• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

Pejo

Man this Purple stone grind is killing me. I purchased a few limited time packs for like 50/100 and then grinded out some stages, and after a week and a half i'm only now pushing 600.

Regardless, I must have Strange, so I'll persist, but damn it's soul-crushing.

I'm really not looking forward to the Chaos stones part.

Also, now that I have a T2 Character (Carnage), what else do I need to beat a world boss? I tried doing Proxima a few days ago, and got her down to about half HP, but then got destroyed as soon as Carnage died. I'm in the process of leveling/gearing Sharon Rogers and Elsa to T2 them as well. Is that a safe bet for World Boss clears, or should I be focusing on other characters? I don't really care who's good for other events, I'm looking just at boss clears. I have a handful of rank up tickets, and mastery stones for every color but purple, so no universals if possible.

Man this Purple stone grind is killing me. I purchased a few limited time packs for like 50/100 and then grinded out some stages, and after a week and a half i'm only now pushing 600.

Also, now that I have a T2 Character (Carnage), what else do I need to beat a world boss? I tried doing Proxima a few days ago, and got her down to about half HP, but then got destroyed as soon as Carnage died. I'm in the process of leveling/gearing Sharon Rogers and Elsa to T2 them as well. Is that a safe bet for World Boss clears, or should I be focusing on other characters? I don't really care who's good for other events, I'm looking just at boss clears. I have a handful of rank up tickets, and mastery stones for every color but purple, so no universals if possible.

I got Sharog to T2 a few days ago and have managed to kill Thanos, Proxima and Black Dwarf since. Infinity Thanos was still too hard, and Black Dwarf was a bitch, took several tries. I use Carnage and FLoki as backups at T1 without maxed gears.

I really feel like Nico got the short end of the stick here, that T2 seems really mediocre to me, I'll hold off on T2s until I know if it's worth it.

I mean Nico is already really solid. She had one specific problem, survivability, which is addressed here. The heal is decent and the shield will help a lot given how risky it is to use her fifth skill currently. Add to that a hefty damage increase on her already strong skills, and now she's a monster once again.

What caught my attention though, is that she's the first summon character to get a passive that doesn't affect the summons directly (more atk/def/duration/health). Wonder if Loki may end up the same.

Are you using your chaos tokens on purple norns? That's one way to speed things up if you aren't.

As for WBs, do you have a good set of strikers? For Carnage you can just use 8% physical attack and 10% damage to super villains and wreck everything. Also what team are you using? I recommend Carnage (L) - Venom - Spider-Man. That way your team-up button always gets you Carnage's fifth skill.

Pejo

I got Sharog to T2 a few days ago and have managed to kill Thanos, Proxima and Black Dwarf since. Infinity Thanos was still too hard, and Black Dwarf was a bitch, took several tries. I use Carnage and FLoki as backups at T1 without maxed gears.

Cool, I'll keep at it for Sharog then, she sounds worth it.

I mean Nico is already really solid. She had one specific problem, survivability, which is addressed here. The heal is decent and the shield will help a lot given how risky it is to use her fifth skill currently. Add to that a hefty damage increase on her already strong skills, and now she's a monster once again.

What caught my attention though, is that she's the first summon character to get a passive that doesn't affect the summons directly (more atk/def/duration/health). Wonder if Loki may end up the same.

Are you using your chaos tokens on purple norns? That's one way to speed things up if you aren't.

As for WBs, do you have a good set of strikers? For Carnage you can just use 8% physical attack and 10% damage to super villains and wreck everything. Also what team are you using? I recommend Carnage (L) - Venom - Spider-Man. That way your team-up button always gets you Carnage's fifth skill.

This is something I can try right now. I have Spidey and Venom both at 6*mastered +15, so that should be doable.

Question about skills, is it super important to max them out? I can do it for Carnage but it will wipe out a significant amount of my Gold. I think right now I'm only at level 4 across the board on his skills, so that might be a glaring weak spot too.

*Edit* Also yes, I am sparing the Elsa bios right now and using every Chaos token I get on Norn stones.

You don't need to level your skills at all, it's just a gold sink. Until you're sitting on 30+ million gold with no urgent need to spend them, just leave all non-buff/summon/shield skills at rank 1.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
A-Force featuring Black Bolt T2s!

