• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

They've given away so many rank up and tier 2 tickets lately, I hope they throw some black antimatter our way soon

Was about to start working on my 2nd BO character before the update but now it's all going towards Strange

Who is the best BO to level up, I already have Proxmia Midnight at 2 star/level 40.

-Digits-

Out of all the things to block progress in this game, for me, it is not GUKs, it is not stones, it is not BAM, it's gold. The nerf to AB rewards doesn't help things either.

On another note, I did SuperG today with a team led by my 6 star, fully mastered level 47 Ancient One with level 5 gears and no ISO. I actually got her to the second phase, lol. My strikers did most of the work obviously, but he spent so much time in iframes and did so much healing that he actually survived long enough to get to that point. It was quite amusing.

Is Santana the best of the new characters to level up?

I dunno, I just like her. Also Im partial to characters who are heavy on Regen, and she has a 15% on attack passive that heals her. With the right Custom Gear and ISO set that could be dangerous.

Who is the best BO to level up, I already have Proxmia Midnight at 2 star/level 40.

I think this is subjective but I want to do Corvus Glaive next. He and Proxima are like the ultimate cosmic Power Couple so I should have them both.

Pejo

I was cruising right through the Dr. Strange epic quest, then got to the step where I have to 4* that random dude from scratch. Boo.

That should stump me for a few days. I could use my login bios that I purchased, but I'm trying to get my first T2 character (Carnage) and I don't want to detract from that goal just yet.

Does anyone know the total Bios you need to get to +20 in all gear slots from +15? I really hope I don't have to do a second month of daily Bios to get Carnage done.

I was cruising right through the Dr. Strange epic quest, then got to the step where I have to 4* that random dude from scratch. Boo.

That should stump me for a few days. I could use my login bios that I purchased, but I'm trying to get my first T2 character (Carnage) and I don't want to detract from that goal just yet.

Does anyone know the total Bios you need to get to +20 in all gear slots from +15? I really hope I don't have to do a second month of daily Bios to get Carnage done.

I was looking at that today myself because I'm trying to T2 Sharog and it seems to be at LEAST 200-300, so... yeah. It's kind of nutty how grindy this game is considering there are so many characters. Currently planning to play through the month (I bought daily bio selectors and crystals), see how far I get, and then maybe take a break for a few weeks to get more free stuff when I come back, and maybe costs will have gone down (or droprates up), idk.

It's super luck based. I've had to use anywhere from 300 to 500 total. I would say average is around 100 bios per slot from 15-20.

Surprisingly, I have just over 1,200 Chaos Norns so that quest won't be a problem. The real hurdle for me will be 4,200 R1 BAM and 26,375,000 gold. I'm only at 2,411 R1 BAM and 3m Gold. I just got Proxima to 55/6/6 a week or 2 ago, so that wiped out my Gold and BAM cache.

The Kree

Banned
Stuff Gained through Epic Quests:

60/6/6 T2 Doctor Strange

Norn Stone of Strength, 25

Gear Up Kits, 300

Bio Selectors, 30/40/50/60/70=270 total

Crystals, 20/20/30/40/50=160 total

Gold, 150,000+200,000= 350,000 total

Clear Tickets, 50/50/100= 200 total

ISO-8 Chest, 5/6/6* (Awakened)

Comic Card Chest, 5*

Energy, 100

LMAO

I have 3 Tier two tickets ready to go. I have Elsa, ShaRog, and Carnage. Who should I boost up next? I feel like I can go further in Shadowlands/WB if I had more Tier 2 characters.

Is Carnage the best all-round combat hero? I don't have any high level Combat heroes, looking at possibly just boosting Carnage to 6*/6* to have someone to do stuff with.

Is Carnage the best all-round combat hero? I don't have any high level Combat heroes, looking at possibly just boosting Carnage to 6*/6* to have someone to do stuff with.

When I was asking about what characters to boost up, seemed like Many were saying Iron Fist..I also see a lot of Moon Knights out there that are tiered 2.

