjGnlJ.png

How I wish they had went with this one. Reminds me so much of Ben Reilly's blue vest costume.
Lol it reminds you of it? It is almost a 1 to 1 copy.
I thought the one in the movie looked really homemade and more fitting

Top Bottom