• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

Update notes are out!

Quick thoughts:

- Dr. Strange being a T2-only character is interesting. Good way to make him justifiably OP I guess.

I mean... lol??
1b099e2503614dda946ac937425291d5.png

- The new characters have tons of CC. Going to be great for pvp and Shadowlands.
- BO characters got some crazy T2 passives. Thanos in particular has a hilariously good one.
- All uniforms look like must-haves.
- AB Extreme mode looks like it's in addition to regular AB each day. Not sure how I feel about that unless they have made regular AB quicker (which they may have " Total amount of enemies and points will be modified.")
- ISO modifying in inventory menu, faster Rift bar completion, and Frost beast changes are all nice as well.

Character types are as follows:

Blast: Strange, Mordo, Kaecilius, Ancient One
Speed: Wong
Universal: Clea, Hellstrom, Satana

Update looking good, I am really not a fan of BO getting T2 passives, absolutely unnecessary, especially on Thanos.

As usual I'll be waiting a couple days to see which new characters are the strongest, hoping Satana is one of them.

Those Frost Beast changes are really nice! It was annoying baiting the spawns for the first few beasts. Now I can just bum-rush them and not worry about it!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
The Trailer and App update are out on the Android store.

Looks like the in-game title screen has now turned to a cinematic trailer (!?!), showing Thanos and Strange.

Whoah yeah that's nuts. It boots you out pretty quick due to maintenance but the title screen is now an FMV featuring Thanos and Strange.

Mordo looks cool wow, and i love Satana's costume.

-Digits-

I wonder what insane things they'll make us do for Strange. And I wonder if wallets will be able to bypass any of it.
Excited about this update, everything shown so far looks amazing.

All this new stuff in incredible. The visuals on the attacks for the new characters have raised the bar. Strange, Mordo (non-uni >>> uni), and Clea are glorious.

Also you get a T2 ticket the first time you beat floor 1 of Shadowlands. NM you crazy.

Kicking myself for doing Special Mission before the reset. Now I have to wait until tomorrow to continue the Epic Quest. He is freaking great so far! Loving his movie costume and animations.

Kicking myself for doing Special Mission before the reset. Now I have to wait until tomorrow to continue the Epic Quest. He is freaking great so far! Loving his movie costume and animations.
Same here. I hadn't read anything about the new update's features, so I had no idea how Epic Quests would work. >_<

I did my weekly 5 stages of Shadowland and got T2 Ticket, 4* Rank Ticket, 4* Mastery Ticket, 5* Rank Ticket, 5* Mastery Ticket. Stage 6's first time reward is a 6* Rank Ticket, but I can't beat it. :/

So with the new update what is the early word? Do level one of shadowlands to get tier 2. Dr strange OP? What is epic quests

Epic Quest is like Journey of Growth kinda but specifically to power up Doctor Strange. He can only level/rank up/mastery by completing Epic Quest. Some of the missions are pretty prohibitive (like you basically have to rank up every new character to 4* apparently) so it will take time to get all the way through and fully power up Strange.

I did my weekly 5 stages of Shadowland and got T2 Ticket, 4* Rank Ticket, 4* Mastery Ticket, 5* Rank Ticket, 5* Mastery Ticket. Stage 6's first time reward is a 6* Rank Ticket, but I can't beat it. :/

Whoa, really?

Anyone got any Shadowlands tips? I'm struggling with it and I have a lot of high(ish) powered characters.

Ok wow. Strange is powerful. This is just running auto on co-op. Both my teammates were lv60, my Doctor Strange is currently lv50, 4* ranked and 3* mastery. I think ant-man either lagged out or didn't know wtf he was doing lol. He's been handling himself pretty well in other missions above his level.

f5Yc1odh.jpg

Unfortunately I'm stuck on Epic Quest because the next stage of progression requires TEN FREAKING Rank 3 Black Anti-Matter.

I'm glad I saved a bunch of rank up tickets for these new characters that's the only reason I've been able to progress so fast. Buuuut I haven't been saving up BAM so I'll need a few days of World Boss to get to the next step.