161115_T2.png

Plus some buffs for them too

she hulk yeas

I can go up to stage 14ish on SL now, took me a bit to figure out the best way to go about it but I think I found the optimal way to go get to 10 at least. I could possibly get to 16/17 but I'd need to spend a lot of time trying out different teams on every stage until I find a setup that uses the least amount of resources and BARELY works(in which case I'd have to replay the stage like 10 times at least to get lucky enough and play optimally), but I just don't have the patience for that.

I'll test my boundaries again after I rank up/T2 a bunch more characters, combat characters and villains are the biggest holes in my roster right now but sadly those categories have so many uninteresting(and bad) characters that I struggle to find some good ones to use.

Care to list some of the teams you're using?
I haven't experimented with it enough so have just been using my WB teams to get to stage 5 by which time I'm out of T2s and can't advance.

This game seems to download an update every time I log in at the moment. It's absolutely killing my iPad storage.

Pejo

Whats the word on Wiccan. Is he worth T2'ing? I like his leader skill, and his skills in preview seem pretty damn good, but am I missing something?

Care to list some of the teams you're using?
I haven't experimented with it enough so have just been using my WB teams to get to stage 5 by which time I'm out of T2s and can't advance.

This game seems to download an update every time I log in at the moment. It's absolutely killing my iPad storage.

It's less about teams and more about individual characters. I just try to determine which characters can win me a stage by themselves(teamed up with low rank team members for the team bonuses), try to avoid rumble mode and stick to relay mode when possible(especially when using this strategy).

These characters of mine can win a stage by themselves:
T2s: Wasp, BW, IF, Silk, Sharon, Proxima, Songbird, Elsa. Like half of these can win rumble mode too(you need high amounts of CC or just sheer force aka Sharon).
6*s: Ancient One, Carnage, Loki, Gwenpool, Satana.

So that's like 13 total, I can get 1/2 more by teaming up my other 6*s together to struggle past a stage, but that's heavily dependant on the stage(some are just extremely difficult). IMO the key to getting very far is to be greedy with your characters and try to finish stages with the bare minimum. For example I only really bust out my Sharon/Elsa/Wasp if the stage is nigh impossible to do with any other character, it's still more efficient than using 2 of your other high value characters.

Drayco21

NEW STORY MISSIONS AW YISS LET'S GO.

Gotta earn our happy ending somehow.

This is like the fourth time I've gotten hyped for a new story mission set, let's hope it's actually story missions this time.

Oh god no please, this game is already a hellish grind

I hope they make Thor good because I foolishly picked him as my starter, so I got him at 6/6.

It's ridiculous that a few of the characters like Thor and Hulk, who traditionally, should be top tier characters, are literally scraping the bottom of the barrel in FF.

It's ridiculous that a few of the characters like Thor and Hulk, who traditionally, should be top tier characters, are literally scraping the bottom of the barrel in FF.

I half-jokingly said this in the MH thread, the worst part of this game is how all the best characters are C-listers. I suppose that's what happens when you combine power creep with literally running out of usable characters in the Marvel Universe, but they could certainly stand to rework some older characters, or they need godlike T2s or something.

There's some hope.

“As the person in charge of the development team for ‘Future Fight,’ my hope and pleasure would be to know that our players felt absolute power while playing this character. Furthermore, we plan on improving many of the characters to be more similar to the original comics and to be even more exciting to play. Look forward to seeing what lies in the future for ‘Marvel Future Fight.'” – Doohyun Cho, Dev Director of “Marvel Future Fight”

I would rather have them try to make every character viable rather than make some characters intentionally overpowered, this way you're screwing over people who're fans of C/D list characters like Bullseye and Elektra.

Pejo

So I have T2 Carnage and Sharon Rogers now, and still can't complete a world boss.

Can someone go over what my strategy should look like? I get a lot of damage on them with Carnage, but Sharon doesn't do much at all before dying. Is there some ISO or one of those extra gears I need to make it work?

Drayco21

Give Sharon all energy attack strikers you might have (Iron Man, Ms. Marvel, Wiccan, Nico, ect.), use Star-Lord on leadership if you have him- she should be melting world bosses with her 3* attack reflector skill- I use Stark Backing and an Obelisk that heals for survivability, but only really need their effects when I'm getting sloppy.