I'm working on Iron Fist the old-fashioned way because I already have a bunch invested in him and his bios are easily farmable, but it's gonna take a while to get him up.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
For me, I went from "Barely able to get to 2 or 5" to getting to 11/12 now.

A few pointers:

• Having a lead character, and 2 "fodder" that give them team bonuses is a valid strat.
  • This also means throwing 1 and 4 stars on the team with a 6* to give them the buffs.
  • Leaderships matter. Damage ups, Healing... these are all very useful.
  • T2's aren't the only answer. 6*s can also clear floors with proper setups.
  • Ideally, you want to save T2's for as late as you can.
  • Getting to Rank.. 3 VIP, so you get % healing when character switching helps A LOT.
  • Crowd Control / Status effects are KING.
-- Shock stops attacks
-- Movement slow-down can actually make it so you outpace an enemy, and get far enough where they forget to engage you again.
-- Paralyze is great.
-- So is Web, but I actually don't have many high level Spiderverse characters, ha.
-- Poison and Bleeding are... OK. But they don't hurt as much as I'd like, personally. But hey, free damage!

I loved being able to use 6* White Tiger to force Hawkeye / Winder Soldier into a corner easily. Her 1 and 5 abilities both have stun on them, and her amulet invincibility lets her weather all the AOE attacks they have while setting up damage.

Elza can destroy a floor pretty well. On-the-spot damage immunity with quick enough Cooldown really helps her survive in a pinch, even without character switching.

Watch out for Hulkling. Wiccan and Lash, whom all have damage-reflect abilities. Doing moves that make you invincible while attacking helps counter this, as does hitting them before they have the time to summon their reflect shields.

Normally, one character is more of a thread than the other in a Relay battle. Try to take out the one that does the most damage first.

• Crowd Control / Status effects are KING.

This so hard. A 6* Songbird can solo Combat Relay. Just keep them tied up with Bind and Paralyze while keeping your shield up while you pummel away. May take a few retries to get the rhythm down and the positioning, but once you do you're golden.

Ugh, the RNG on getting Clea shifter bios is frustrating. I thought after the whole Giant Man situation they would always make them guaranteed. The RNG aspect popped up again with Gwenpool, but they fixed it in the following update.

Now here we are again with this nonsense. I'm 9/10 bios toward unlocking Clea because half the time she shifts in I don't get a bio for it. I'm extra salty because my last mission for today had her shift in, but didn't drop my final bio.

Have the maths geniuses done the work on the new characters yet? Any of them in the Sharon-esque levels of Tier-2 awesomeness?

I have a few T2 tickets now and just deciding between using them on Iron Fist/Silk/Gwenpool/Wasp/Yellowjacket or holding out to see if the new pack characters are going to be next level.

All I need is enough BAM for two more of the rank 6 material and I'm done with Strange. Unfortunately, that's going to take some time.

Have the maths geniuses done the work on the new characters yet? Any of them in the Sharon-esque levels of Tier-2 awesomeness?

I have a few T2 tickets now and just deciding between using them on Iron Fist/Silk/Gwenpool/Wasp/Yellowjacket or holding out to see if the new pack characters are going to be next level.

So the Doctor is as good as a maxed Thanos, but a T2 ticket is pointless there. I'd say all the characters you mentioned as great for different purposes.

Wasp is the queen of Timeline and PVP. Equip her with guard break immunity and she can solo any team, including Thanos, Strange, and Sharon.

Iron Fist is a monster at World Boss. He melts the BO bosses.

Gwenpool is fun and does crazy damage. I like her, but I'm not positive she stands out in any one area. Very solid all around.

I just used my T2 ticket from the Halloween event on Silk cause I love her. Same old Silk. A bit left behind with power creep, but she's not far off.

I hear amazing things about Yellowjacket. Just amazing. I think he's underrated actually. I don't have him T2.