Epic Quest is like Journey of Growth kinda but specifically to power up Doctor Strange. He can only level/rank up/mastery by completing Epic Quest. Some of the missions are pretty prohibitive (like you basically have to rank up every new character to 4* apparently) so it will take time to get all the way through and fully power up Strange.

Ahh

Thanks. I guess I should have saved my blast Bio selectors, but who knew.

wow they certainly made it that way to really make you consider spending a bunch of money, huh?

speaking of, christ it takes a lot of stuff to max out gear. I'll never even get to use my T2 advancement token.

-Digits-

Damn, I just screwed myself by using my last 3 entries of Memory Missions but forgetting to put Strange in my party. Ah well, I'll continue tomorrow.

I was facing a 3 star Strange in TL and he actually put a small dent in my T2 Sharon Rogers. I think we're in for a good time once a lot of people have him maxed.

I have two 6* Mega Rank Up tickets. I may use them on Satana and Clea. They'll probably forever have only +15 gears, but at least I can 60/6/6 them + get past their, eventual, 5* Epic Quests.

Right now, I'm stalled at 4*ing Wong. I need another 60 bios for him before I can do that, so I'll use my Shadowland 5 (it's the furthest I can get) reward tomorrow for him. Ancient One and Kaecilius will take a long time to rank up, since I used this week's Shadowland reward + a 4* Rank Up Ticket on Mordo and will use next week's Shadowland reward + a bunch of Green Bio selectors I had saved from waaaaaay back on Wong.

Thanks for the heads up on the Shadowlands. I only cleared 4 levels but I did get the Tier 2 for the 1st mission.

I now have 3 Tier 2 tickets. Dr Strange is already tier 2. But who else would you guys recommend out of the new guys to get a tier 2 advancement? I have several .

Thanks for the heads up on the Shadowlands. I only cleared 4 levels but I did get the Tier 2 for the 1st mission.

I now have 3 Tier 2 tickets. Dr Strange is already tier 2. But who else would you guys recommend out of the new guys to get a tier 2 advancement? I have several .

I'm trying to figure out which new char to T2 first as well. I want Satana but that's gonna take forever.

Ancient One seems pretty cool.

I am getting absolutely killed by Supergiant today. They have this one attack that takes about 80% of Sharon Rogers Health.

Ugh.

Is it the move she does when the green bar appears? If so, when the green bar appears stop doing moves and wait it out. You will hear a distinctive sound effect and see a red ring appear around her when she is ready to discharge the energy blast. As soon as you see that ring, use your shield or swap out to dodge the damage.

You can also try doing lots of physical damage to deplete the green bar before she does it, but I usually do the first method.

Is it the move she does when the green bar appears? If so, when the green bar appears stop doing moves and wait it out. You will hear a distinctive sound effect and see a red ring appear around her when she is ready to discharge the energy blast. As soon as you see that ring, use your shield or swap out to dodge the damage.

You can also try doing lots of physical damage to deplete the green bar before she does it, but I usually do the first method.

I think so, thank you I will try this

I hope they make some adjustments to this patch or I might take a break for a while, I saved up a shitton of rank up tickets(3 T2 tickets), gold, materials and crystals for this patch so I could get Satana ranked up and it turns out it's all been for nothing as the game keeps throwing unreasonable quest after unreasonable quest at me. It's just depressing.

It wouldn't even be the worst thing in the world if the research quests weren't so insane.

I was at the brink today, strongly considering spending like 40 euros on some special offer VIP pack, but yeah, realizing that even that was not going to get me significantly closer to fully unlocking Strange made me back down. I'd be paying to skip some grind, sure, but ultimately it would feel like a bit of a waste. I know I'm a new player but I can't imagine any F2P player being able to complete this quest in a reasonable time frame. Requiring other characters just to unlock Strange is bananas, let alone the 1200 stones and whatever else. Hard to see it as anything other than a money grab.

Next update is confirmed to be Asgard themed. Angela's time to shine is almost upon us. Get your FLokis ready!