Use her 3* right before the world boss attacks, use the 6* for the invincibility/shield while you're waiting for it to recharge, the 5* is pretty strong too, when it's ready, the co-op attack should be another free 3* skill, so time it like you would that.

For what it's worth, my gears are rolled all Energy/All attack, All Defense, HP, and unoptimized for her fourth- rolling those first three out might help a lot.

Unworthy Thor?

1: We need you to be stronger than ever, and as such, S.H.I.E.L.D. levels will be increasing. It seems that our explorations require us to stand taller than ever, and through increasing agent levels, we will be able to stand tall in the face of overwhelming odds.

2: The surroundings look unfamiliar to us. What looks to have been grandeur and splendor, has been obliterated and replaced with ruins of a time long past. In the darkness, a solitary figure, barely standing, sticks out amongst the ruins. His red mantle, blows almost wistfully in the winds of destruction.

3: The only image we managed to snap from the vision came out much different from the vision we saw, which gives hope that we can still change the path we saw. The image, shown below, shows a slightly more resplendent figure than the one we sadly laid our eyes on.

161121_1stTeaser.jpg

So I have T2 Carnage and Sharon Rogers now, and still can't complete a world boss.

Can someone go over what my strategy should look like? I get a lot of damage on them with Carnage, but Sharon doesn't do much at all before dying. Is there some ISO or one of those extra gears I need to make it work?

Sharon - 3* > 6* > 2* > 5* > repeat

Carnage - 6* > 5* > 1* > 3* > repeat

Make sure you have over 40% skill cooldown reduction from alliance bonus, cards and gear.

-Digits-

High cooldown reduction is key. If you manage to cap it at 50% you can pretty much chain Carnage's 6 into 3 over and over and Sharon is vulnerable for a second or two before her 3 is up again.
You get a lot of CD reduction from being in a high level alliance (14% at max) and the rest should come from cards. Some characters have it natively on their gear as well and you can roll it on the 4th.

After CD reduction Defense Penetration is a good stat to work on, World Bosses have a lot of defense.

Do you have good skill combos for

Silk
Elsa
Yellow jacket
iron fist?

I just used carnage and your carnage skill set and I sliced through them like butter

Also what their 2 partners should be and ally strikers

It's the 3* skill, she gains attack damage for like 7(?) seconds when she absorbs damage with it, making her skills do ridiculous damage(including the 3* skill itself).

Yeah in general any skill rotation involved identifying which abilities give you invincibility/shields and spamming them whenever possible.

Pejo

So I used the recommended skill rotations and killed Corvus twice, but then I eventually ran out of hp, and didn't get a single reward for it? what kind of fuckery is this?

Do you have to kill the bosses like 15 times to actually get a reward or what's going on?

Drayco21

Corvus' gimmick is that he has to be killed three times. To compensate for that, each stage has significantly less health than every other World Boss, and he just gets higher and higher dodge. I used to get timed out regularly on the third stage running Ronan-Loki-Coulson.

Having some Dodge Ignore strikers like Mockingbird, Quake, Deathlok and what have you can make a world of difference.

Anyone have recommended skill rotation for ancient one? And what Iso set I should use?

If anyone have skill rotations for elsa, silk, YJ and iron fist I'd appreciate it

I know right, only 50 euros to boost one character to the max level

f2p pricing has ruined us for what is considered reasonable

I look at it as three months of Stark Stashes (+weekly crystal earnings). Wouldn't drop that much money just to speed up one character.

Did they bump up the bio requirement? I had well over 420 bios for ancient one and I still fell short

Nah, just bad luck.

Pejo

Man I just don't get it. There must be some key upgrade component that I'm missing or something. I try world bosses and just tried Shadowland, I can't even beat a single thing, and I have 3 T2 characters right now (Carnage, Sharon Rogers, Moon Knight) and I'm working on Elsa. I just die so fast, and it feels like I'm not doing any significant damge.

This really bums me out, because I just read the Dr. Strange requirements for the Black Anti Matter, and I think the only way to get it is via Shadowland, which I can't even clear a single stage in.

This might be it for me for this game. I don't like when you get to a point in a f2p game where they make everything so hard that only big spenders and daily grinders have a chance at 50% of the content.

Top Bottom