The Kree

Banned
I have Yellowjacket at T2 with all Energy Attack options and his 6* ability is just stupid.

Gonna try an experiment tomorrow: I have exactly 320 bios for Songbird sitting at 5*, so I'm gonna use the Halloween tokens to buy two 6*rank up tickets, use one on her, and then see if that's enough to take her gears from 15 to 20.

Thanks. Ended up using one of them on Iron Fist as I'm still pushing to be able to do 5/5 of all the WB's every day. Hopefully Iron Fist helps another notch daily.

Going to keep one in case one of the new characters turns out to be amazing.

EDIT: Best ISO set for Strange?

-Digits-

I'm stuck at the 4 rank 6 BAM stage for Strange. I have the mats, but lack the funds. It will take me around a week at this rate to get them. Currently at 2/4.

The Kree

Banned
I've given up on Strange already. Used a few rank tickets on Mordo, already at 6/6/55. I'll just farm the rest of the bios for his gears and Tier 2 him in a month or two, whatever it takes. His spells are very cool.

And done.

cyr3Rmz.jpg

Is there a good guide about changing 'gear' options? I keep on seeing people alluding to changing this or that option on gears 1-4. I know this is likely why my tier 2s are having issues with WB is bvecause my gear is not where they should be at.

I have zero clue about this.

Is there a good guide about changing 'gear' options? I keep on seeing people alluding to changing this or that option on gears 1-4. I know this is likely why my tier 2s are having issues with WB is bvecause my gear is not where they should be at.

I have zero clue about this.

go to the gear screen and hit change option. You can auto-change so it'll keep rolling until you get the option you selected. Not much more to it than that.

Struggling with the grind atm. I'm in that no man's land where the easy content is just auto-play, but the hard content is still way too hard. I can't even do villain siege Hard mode, let alone Shadowlands or WB. I last like 2-3 minutes in AB on a good run. Everything is super expensive to upgrade (skills are a ridiculous gold sink, that shit should level automatically).

Everything is super expensive to upgrade (skills are a ridiculous gold sink, that shit should level automatically).

Don't bother upgrading skills. It's one of the smallest gains you can get for your character. The only skills that should be maxed are buffs/shields and summons.

It's really odd that they haven't done anything about their cost/benefit ratio by now.

I like to level skills to 3-4 then ignore them until I have some spare gold left(and then only upgrade their best skills).

Ancient One is really surprising me with her strength, I had her take lead vs Black Dwarf so I could take him down with Wasp but she essentially solo'd him herself even though she's only T1 level 54(with a bad iso set).

Satana isn't as good in WB as a major strength of hers is crowd control with her 5* skill, but she's not been T2'd yet so we'll see. She's hard to build a team around since she HAS to be leader for that insane fire damage boost but her team up bonuses are almost exclusively with Strange and Luke Cage, so it's awkward. Actually almost all the Strange characters have bad team ups except for strange.

Also one MAJOR fault I've seen with Satana and the Ancient One is that if they're controlled by AI they will NEVER use their 6* skill unless every other skill is on CD. Seems like a large oversight.

Sad about the new log in event giving no T2 ticket, I already have an insane amount of rank up tickets, might as well spend some now.

Awww yeah!
Didn't think I'd have any chance of doing this for at least a couple weeks.

I'd forgotten that I had already merged a whole bunch of BAM with the intention of getting Proxima to 5 star way back and I'd done nothing since then.

Amazingly, I had almost exactly the right amount of BAM and material today when I started the fusion to get the required 4.

Like I needed 2950 BAM and I had 2951 haha..

1 left! Pretty sweet, but DAMN, feels like starting completely over again! Lowest gold I've been at in forever.

I've got some 3-stars I can 6-star using free tickets. Who's most useful as a regular ol' 6-star? Got Mockingbird, Carol, Kingpin, Elsa, Spiderman, Gwenpool, Wiccan, Iron Man and Singularity at 3 stars.

Top Bottom