• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT3| 80.8 % Certified Fresh

Pachimari

EW: Black Panther first look (meow!)

mld-01438_r.jpg

Wakanda Royal Portrait.

New art for Inhumans:

In that development, it's a very small part of what would have happened with Black Bolt and Medusa when they were younger. That's how they created this language. She went into the chamber and created the language with him. So that was a small mimicking of how we apply that in real life and what would it have taken for the two of them to build a language with no words with mass consequence if it goes wrong. For Anson and I, it's been important to show that love that would have been created in this intense intimate situation.

Iwan Rheon Describes The Inhuman Royal Family As "Shakespearean"

New Defenders image from Empire:
DEiH7AqXkAAR_-E.jpg

Pachimari

Interview with Black Bolt actor Anson Mount:
And [showrunner] Scott Buck is not a dumb writer. Scott Buck is a very, very good writer. I was just saying to the other group, one of his biggest jobs as an adapter of material from the graphic novels to a live-action performance is to ground this in a way that it has more accessibility to a viewer rather than a reader, to a general public rather than a strictly comic book audience. I think he's doing a great job.

Do you get the full mask?
I will say this. When you're adapting something from a different medium, even if it's a visual medium like a graphic novel, to live-action, you have to ground it so that it's more accessible to the viewer because it's a colder medium. They're not going to be leaning as far forward. I'm a fan of, like every theater geek who went to graduate school I did my time doing mask work. I'm not sure TV is the space for masks.

SpaceWolf

Banned
I will say this. When you're adapting something from a different medium, even if it's a visual medium like a graphic novel, to live-action, you have to ground it so that it's more accessible to the viewer because it's a colder medium. They're not going to be leaning as far forward. I'm a fan of, like every theater geek who went to graduate school I did my time doing mask work. I'm not sure TV is the space for masks.

It's the fucking Inhumans. You're adapting a story about a group of superpowered people who live in giant a floating kingdom along with a giant mutant dog.

Buuuuuuuuck!

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I like how literally every single quote about Inhumans is to minimize its comic-bookiness, which is literally the Defining Trait of why Marvel movies are good, for wholeheartedly embracing their comic-bookiness.

Feige must be rolling in his grave.

I will say this. When you’re adapting something from a different medium, even if it’s a visual medium like a graphic novel, to live-action, you have to ground it so that it’s more accessible to the viewer because it’s a colder medium. They’re not going to be leaning as far forward. I’m a fan of, like every theater geek who went to graduate school I did my time doing mask work. I’m not sure TV is the space for masks.

Green Arrow has a mask, Flash has a mask, fucking Daredevil from the same company has a mask.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://thathashtagshow.com/2017/07/exclusive-major-addition-to-the-cast-of-ant-man-and-the-wasp/

Supposedly, Bill Foster will appear in Ant-Man and the Wasp.

goliath-233x300.jpg

While details are sparse, we know that the studio has a party interested in filling the role of a highly intelligent African American male between 55-65. While we weren't told which actor has his eyes on the prize, we do believe we can deduce from Ant-Man's comic mythology that the role is LIKELY to be that of Dr. Bill Foster.

Given the age of the actor being sought, it seems that this version of Foster will be a contemporary of Pym's, possibly brought in to help solve some problems with the enlarging properties of the Pym Particles displayed by Scott Lang in Captain America: Civil War. Of course it's possible that the role is not that of Foster, in which case Dr. Adam Brashear would be another option, but given his comic book history, Foster is the best fit.

Bronx-Man

Banned
It's crazy seeing how deeper and deeper the MCU is taking from the comics as time goes on. I mean holy crap, Jimmy Woo & Goliath appearing in movies now who would have EVER guessed that even five years ago?

That makes me really happy, I want the movie to really dig into Pym and Janet's past adventures. A flashback scene with Ant-Man, Wasp, Goliath and other allies would be awesome.

Pachimari

Man-Ape won't go by this moniker in the Black Panther movie.
"We don't call him Man-Ape," producer Nate Moore confirms in an interview. with EW. "We do call him M'Baku. Having a black character dress up as an ape, I think there's a lot of racial implications that don't sit well, if done wrong. But the idea that they worship the gorilla gods is interesting because it's a movie about the Black Panther who, himself, is a sort of deity in his own right."

M'Baku believes Wakanda should remain hidden, and that T'Chaka made a mistake going to the U.N.
"In M'Baku's worldview, T'Chaka made a huge mistake going to the U.N.," Moore adds. "‘We should never engage with the outside world. That's a terrible mistake. And if his son is anything like his father, I don't support him being on the throne.'"

"Politically, he just has different ideology," says Moore of the villain who wants to be king. "Man-Ape is a problematic character for a lot of reasons, but the idea behind Man-Ape we thought was really fascinating. ... It's a line I think we're walking, and hopefully walking successfully."

Top Bottom