• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT3| 80.8 % Certified Fresh

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I think it's pretty cool how the glimpse of Janet we actually got to see in Ant-Man does indeed look a hell of a lot like Michelle Pfeiffer from a distance.

y1UAu8w.jpg

She's even got like, an identical chin! Part of me almost wonders if this was their plan all along.

It sorta was.
https://youtu.be/5PUzypCbC-E?t=36s

curb

Banned
I really like the Avengers suit but I'd prefer it be saved only for actual Avenger-ing. The Homecoming sequel should have him go back to his regular look.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Tessa Thompson was asked about Thor: Ragnarok's after-credit sequences:

"Dude, we killed it. I mean hopefully. We did so many setups, and also what was so exciting is you could see like at the end of the day it would get cut in... There's two characters in the film that potentially have a fight scene, and some of the reshoots were just adding. So it wasn't like reshooting stuff, a lot of it was just additional photography or like shooting tags which may or may not have included cameos from elsewhere."

Fingers crossed for Beta Ray Bill.

SpaceWolf

Banned
You really want Bill to get the Howard the Duck treatment? No, you don't.

That Howard of the Duck cameo remains my favourite post-credits scene of all time, so absolutely.

Big Marvel characters can debut in post-credits teases only to show up in a more meaningful capacity later down the line. Just look at Nick Fury and Thanos.

This is way too fucking perfect. Though I'm not sure I will like the glowing eyes, I hate them in the new Spidey comics.

The glowing eyes are rad in the comics right now.

You can get me to accept a lot of shit with Peter's costume if he was the one who made it.

Always thought that was Beta Ray Bill in Guardians, but Gunn came out and explicitly said it wasn't. Though he's kinda been annoying about Easter Eggs in Guardians, we're 3 years removed from it and he still won't tell us which ones the fan base has allegedly failed to notice.

(God, Tessa is so beautiful)

Pachimari

Avengers: Infinity War Will ‘Really Explore' Vision-Scarlet Witch Relationship
”In any other world I would say, ‘I don't know,'" Scarlet Witch actress Elizabeth Olsen told We Got This Covered, ”but because there are paparazzi photos that kind of spoil things for fans, I think it's safe to say that we now get to explore that part of the comic book. We get to introduce and really explore their relationship. It creates a really exciting arc for me and I'm so lucky I get to work with [Paul] Bettany all the time now."

From some months ago:

It's kind of a shame that we won't get to see Hank Pym interact with Tony in the Avengers that would of been an interesting dynamic

Because what Tony Stark needs right now is someone else who has their own opinions about Howard Stark and who will inevitably compare the memory of the father with his son right now.

... But as someone who wasn't into Howard Stark trying to emulate the Pym Particle, maybe he'd be a different spin on it.

"Hey I knew your father."
"Join the club."
"I hated your father."
"... I like you."

I noticed Bill Foster will be in the new ant man, Hank's lab assistant/protege

didn't Bill Foster create a superior version of the Pym Particles or was it just different?

Pachimari

The Runaways panel is happening in a moment.

Danette Chavez (@BonMotVivant)
Hulu's up next at #TCA17. Got to watch some early Runaways footage, and I'm getting some vague Riverdale vibes—which is to say, I'm excited.

Jarett Wieselman‏Verified account @JarettSays
Hulu now paneling Marvel's #Runaways at #TCA17 — trailer looks ~real~ promising.

"This is a story where teenagers are starting to see their parents as human," Josh Schwartz says of #Runaways

"It all lives in the same world. How it's connected remains to be seen. Right now we're trying to tell a great story" - Jeph Loeb

Jeph Loeb says #MarvelsRunaways isn't concerned with what's going on w/ The Avengers (or Defenders, for that matter).

Allegra Acosta: @runaways is more relatable as it's a group of teens with special abilities who find each other.

Schwartz says there are no true villains on #Runaways. They built out the parents to see their stories and complexities, too.

#BrianKVaughan helped flesh out the stories of the parents. 2nd ep tells same story as 1st, from parents POV

Feliz says his character has a good relationship with his family so the reveal is hard and he doesn't want to accept it.

Sulkin says the kids don't like each other but they share the common goal of getting down to the truth about their parents.

Ariela Barer says a big theme is "am I the product of this" [evil] on #Runaways.

"We didn't view it as a superhero show," Schwartz said. "We viewed it as a coming-of-age drama, family show inside Marvel"

Someone just asked about Victor Mancha. @AllegraAcosta fangirled. Jeph just said "stay tuned."

Josh Schwartz praises the "great source material" they had to work with from #Runaways. He's "a huge Brian K. Vaughan enthusiast.

It was important to EP Stephanie Savage that even with heightened situations, the reactions would feel emotionally true.

"Runaways was always within the Top Three" that people wanted to do for Marvel Television.

Loeb says they used to refer to #Runaways as #TheOC of the Marvel universe, so this collaboration is everything.

"Our shows aren't the same+shouldn't be ... We tell the best story we can 1st+then figure out cape+cowl+powers" - Jeph Loeb

.@Runaways will live inside the conflict between the parents and kids longer than the original comic did.

"It dives deeper than the comics and makes it more modernized. The characters are more diverse & you can relate to them more"

”Arila Barer about the @runaways writers: they don't try too hard to be hip.

”Sulkin says Schwartz and Savage have an open door policy and are willing to hear ideas from the young cast.

Pachimari

Avengers: Infinity War Director Teases Reality Gem’s Role
“Each gem has its own special power. We had to put a lot of thought into how we would represent those powers so it was clear to the audience. Not only are you dealing with a lot of characters, you are also dealing with the stones, the gems, and there’s a lot of them,” Russo told Screen Rant at San Diego Comic Con.
“So for people to keep track of all of it, we had to get really specific. I won’t divulge how we use the Reality Stone, but we do use it.”

You know, there are so many small screen properties now that I'd be OK with just the shows interacting with each other, guesting every once in a while, and just obliquely referencing the movies like always. But I have my doubts they can even get that done.

Top Bottom