I hope they make some adjustments to this patch or I might take a break for a while, I saved up a shitton of rank up tickets(3 T2 tickets), gold, materials and crystals for this patch so I could get Satana ranked up and it turns out it's all been for nothing as the game keeps throwing unreasonable quest after unreasonable quest at me. It's just depressing.

It wouldn't even be the worst thing in the world if the research quests weren't so insane.

I know this isn't the answer you want to see, but forking over the cash for a bio sub will seriously ease this for you. Even with all the materials you said you have saved, you'd still need to rank up her gear. That's going to take forever considering you can only earn a maximum of 10 a day once her missions are unlocked, and at the cost of 200 debris to run them.

I was at the brink today, strongly considering spending like 40 euros on some special offer VIP pack, but yeah, realizing that even that was not going to get me significantly closer to fully unlocking Strange made me back down. I'd be paying to skip some grind, sure, but ultimately it would feel like a bit of a waste. I know I'm a new player but I can't imagine any F2P player being able to complete this quest in a reasonable time frame. Requiring other characters just to unlock Strange is bananas, let alone the 1200 stones and whatever else. Hard to see it as anything other than a money grab.

Everything in the game is a money grab :p

The requirements actually aren't that bad. It's roughly the cost of a non-Thanos BO character. That's an incredibly steep hill to climb for a newbie, but veterans can knock it out by the time the next update rolls around.

Someone as powerful as Strange, who is Thanos level broken, shouldn't be easy to get. The fact that; he's the cost of only a regular BO, you end up leveling a bunch of characters who are great instead of feeding bios into a void to level him, and receive other benefits like crystals from quest rewards should make it more than tolerable.

Even if you don't want any of the other characters, it's better than feeding the same bios to level a BO. The 1200 norns are also in line with mastering a BO or getting a T2 upgrade (+200). The cost is not unreasonable at all.

The first time rewards in SL help a lot in getting what you need. It's not much, but it makes a dent. You get a free T2 token from the first floor! Later on you get a rank 6 BAM, 25% of the mats needed for the final quest! I get not everyone can get this far, but this is content that was only recently released. We've been getting a lot of major updates lately. It's part of the journey getting there!

I get it may take a while, like Thanos took for those of us that did that. I personally will be stuck on the BAM as I stupidly wasted it on CG right before the update.

Does he have any cutscenes or dialogue or anything?

You just see his character model and he says some lines about getting you to fight other people. Nothing much really. To be honest, I'm amazed he isn't playable yet. Apart from his character model existing, the Secret Wars Red Skull has animations like you'd expect from Tasky.

I know this isn't the answer you want to see, but forking over the cash for a bio sub will seriously ease this for you. Even with all the materials you said you have saved, you'd still need to rank up her gear. That's going to take forever considering you can only earn a maximum of 10 a day once her missions are unlocked, and at the cost of 200 debris to run them.

Everything in the game is a money grab :p

The requirements actually aren't that bad. It's roughly the cost of a non-Thanos BO character. That's an incredibly steep hill to climb for a newbie, but veterans can knock it out by the time the next update rolls around.
Can I get her bios in bio sub if I haven't unlocked her missions yet? I'd be totally okay to do that but I dont want to risk wasting it in case she's not available.

And I'm fine with the costs of upgrading Strange, it's just really annoying when you don't really want to upgrade Strange but other characters instead. They just made Strange ultra busted to justify forcing everyone to rank him up.

Can I get her bios in bio sub if I haven't unlocked her missions yet? I'd be totally okay to do that but I dont want to risk wasting it in case she's not available.

And I'm fine with the costs of upgrading Strange, it's just really annoying when you don't really want to upgrade Strange but other characters instead. They just made Strange ultra busted to justify forcing everyone to rank him up.

Yeah I already have her 6*/6* because I used subscription bios to unlock her and then used mega rank up and mastery tix. Don't have Dark Dimension access yet.

The hard part is getting the bios for gear maxing and tier 2

They've given away so many rank up and tier 2 tickets lately, I hope they throw some black antimatter our way soon

Was about to start working on my 2nd BO character before the update but now it's all going towards Strange

Top Bottom